Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 7: June 2013 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the navy coat, gloves and head piece are fine but the plum printed dress and then does she have plum tights on too? It is fightng with it too much. No plum dress, just something plain underneath, there is too much going on, she's trying for too many focal points.

It's the same thing - Pia Tjelta designs for by TiMo.

Sent from my HTC One using The Royals Community mobile app

May 16, 2014 -

Outfit 1 - Valentino Fall 2012 ready to wear coat matched with a pillow box hat and simple pumps.

Valentino coat ** MM's outfit

Outfit 2 - Attending a reception in a lovely beige dress but unfortunately it was unflattering, it didn't suit her body shape.

Picture

Last edited:
:eek:The Valentino coat is just Ugly period, way to busy and abstract. Just because there is a big designer name on some piece of clothing does not mean it's meant for everybody or their body type. Her hat is great as is her hair...........not the coat!

Picture no 2, she needs body underwear to wear this type of dress, push in the stomach and pull up the butt and shape the breasts. Color on her is not a good color either, washes her out.

This lady needs help and just because you have the money doesn't mean you have the taste or know how to buy clothes to fit you.........something I learnt decades ago!

:previous:The lady sure does know how to spend the money on ugly clothes, will that coat ever be seen again, I really don't think so, regardless of who the designer is it is one ugly coat, way to busy and abstract, that is a piece of clothing that will be in the back of a very large closet for many years to come......sad.

I like this Valentino coat and it suits to MM's white hair. I think she was very elegant in it, with the white hat and dress under it. This coat is not for everybody taste, but absolute not ugly.

:previous:
I too like the ensemble with the Valentino coat. The intricate embroidery on the coat makes it somewhat similar to Bunad, a traditional Norwegian costume. The pill box hat adds sleek elegant touch to the whole ensemble.
The beige dress needed proper inner garments and a better posture. The white shoes are nice.

Last edited:
Think about it. When you wear designer clothing, it can get difficult to find something the other princesses/celebrities are NOT wearing. However, as Albina said, I think M-M is drawn to the patterns of the fabric which are reminiscent of bunad.

Although the look is something we're not used to looking at, or seeing on other people, I don't think they're ugly.

Not keen on that ruched-up little girl dress from TiMo.

Her first coat is a little busy for my taste, but Mette-Marit wore it well. I actually thought she looked quite chic that day. I agree with dazzling on her beige dress. The figure isn't flattering on MM, but the colour suits her. Not so keen on her black and white skirt outfit, although I do like her beige floral coat.

The Lily dress is by Pia Tjelta by TiMo. The designer has some nice feminine pieces.

The Lilly Dress — Pia Tjelta byTiMo

Yes I know, as Florestane had corrected me upthread.

I like the Valentino coat and her hair and hat. Very chic. Not at all keen on the beige - the colour makes her look washed out and it makes her look flabby (which she isn't from the bikini pics I've seen of her)

Sent from my HTC One using The Royals Community mobile app

May 21, 2014 - MM in a red and white printed coat over a white dress.

The coat looks like a robe IMO. Also looks a size or two too big and that why she added the belt. The dress underneath is a bit too busy (lace) for such a busy coat. The positive thing is that she is something bright and colored.

Full view ** Close up ** Close up 2

Full view is pretty good, but close up isn´t. The print is ood and the coat seems oversized.

The coat looks like a robe IMO. Also looks a size or two too big and that why she added the belt. The dress underneath is a bit too busy (lace) for such a busy coat. The positive thing is that she is something bright and colored.

To me, Mette looks great in a rather unique way. Her fashion choices are always slightly different from the rest of the Euro-CP pack, but I think it all works for her.

Oh dear .. that look is not for everyone and it is not IMO for MM I agree re Euro-pack look but am afraid that this isnot a good look for her.. the colours are good but something more fitted would be more flattering IMO

I'm not a huge fan of her coat, although MM manages to pull it off. It fits in well with her style. I do like her dress however, and for once her hair as well.

I love MM Valentino coat. That outfit was great esp with the pillbox hat and shoes.

I. do adore the Valentino coat and felt it was reminicent of a bunad. You would have to be on the tall side to pull it off.
The pink giant paisley coat is a little too messy for my taste but still looks good on her.
The beige dress needs serious undergarments, better yet, a size up

The coat is from Giambattista Valli, and the bag is a gift from Valentino:
mette-marit: Kom i kåpe til 24 000 kroner - Se og hør
https://translate.google.hu/transla...nk%C3%A5pe-til-24-000-kroner-71655&edit-text=

May 26, 2014 - MM in Sweden day in her classic red and white look.

The outfit works for me and the red and white combination is nice. The bag looks like a picnic bag, something different would've looked much better.

Full view ** Bag and shoes

Last edited:
:previous:So agree with you on the bag, maybe a small red clutch and not so shiny shoes would be nice with some small piece of red jewelry. She needs to pull the outfit together more......make it more coordinated. I do like the jacket and skirt, red looks good on her!

The bag is a working bag - she probably has lots of paperwork, reference materials, etc. in there.

:previous: Yes I think it's a work bag too, as if you look closely, you can see papers inside. I think it works quite well with her outfit, which is also nice, although I'm not a fan of MM's shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom