Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 7: June 2013 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I don't get it. Mette-Marit's natural hair colour is so much more flattering than bleached blonde. I would go further and say bleached white is more correct and her hair is showing the strain of years of bleaching. What was once a beautiful fall of hair is now white crimped and a bit strangly on the ends.

It is as if some image stylist got hold of her really early on and drilled three cardinal princess rules into her. First, she must never age, second, bleached hair is absolutely her very best friend and third, frills and ruffles are essential for the Crown Prince of Norway.

Essentially it seems her natural style has been stunted, nipped in the bud no less. I look at that beautiful, magical wedding ensemble, from the tiara and hair to the veil on the floor, it was stunning, so who destroyed her natural pared down style?

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...BoM/YnlvIs8RCjc/s1600/MetteMarit2001Gowns.jpg

And ta dah! We now have a new plastic princess. What a ghastly metamorphesus. From simple, elegant character to bland, monotonous frills. Each and every frilly evening dress morphs seamlessly into the next. The only thing that changes is the colour.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...Boo/2KRkb4z5Lao/s1600/MetteMarit2010Gowns.jpg

It's like some strange reversal of fortune, or rather taste, to be honest. She started out elegantly uncluttered and by 2010 was turned into a mind numbingly awful "Princess Ruffle" wearing the evening gowns she should have been wearing ten years before and been well over them.

I am aware she was unskilled at the beginning and she didn't wear a lot of makeup even for her wedding, but the bones of her personal style was there and someone has bent it, twisted it and shaped it until now, in 2014 she is often found wearing 'Little House on the Prairie' styles covered in Laura Ashley type prints with ruffles at the neck, wrists and bottom. This is not a good look on any woman older than 18!

Couldn't her natural style have been allowed to grow and flourish? I think I would have really liked that Mette-Marit and I would have loved to see her hair in a more natural state.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb...e/4/47/20111012152459!Mette-Marit_Tiara_2.JPG

But I take heart that every once in a while she throws us a bone!http://www.harpersbazaar.com/cm/har...-Princess-Mette-Marit-012012-lgn-79012312.jpg
http://royalista.com/wp-content/ima...tte-marit_fascinators_coats_autox500@1.5x.jpg

IMO MM is the worst dresser of CPs and Queens her age. The bleached hair/tanned face is getting more horrible with age, the recent coat/dress is 60s housewife wear, I am thinking where are the curlers to complete the look? Its ok for a women mid fourties who had 3 children to have fuller figure, but MM is dressing in such an unflattering way, dresses too tight what makes her look fat/matronly or with impossible cut, stressing exactly those areas of her body that should not be stressed.

I think, the Problem is, that
1) she gained some extra Kilos (on the wrong places)
2) having designer the one day and Second Hand the other day make me belive, that she is unsure about her style (recently - maybe since she gained extra weight?).

What a pity, as I thought some years ago - GREAT, SHE HAS IT - (i.e. at the wedding of CP Victoria, she was one of the best dressed!)

Why has she lost the sense for Fashion, which really suits her?

BYe Bine

I think you are right about her being unsure about her style , due to her figure changing , which is still lovely , but you have to dress diffrently when your figure changes , and when she was younger she was very slender , so if you arent used to having that extra weight it can be hard, before any one says anything I think the princess has a lovely figure.

This looks like it was made from some curtains that my mother had in our family room.

That's just what I was about to post until I had read yours! I could also picture it as a tablecloth too as well as wartime dress material (especially when paired with those shoes, the outfit has a very 1940s/WWII feel). Having said that, it's quite a pretty pattern.

Dress, hair, posture and skin all look horrible. She in NO way shows she is a future queen.

This is one of the most horrible dresses:bang: ever, what was she thinking or maybe she wasn't thinking is the problem. Here is this woman who when she got married was so pretty and natural looking and now, no designer clothes, no fat bank account, no jewels is going to help her. She is going from bad to worse and I wonder that's next..............grrrrrr. Doesn't she have friends, family or stylist who can help her. If this is just her picking her clothes she certainly does not know how to dress for most occasions.

I always come to the Mette Marit fashion thread when I need a good laugh. I rarely leave disappointed.

Anyone familiar with the People of Walmart site? Most of MM's ensembles could make a Princess of Walmart site.

:previous:Sad but true and to think she is going to be a queen someday.....:bang:

This is a genuine question so not meant in a snarky way at all, but I was just wondering if Mette-Marit has a stylist or fashion adviser?

If she does, she should dismiss him immediately. I've rarely seen such a bad "appearance" like MM's, awful made hair, wrong color, matronly dresses, too large or too tights, black stockings.... a full catastrophy. I really do not undrestand her. Yes she gained weight, but not soooo much. I know people with more weight and they dress very accordingly and nice.
Yes, she does not like fashion, but she could dress simply, not extremerly trendy, but tastefully. Simple trousers, simple dresses, it is not so difficult to find, especially when you have money.
Nevertheless, I do not really believe that she does not like fashion, because on her first wedding years she was very expensively dressed, and while in London, she was running the shops like Prada all over the days.
I just believe that she likes too much designers and she becomes a victim of sellers, advising her to buy things do not fitting her, just because they are luxury items.
Surprisingly, the field she less misses is the evening dresses, sometimes she has nices gowns, maybe because you take the full gown, if it is nice it is all nice. She always fails when she has to combine, she has not taste to do it.
It will be funny when she will become Queen....

Last edited:
If she does, she should dismiss him immediately. I've rarely seen such a bad "appearance" like MM's, awful made hair, wrong color, matronly dresses, too large or too tights, black stockings.... a full catastrophy. I really do not undrestand her. Yes she gained weight, but not soooo much. I know people with more weight and they dress very accordingly and nice.
Yes, she does not like fashion, but she could dress simply, not extremerly trendy, but tastefully. Simple trousers, simple dresses, it is not so difficult to find, especially when you have money.
Nevertheless, I do not really believe that she does not like fashion, because on her first wedding years she was very expensively dressed, and while in London, she was running the shops like Prada all over the days.
I just believe that she likes too much designers and she becomes a victim of sellers, advising her to buy things do not fitting her, just because they are luxury items.
Surprisingly, the field she less misses is the evening dresses, sometimes she has nices gowns, maybe because you take the full gown, if it is nice it is all nice. She always fails when she has to combine, she has not taste to do it.
It will be funny when she will become Queen....

I think she went wild for the expensive clothes off the Paris runways when she was first married and fell into the trap of listening to these people who would tell her anything and everything that she wants to hear because they knew she had the big bucks to spend. I don't remember where I read and saw pictures, yet I believe that there is a sewing place int he palace for QS to have her clothes fitted to her, these people surely could make simple tailored trousers, dresses, coats, an entire wardrobe for her and it would be much more cost effective also. I think the way she is dressing is showing something that is going on inside her, :)I know moderators, it's speculation yet having had tons of experience in that field, as so many others have, it's not hard to spot somethings in life that are going on in people when you follow or watch them closely.:) Her hair is so bad, it's looks like it is going to fall out any day now, the color is atrocious on her, her make-up is off, even her posture is slouchy and forget her clothes.........therapy time and less pressure is in order! Stress is a killer, and I know this is true 100%...........been there as most of us have!:)

The hair is just a mess.
too bleached
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

but lovely seeing her agenda pick up

I do not know why but this photo gave me a creepy feeling..the hair and her face colour looks ghastly - she looks like a old woman trying too hard to look young. But she is one of the youngest Crown Princess (same age as Mathilde) among the 'M' Crown Princesses and young Queens generation. And I have not even touched on her dressing yet. She put on some weight but I do not see it as a problem - Grand Duchess Maria Teresa has the same problem but she is always such a pleasure to watch. With her money, MM could have some perfectly tailored outfits instead of been a Brand slave.

Missed seeing the 'old' MM years ago.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/e1/99/d0/e199d0258dffeda74888a5b29fa77870.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Princess+Mette+Marit+Crown+Princess+Victoria+2HjA954GCzZl.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/11/26/article-2513868-014E0E1800001005-481_634x457.jpg

http://geniusbeauty.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/princess-mette-marit-weight.jpg

The photo and the look are unfortunate, indeed. It is nice that Crown Princess Mette-Marit does not use excessive beauty treatments though.

What do you mean by excessive treatmennts? She does not need.
Her face just need stop self tanning, another color of hair, and another hairdo, in fact a real hairdo, because she just not have one..

Last edited:
The problem is she doesn't know how to dress for her shape and has no clue what looks good on her. I would think with all her money she could find a designer that would help her to dress in the correct clothing.

I feel the same, princess carmen. She definitely needs help now.

What do you mean by excessive treatmennts? She does not need.
Her face just need stop self tanning, another color of hair, and another hairdo, in fact a real hairdo, because she just not have one..
I meant that Crown Princess Mette-Marit did not use too much botox. I fully agree with you about tan and better hairstyle.

Sorry, I like that dress and I don't see anything wrong with her face, she has the normal face of someone in her forties. A pic not photoshopped, which becomes rare !

The photo and the look are unfortunate, indeed. It is nice that Crown Princess Mette-Marit does not use excessive beauty treatments though.

:ermm:What beauty treatments are you talking about? I can't recall anyone nor an article in the news that said she had beauty treatments of any kind. Please show a link to that reference of her beauty treatments?

:previous:

Al_bina stated that Mette-Marit does not use excessive beauty treatments, not that she does.

She also repeated and clarified this two posts above yours.

:previous:
Thank you for pointing that out to me............:)

I have said many times that MM started with such promise and has lost her way ... totally ... IMO

Me likey. The sum of the parts is soft and pretty.

Yes she has gain height so the clothes doesn't fit her so good, that is one problem, the other problem is that she tries so mucht to be dferent,,, a different jacket, a different scarf and she dones't have the sense of fashion or the body to do those things... this white dress with a black mini blazer and this long scarf looks just hprrible on her

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vNeVYDijt...exhibition-Kaleidoscope-in-Oslo-City-Hall.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the way she looks. I love the softness of the scarf, but am not too crazy about the cotton dress. Also, she has had her roots touched up, which looks much better than the black roots. Still, she should start to darken the platinum blonde hair just a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom