Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 3: July 2010 - December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the dress, but I think it would have looked better with an updo.

I like this dress - it is simple and elegant. She does not appear to me to be into 'showy' evening gowns so this is typical MM.

I like the dress is perfect for MM.

I like the dress also. It has MM's style written all over it, perfect for her. Not to mention that she and Haakon are beaming, which make them both all the more lovely.

She looked gr8 in the white dress. It actually made her look slimmer with the belt.

August 31, 2011 - MM attending the gala in a new off white dress.

Dress is by Valentino Resort 2011

MM in the dress

I quite like the dress on her, the cut is just perfect and the small ruffles are nice. Its great seeing MM in such a simple dress. Im not fond of the work/fabric as I think its a bit childish and belongs on a little girls dress.

Maxima has a shorter version of the dress with black piping. I like the idea of the dress but it looks just okay on MM IMO.

The dress is too young for MM, I think. But who cares; take a look at those earrings!

Last edited:
Only a very slim woman could wear such a dress. Much too fussy. Makes her look much heavier.

I'm not liking the dress either. I don't know why it makes her look so heavy when she appears to be a very slim woman.

I have to agree, this dress, although very beautiful, is doing nothing for MM's figure. Her hair and makeup look great though.

August 31, 2011 - MM attending the gala in a new off white dress.

Dress is by Valentino Resort 2011

MM in the dress

I quite like the dress on her, the cut is just perfect and the small ruffles are nice. Its great seeing MM in such a simple dress. Im not fond of the work/fabric as I think its a bit childish and belongs on a little girls dress.
Love the dress! Love all the ruffles and sparkle! Make way for MM, Cinderella!:cool:

Another frilly gown ... its Valentino, what can I say, nice & classy but not necessarily on MM's body frame. I think she is overdoing the frilly ruffly stuff abit, its more for younger woman and starts looking childish on her.

Last edited:
sorry to say, the cleavage is totally inapropriate...:whistling:

Revolting, came to mind.

And as for the lovely Mette-Marit, I've all but given up hope that HRH shall adopt a more elegant style of evening dress. Sometimes she stuns, but for the most part her evening wardrobe is really quite a misery to behold imo.

Though by day, she looked a million dollars!

And as for the lovely Mette-Marit, I've all but given up hope that HRH shall adopt a more elegant style of evening dress. Sometimes she stuns, but for the most part her evening wardrobe is really quite a misery to behold imo.

Though by day, she looked a million dollars![/QUOTE]

Be fair - she never looked "a misery" or not elegant! She chose some evening gowns that weren´t everybody´s taste, or a bit dull/gloomy - but never a misery... This word would fit to clothes of a woman like the Grand Duchess Maria of Russia (don´t know if you know her)

Be fair - she never looked "a misery" or not elegant! She chose some evening gowns that weren´t everybody´s taste, or a bit dull/gloomy - but never a misery... This word would fit to clothes of a woman like the Grand Duchess Maria of Russia (don´t know if you know her)

It's my professional and personal opinion that the Crown Princess looked a frump in the evening and all too often does. She does not know how to dress according to her body shape where evening gowns are generally concerned, and the shoe strap chord wrapped around her waist only accentuates that she has little shape and cuts a rather masculine figure when not dressed according to those specifications.

From the neck up she was exquisite. Lovely selection of jewellery, though I do think the Vifte necklace would look smashing as a tiara. Her eyes were luminous. A striking feature for this Nordic beauty.

Naturally I'm not asking you, or anyone, to agree.

As previously stated, she looked marvellous at the welcoming ceremony. Picture perfect infact.

Last edited:
I really love her evening gown, she looks serene and beatiful!

Mette Marit look so beautiful in that dress, hope we will see here more in that:)

MM looks beautiful. She pulls off the dress nicely.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit at the opening ceremony of the One Young World
summit in Zurich, Switzerland, 01 September 2011, wearing a nice black dress.

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 **

Crown Princess Mette-Marit at the opening ceremony of the One Young World
summit in Zurich, Switzerland, 01 September 2011, wearing a nice black dress.

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 **

Valentino dress

That is one pretty black dress, I really like the detailing of the lace and the semi high collar. She really pulls this piece off well with that hair do and make up all kept very simple.

MM has just looked (and is) gorgeous all week! Of course having a dashing prince on your arm isn't bad either!!!!!!

She should wear not only Valentino, other designer has also very beautiful dresses. Or maybe she has by Valentino some discount? :)
But I must say, this black dress is stunning!!

Last edited:
I really like the black Valentino dress on MM, she looks so classy!

they make a great looking couple !!! love the dress on her ! infacted both dresses really suit her ! the evening dress and the black one !!

She looks lovely in that black dress.Love the lace.

Stylish and young!
She has nice legs to pay attention to! :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom