Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 3: July 2010 - December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Valentino dress

That is one pretty black dress, I really like the detailing of the lace and the semi high collar. She really pulls this piece off well with that hair do and make up all kept very simple.

The black Valentino dress is gorgeous! I love the top portion.

The Valentino cocktail dress is incredible. The lace work is superb and black suits the Crown Princess really well. There's something about seeing the Scandinavian consorts in black lace that evokes in my mind a sense of Nordic contemporary goth, and It's beautifully expressed. Delicate, feminine, sensual and sexy.

I think her posture could do with a little work. She tends to hunch a little from what I've noticed. Either that or it's the natural curvature of her shoulders and upper back. She doesn't look so top heavy that it should be a contributing factor and it doesn't truly lend well to a dress like this.

That said, and looking past that, she does look beautiful.

Last edited:
She does have poor posture and needs to work on it, don't we all?
The black dress suits her beautifully

Valentino dress

That is one pretty black dress, I really like the detailing of the lace and the semi high collar. She really pulls this piece off well with that hair do and make up all kept very simple.
Dazzling, JSYK, this link gave my computer 6 viruses 2nite! No worries, virus protection deleted them, so I am good, but I wanted you to be aware...;)

Crown Princess Mette-Marit at the opening ceremony of the One Young World
summit in Zurich, Switzerland, 01 September 2011, wearing a nice black dress.

** Full view 2 **
Love this dress, and love this pic! Glamour-girl princess on dashing prince's arm,... nothing tops that!:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Loving this black dress - really elegant - they are such a beautiful couple together

Dazzling, JSYK, this link gave my computer 6 viruses 2nite! No worries, virus protection deleted them, so I am good, but I wanted you to be aware...;)
This link didn't give me any problems...

MM looks nice with Valentino black dress.

MM looks nice with Valentino black dress.
I know many people like change but what I really admire about Mette Marit is that she knows what she likes, what she feels comfortable in, what in fact, makes her feel like a Princess. And she sticks with it.

No embarrassing faux pas with weird fashion, just beautiful feminine and delicate dresses. Her LBD is absolutely divine and I love that lately she has taken to wearing her hair in an almost severe style to enhance the femininity of the gown.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...33679800.jpg&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13151362138227

Are these all Valentino? I love the soft grey one shouldered dress. Was this when she was pregnant or just the current style.

:previous: Yeah I wouldn't necessarily agree with that myself.

She may know what she likes, but in my personal and professional opinion, her choices don't suit her as much as one would expect of a woman who supposedly owns her taste.

I find the majority of her evening gowns to look unflatteringly clumsy on her. Not all, but most. Her body shape isn't what I'd call particularly feminine, per say, and she often adopts a style which draws attention to her poor posture and square shoulders. It doesn't help that she favours evening gowns which flow consistently from bust to floor and which are at times ageing by detail.

To me she gives the impression of a walking 'block'.

She makes herself look bigger than what she actually is aswell by choice, and I for one can make no sense of it.

I agree though that her hair has been sensational lately. Over the past year or so she has really embraced change and she looks wonderful for it.

The black Valentino is pretty and very flattering to MM, love the look and her shoes! (and her hunky hubby ;))

She has looked really lovely lately IMO. This dress is no exception. She wears it very nicely like her hair and that she has not tried to overdress the dress.

The black Valentino is pretty and very flattering to MM, love the look and her shoes! (and her hunky hubby ;))

I didn't even notice her shoes. They blend so well with her legs.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit at the opening ceremony of the One Young World
summit in Zurich, Switzerland, 01 September 2011, wearing a nice black dress.

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 **

I like this Valentino black dress. Mette-Marit was very elegant. I really like the details of the upper part.

Such an elegant look for her. I would have preferred she switch from her nude daytime shoes to some type of black strappy sandal, but perhaps she wanted to pack light for such a quick trip. She is like CP Victoria, just radiating happiness. :)

The black Valentino dress is lovely on MM. She definately has the right "look" for most of his designs. I don't even mind the nude colored shoes, they don't detract from the dress.

:previous: She looks absolutely fabulous. The style, and more importantly, the colour, looks fabulous on her and her shoes are the icing on the cake. The rich colour and style of the evening coat is amazing and looks wonderful on her.

She looks fabulous with and without coat and her shoes are fantastic !

Mette-Marit looked so beautiful. Her sense of style shows a finesse for feminine detail that is (typically) lovely and elegant.

fairy tale said:
at the official dinner on the occasion of the 150th anniversary of the birth Fridtjof Nansen, October 10, 2011
with coat - without coat

I like this look......especially the color of the coat

at the official dinner on the occasion of the 150th anniversary of the birth Fridtjof Nansen, October 10, 2011
with coat - without coat

Great look!!! I love the dress. I remember to have seen the coat in the last two years quite often, but it never looked better than here. Wonderfully combined with these delicate shoes, IMO. :)

Great look!!! I love the dress. I remember to have seen the coat in the last two years quite often, but it never looked better than here. Wonderfully combined with these delicate shoes, IMO. :)
You've hit the nail on the head! The current fashion of platforms makes a lot of evening shoes look clumpy, clumsy and unbalanced. Mette-Marit has really nailed this evening look.

Love the dress. White looks just great on her. And the shoes are gorgeous.

Thanks for the reminder! :flowers: I love both the dress and the coat, very special pieces!

Both the white dress and purple coat look good. I only don't like the fur on the coat sleeves.

so looooove the purple coat , and the dress looks great on her !

MM looks amazing in the purple coat/white dress! Love her shoes!

:previous: yeah the shoes are pretty. I like the curvy cut on the front.

with coat - without coat
That deep violet colour of CP Mette-Marit's coat looks absolutely fantastic on a platinum blond woman like her. I also love her off-white dress beneath -its design is extremely clever i.m.o. since repeated vertical stripes optically divide the dress' horizontal ruffles thus preventing them from rendering Mette-Marit's outfit unflattering around the waistline. Ultimately, those elegant shoes with a blossom-like opening and thin golden straps complete this impeccable appearance:).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom