Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 7: June 2013 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mette-Marit is either dressed spectacularly, or is wearing the laundry day odds and ends.

She has a very nice figure but is wearing the tight knit shirt in dark colors over a white skirt which emphasizes the top. Then she has belted it and the shirt has wide horizontal color blocking. All contribute to focusing on her tummy which is accentuated. Just a dark skirt or trousers would have helped, especially with the black boots!

Love the skirt but the top is awful.

I'm sorry, but this is a big mess. Nothing elegant or royal looking about this outfit. :(

I also think that it was laundry day, and MM just grabbed whatever was left. im not saying to go matchy matchy but this just looks off.

:previous: That shade of green is quite nice and looks good with her hair, but I'm also not a fan of the suit. I think it's the bow that makes me not so keen.

May 6, 2015 - MM opening an art exhibition in Venice.

Too casual and unflattering dress, boring hair. The only thing about the whole look that I like is the print, very in now a days.

Full view 1 ** Full view 2

The dress per se is nice. However, Crown Princess Mette-Marit looked blocky in it. A woman has to have a clearly defined waistline to pull it off.

She looks lovely. I like the print and the style on her. Personally, I would prefer a small heel on the shoes.

The dress is very 1940s/WWII to me. I think it's nice, but it doesn't seem to suit MM as I don't think it's very flattering on her - in the first photo the dress makes her look as if she's pregnant (I'm not speculating, by the way, I think Haakon and MM won't be having any more children).

Has she dyed her hair again? It's looking a little brighter than last time...

I like the dress on her but I really hate those sandal things very childish IMO

It would be so nice if she would put some effort into her appearance. It is like she just does enough to get by. I hate to once again say she is not future queen material. I cannot believe someone has not called her out for the way she dresses. She appears to be lazy with the few appearances she does make. Never any effort. She is definitely not a hard working royal.

Last edited:
This gets a prize from me for the worst outfit worn during an engagement. It is so ugly on its own, fine for a small child but not a grown woman. then, for her it is highly unflattering to her figure and too tight.

The dress is very 1940s/WWII to me. I think it's nice, but it doesn't seem to suit MM as I don't think it's very flattering on her - in the first photo the dress makes her look as if she's pregnant (I'm not speculating, by the way, I think Haakon and MM won't be having any more children).

Has she dyed her hair again? It's looking a little brighter than last time...

I think it's because she is wearing the belt too high up.
Her hair is too flat and too light. I think she should've had some volume in her hair or a different hairstyle. Moreover, this length doesn't seem to suit her since she doesn't wear it well. The flats give a feeling that she is heading to a resort.

in one pictures she is wearing a little heel and in another she is wearing flats , so I think its becasue she was walking around she took her heels off , I do agree with you dazzling concering her hair being so flat , and she really does needs a diffrent hair style , no more middle partings please .

She has no clue how bad she looks. She is about as classless as they come. I am sure the clothes are very expensive and the designer is ready to scream NO. Hair looks so so bad. There is one good thing she did not wear her puffy down jacket with the dress.

Last edited:
This looks is just terrible.

WOW, what is wrong with her??? Even I make a better effort and I work in an office cubicle all day where few people see me. Is this some kind of passive-aggressive lashing out for having to do these public appearances?

wow did she like just come out the 70s or what Does she need someone to dress her now

She has no clue how bad she looks. She is about as classless as they come. I am sure the clothes are very expensive and the designer is ready to scream NO. Hair looks so so bad. There is one good thing she did not wear her puffy down jacket with the dress.
You are absolutely right. The hairstyle totally spoilt the ensemble for me.
Such unkempt looks are quite puzzling.

Last edited:
WOW, what is wrong with her??? Even I make a better effort and I work in an office cubicle all day where few people see me. Is this some kind of passive-aggressive lashing out for having to do these public appearances?

No, it's just a bad outfit. Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.

Let's throw out that dress, though, and put the man-bun away.

That top knot looks like the one those fancy long haired show dogs sport, a maltese I think. Not the first think I want to think of when I look at a princesses hair honestly.

I agree, how A woman dresses is no excuse to call her classless.

This is not a one time thing for her and how she conducts herself as a CP. The only time she makes an effort is at formal events. {Edit}

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't mind so much the outfit but the hair is just... odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom