Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 4: December 2011 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like this dress, MM seems in it as a wrapped gift. The color is good, but first I thought, that MM made it in her freetime... :)) And she should make something with her hair, it is very boring every time this white curly hairdo.

The blue dress looks like it is big on her. She should have had it taken in.

It's odd and I just fear the whole thing though a good idea with the colour, is too ... too.. words have just escaped me.

Another desaster at the NY Met gala - MM looks heavily pregnant in this pic. 2 awful dresses during her NY stay. MM herself looks pretty though.
http://minmote.no/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/mettemarit.jpg

Dress by Valentino Couture Spring 2012

What was MM thinking wearing that dress? It is unfaltering on the model and anything unflattering on a model. This is so not MM style in dressing. The color is also all wrong and the design is not her. Its too old fashioned, the sleeves are too big and the sheer high chest part doesn't work for her.

I dont understand why she should be in Valentino, why not promote a Norwegian designer at this event?

dazzling took the words right out of my mouth! "What was MM thinking wearing that dress?"

What an awful dress :ermm:
I can think on anybody who would look good in that mess, But for Mette Marit body shape it looks wrong in every way.

I agree with all og you the dress in awful even in the model, it looks like a sleepwear blouse...awful!!!!

Oh my word! She looks like she's wearing a bed sheet! A Really ugly bed sheet. That dress is awful. MM can and has done so so so much better. Thank goodness it was borrowed so that we may never see it again!

AWFUL dress and looks horrendous on Mette Marit.

Crown Princess Mette Marit in NY for the reception and presentation of Nina Skarra's "Pure Fashion" line. Love the color and the shoes, hate the long bow at her waist. She doesn't have straight enough posture so the bow looks scrunched.

http://i45.tinypic.com/6rkgp4.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/t7nbc4.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/10gh4cg.jpg
I can't figure out what the problem is with this dress. It makes her look like she needs a bra with better support. However, from the time I worked in lingerie, the standard for fitting was the mid-point of the bust should be half way between the shoulder and elbow, which it appears to be for MM. All in all, it looks like a dress made in a 7th grade Home Economics class. Those shoes are a nightmare and her hair looks like a bad wig.

I don't understand MM. She rarely presents a polished appearance. Most of the time when I see pictures of her, I don't see a 38 year old crown princess, I see an 18 year old college freshman hanging out with friends. Unfortunately, she is 20 years too old for that look. If she didn't want the position and doesn't want to do it properly, she shouldn't have married into the family. If she doesn't know how to dress appropriately, then she should hire someone to help her. She just doesn't seem to present the kind of appearance you would want representing your country.

ohhh MM, what are you thinking. that girlish look is not for her age, that black shoes are ugly and unfashionable, not to mention her hair, there's something in there that doesn't look right.
but the worse, is that hideous/horrible/granny/sloppy/pregnancy dress from met gala. why MM? why? i guess she didnt found a mirror that day.
to be honest, sometimes when she dresses like this, i think i would feel ashamed and embarrassed for her being my country's crown princess, even though i like her, im glad she isnt.

I can't figure out what the problem is with this dress. It makes her look like she needs a bra with better support. However, from the time I worked in lingerie, the standard for fitting was the mid-point of the bust should be half way between the shoulder and elbow, which it appears to be for MM. All in all, it looks like a dress made in a 7th grade Home Economics class. Those shoes are a nightmare and her hair looks like a bad wig.

I don't understand MM. She rarely presents a polished appearance. Most of the time when I see pictures of her, I don't see a 38 year old crown princess, I see an 18 year old college freshman hanging out with friends. Unfortunately, she is 20 years too old for that look. If she didn't want the position and doesn't want to do it properly, she shouldn't have married into the family. If she doesn't know how to dress appropriately, then she should hire someone to help her. She just doesn't seem to present the kind of appearance you would want representing your country.

To be fair the dress doesn't even look good on the model. But, for MM, this is the worst dress for a women of her height, her figure type and her posture. I've said before that she hunches her shoulders which is accentuated in with all the volume and ruffles. Also, she's not Letizia, Mary or Catherine Cambridge, she's tall, medium-boned and busty, who are all small to medium boned and super slender. A woman of MM's frame in this dress gets wider and wider. It's the dress that's a failure IMO. But I think whomever told MM she could pull this off is equally at fault.

Apparently she can't pull off such girly dresses. Not a good look. :ermm:

MM is not making good fashion choices at the moment. She is a stunning woman and isn't wearing styles flattering to her age, figure and coloring. She also needs an update with her hairstyle and color. That Met gown reminds me of the sheer curtains I had hanging in my kitchen years ago, and it's just an unattractive style on her and too big. This lady truly needs a good stylist, or a new one.

Last edited:
The Valentino was not for her IMO she has just done so well to loss wt and now she wears this which IMO makes her look huge. It is actually horrible on her IMO

The Valentino dress reminded me of Princess Grace's look at the beginning of the 80's, when she looked quite matronely and was in her 50's.
Mette-Marit could have been a guest at Caroline of Monaco's 1st wedding, looking like that.

I absolutely hate the prarie look...and Valentino? How awful, I hope they reward her for her braveness with something nice.

What a shame.. Another disastrous choice. She needs to really step it up!

Not a good choice, the dress makes her look so much bigger than she really is.

Oooh indeed Bad Choice , Not Beautiful Dress at all it’s Too Big , Not Successful Choice .

When I was looking at pics from the met gala, I thought I saw MM in the background, but I was sure if it were her she wouldn't wear such a dress! Gosh I was wrong. Big disappointment that dress.

Right, tell me the price tag of the dress is wrong. $17,000 for that?! :ohmy:
I wouldn't spend $17 on it.

It's a shame she wore this at the NY Met Gala of all places. She could have done better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom