Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 1: March 2005 - March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I especially love her jewelleries in the pics. The gown was very simple but very elegant & it looks very good on her.:flowers:

I really like this dress. I just wish that I could see a full-length picture of MM wearing it. Does anyone know what her shoes were like?

the dress does actually look lovely. it's gorgeous. i just hope mette marit didn't wear it with the black tights....

CP Mette's dress is wonderful but I want to see a full-length picture.

This dress is absolutely stunning. I really love it, she looks beautiful :flowers:

Yes, her dress is wonderful.
But why noone wouldn't tell her that there are other colours of tights :nonono: not only black:bang:

of course she did;) no purple shoes like on the model though

http://www.rexfeatures.com/images/thumb/830546p.jpg

it's hopeless. does mm have green spots on her legs or something silimar that request the cover-up black tights all the time, even when it looks so much out of place that the least fashion-interested person will notice? :eek: too bad because the dress is very classy.

Black tights are very in-fashion, you see it on the runway as well, so it`s not just M-M and she isn`t trying to cover up! It`s also a matter of personal taste, so it`s always very funny/humerous to see how upwinded some people get by this. :lol:

With this remark I withdraw from all future fashion-comments, because it`s only a discussion about personal taste and we will never all agree.

After Mary and Letizia... now here are Mette's State Dinner and Tiara Looks ;)

Mette's Tiara Looks
Anb, ibl, scanpix, royals, Polfoto

Well... compared to the Danes and the Spanish the Norwegians really attend alot of Tiaraevents every year... and never forget that half of their Tiara dinners are private :huh: (so no pictures).

Mette's Tiara Looks

Well... compared to the Danes and the Spanish the Norwegians really attend alot of Tiaraevents every year... and never forget that half of their Tiara dinners are private :huh: (so no pictures).

again, great collection :flowers: i have to say that especially compared to the spanish the norwegians really celebrate great gala, mm has some stunning, stunning gowns that give her the most regal touch at such events.

Regarding Mette-Marit and those infernal black tights---Diana did the same thing for years. Remember that tangerine suit with black tights? It makes me shiever just thinking about (and not shiver in a good way).

Thank you, Her Majesty for the wonderful tiara looks. If you haven't already, could you post them (for Mary, Letizia, and Mette-Merit) on their respective jewels threads?

Now, MM's tiara looks:
I think she generally always looks lovely, but when they're all up there like this, I see some bad choices.
The first three are beautiful, the fouth is lovely but the fifth and sixth are just not flattering to her. At all. And, she needs to wear her hair up when she has on a tiara--she doesn't have a tiara that is substantial enough to compete with her hair down.
Her wedding gown was beautiful (love the flowers), that pink dress is beautiful--even with the red sash--it works!
I really like the blue suit one--and she looks great pregnant in anything. Love the purple lace.
On the third row--uh, the first one--two tone--mmmmmm--no.
The second, third, fourth are lovely--I like the sleeves but she doesn't look very comfortable, in my opinion. I do not like the blue gown. At all. I like the green--it suites her. I like hte black plaid. I like the ice blue--but I don't care for the expression on her face--she looks weird. The last is great--suits a pregnant a woman.

She needs another tiara--desperately.

Thanks for a nice photo compilation!:flowers:
Most of Crown Princess Mette-Marit's gala gowns are well-chosen. She looks perfect in a soft pastel colours that brings her lovely complexion out, whereas she tends to look harsh in dark colours. My personal favourite is the pink dress (last photoes in top 1st and 2nd rows). When it comes to hairstyles and tiaras, I prefer updos.

I´ve just noticed how beautiful looks pink on her :flowers:
So it isn´t neccesary to say that my personal favourites are pink gowns:angel:

Mette's Tiara Looks

she has also been a Crown Princess a little longer;) but I agree it is annoying so many dinners are "private" Last night forinstance was the dinner for the diplomatic corps, full gala attended by the Crown Prince couple and King and Queen.

If we are also counting official portraits she also wore the gown from Queen Elizabeths state visit for her first gala portraits
http://img205.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=80725_mmmmm1rc_122_214lo.jpg
Her first gala dinner after the marriage was the dinner for Stortinget
http://img130.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=80434_sp1855fb_122_881lo.jpg
and her first state visit the one from Estonia when she wore her pre- wedding gown
http://img165.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=80428_sp1e2d06_122_817lo.jpg

she has also been a Crown Princess a little longer;) but I agree it is annoying so many dinners are "private" Last night forinstance was the dinner for the diplomatic corps, full gala attended by the Crown Prince couple and King and Queen.

If we are also counting official portraits she also wore the gown from Queen Elizabeths state visit for her first gala portraits
http://img205.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=80725_mmmmm1rc_122_214lo.jpg
Her first gala dinner after the marriage was the dinner for Stortinget
http://img130.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=80434_sp1855fb_122_881lo.jpg
and her first state visit the one from Estonia when she wore her pre- wedding gown
http://img165.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=80428_sp1e2d06_122_817lo.jpg

Beautiful, in all gowns!

Oh,no!!This outfit doesn't flatter MM at all,although pink definitely suits her and makes her look very sweet.The Greek-looking gown posted above is a real beauty!!God,this dress is so well-made and MM looked stunning that night!!I wonder who is the blonde lady who accompanied Joachim.

The pink outfit is too terrible and the grey is lovely though she was thinner then and I have to say if she doesn't stop wearing opaques I'll scream.

Oh dear, that is one not-so-good outfit. The skirt is not good on her and the top is too casual. The color is beautiful and her hair looks nice, but other than that, she needs to burn that skirt.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit's ensemble was absolutely unflattering, to say the least. Soft pink colour became her perfectly. However, the skirt and sweater was an odd combination that emphasised the problematic areas, especially the top part of the skirt.

Mette-Marit looks great during the visit. I like every outfit and shoes especially :flowers:

I think Mette-Marit looks very young, even like a girl. The dress both simple and elegant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom