Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 4: December 2011 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She could have chosen any other Valentino gown why on earth this thing.

I saw this exact gown, the other day when I was watching the 1973 miniseries Edward the Seventh,on the actress who portrayed Queen Victoria! Looked more appropriate on her!

The dress makes her look so much bigger than she is. How unfortunate

The only redeeming factor about this gown is that it is only borrowed! Surely there were others that she could have chosen from Valentino's collection that would have been more attractive...

:previous:

:eek: Hideous! Next to her dress at the MET gala, this is one of the worst looks she's ever had!

Last edited:
I don't like it, looks like a nightgown to me, especially with those shoes. Her hair looks nice, though.

I think the dress is undervalued. It is not hideous, just controversial a bit. Still I am sure she looks wonderful.

It's a bit gothic, not that bad though. We've seen really ugly dresses. I'm fine with this one.

I agree the goth look is not for her IMO and I don't like this look on MM. Her general appearance is too fragile for this harsh look.

The outdoor picture from 2006 looks loads better - the artificial lights aren't complementary to to fabric.

Emerald looks to be a good color for her in theory, but there's just... too much dress here. She's lost in it, particularly with the black overlay.

It's not my favorite, it seems to be swallowing her up. But I'll give it a pass, because she's in mourning like the rest of the court, and this was I suppose what they could find in her closet that would suit the event.

That dress is really not pretty. But MM looks really pretty with her hair and makeup.

MM wearing an oft repeated pink dress for the official dinner in honor of the President of Finland. It's wrinkled from sitting but it's a decent look. Nice to see the Daisy tiara for those of us who are tiara starved of late.

http://i46.tinypic.com/30n7tqr.jpg

Last edited:
dbarn67 said:
MM wearing an oft repeated pink dress for the official dinner in honor of the President of Finland. It's wrinkled from sitting but it's a decent look. Nice to see the Daisy tiara for those of us who are tiara starved of late.

Not a fan of the dress, but she makes it look quite nice.

Never was fond of that pink dress. I don't like the style.

that dress does her no favors. Maybe a necklace would have helped.

I don't like this on her it makes here appear bigger than she is but I do like the colour

I love this dress on her, great strong colour and her hair and make-up work well with it. Jewellery also looks nice.

i dont care about this pink dress but it isnt bad and she looks ok in it. however i wished she would pick her other pink dress with ruffles, at least is more beautiful and looks better on her

It's time this dress gets retired. She has worn it many times before and doesn't flatter her. The only nice thing about this dress is the lovely strong color.

I think she should try for V-necklines or at least more plunging. This neckline makes her look bigger. Even though she is tall she could use some more vertical lines. Love the colour. Like the dress, but it would be more appropriate on a 15 year old innocent girl, not a forty year old.

I'm not too impressed by the pink gown, it's okay though. The hairstyle is lovely!

Last edited:
That is a ghastly silver dress. It doesn't do Mette-Marit any favors.

Is there from head-on? The angle can really affect the pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom