Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 6: August 2012 - June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it, I lkie the color and the bow at the neck, even the boxy shape.
what I don't like is yet another jacket that is way too tight in the upper arms which you can't see that much in these pictures.

This suit makes Mette Marit look even bigger than she really is. It would have looked better without the bow. The colour isn't the best for her at all. And she should do something to her hair, it doesn't look good.

It is jusy all wrong it appears to be the exact copy of one of my mother's maternity suits when pregnant with me, honestly it's exactly the same.
Has she just crawled out of bed hasshe any makeup on at all it's all just too odd...IMO of course

The bow with the open hair just looks too messy. She should've pulled her hair back or up.
The colour doesn't suit her.

It is jusy all wrong it appears to be the exact copy of one of my mother's maternity suits when pregnant with me, honestly it's exactly the same.
Has she just crawled out of bed hasshe any makeup on at all it's all just too odd...IMO of course
Yes it does look like a 50s 60s maternity suit, that thought crossed my mind too, lol

This suit isn't bad at all but doesn't suit Mette Marit body type.
The colour is ugly and don't suit her.I don't like her hairdo too.
I don't know what happens to her lately,she doesn't seem to make any efforts in dressing.
She looked so stylish during the state visit in Asia.

I liked the style of the suit. The threaded bow made the suit look sloppy. Drab colour further aggravated the look.

I don't like the shoes and though I like the colour of the jacket and the all-black rest of the outfit, as whole there is something not good with it but I don't know what it is...

Not great but better than the last few efforts on her part IMO I like the blue colour on her though but as a jacket it is too short for her and makes her appear bigger than she probably is IMO

Much better. Pretty color blue jacket that fits, nicely curled and colored hair, skirt too tight and too thick black tights but better.

There are horror stories from the fashions of late 80s and early 90s but I really miss skirt suits with straight skirts and long line jackets. If you were slim, they could enhance your shape by being fitted; if you had "issues" then they worked well to disguise them.

These short to the waist jackets do no favour to anyone apart from stick-insect models. She looks cut in half and looks way bigger than she really is.

BRing back those suits!

Great to see her , but the jacket doesnt do her any favours , but like you all said before its the design

Last edited:
She use to combined these kind of jackets with skirts...I don't think it favors her at all...

The whole strippy skirt look was horrible as stand alone pieces maybe and those dreadful shoe things and the pink scarf OMG there are no words IMO....

Last edited:
This falls in the category of "What Was She Thinking?" Those toeless gladiator shooties just leaves me speechless, along with every other aspect of her outfit.

This falls in the category of "What Was She Thinking?" Those toeless gladiator shooties just leaves me speechless, along with every other aspect of her outfit.

Absolutely agree with you. Reminds me of outfits some of my preschoolers come to school in, on the days the parents let them dress themselves. Wowzahs :eek:.

The scarf could go butthe outfit itself is harmless IMO the shoes are a total nightmare on her IMO could someone throw them away!!!!!

I assume the scarf is there because of cold weather since it's so bulky. The suit is alright, but those shooties again make another unflattering appearance. And I dislike those thick opaque black tights. But my favorite fashion accessory is Haakon!;)

Last edited:
The shooties don't bother me because they are blending in with the tights and aren't that noticeable.

Not a great look, but not tragic like her last appearance.

I do wish the shooties would just go away forever.

Not in these pictures, but in other pictures she is busting out of the jacket, arms and back.
Time to buy some bigger sized jackets, all of the recent ones have been absolutly straining at the seams.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not usually a fan of her booties and dark tights, but it works with this outfit. That scarf looks horrible though.

I don't like the lapels on the jacket at all. The atrocity of the scarf goes without saying and the skirt is too bulging in the middle.

Um, other than that she looks great.....:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom