Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 5: August 2011 - August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that I still don't care for her look. Too much black with a wedge of white sandwiched in between.

Her grey and black outfit is very nice. I like the color combination on her.

It's an interesting combo, and this dark grey blouse seems very special.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit at the opening of a Red Cross Women's Centre in Oslo
today, March 12, 2012, wearing a pink dress and a grey jacket - looks fresh and
colourful, minus the shoes I like it:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

mmm really not sure on this out fit , like the jacket and the dress
but I dont like the whole out fit together .

Another miss! Nothing seems to go together.. a business suit jacket with a light weight dress, the light odd colored shoes, and those horrid black stockings again!! I'm not feeling this at all.

That is another mystery ... wonder what conversation she had with herself before she left home total YUK.

No to the jumble of clothing and opaque hosiery with pale shoes; I just like the color of the dress. Does she not have full-length mirrors at the palace?

I agree with the others, the dress itself is nice, but all the pieces together don't work.

That is a lovely dress in color. Pity she ruined it with that jacket, dark tights that look like leggings and those shoes.

Thank you for the pictures, iceflower! :flowers:
The dress is of a lovely colour, the jacket would have looked nice with grey or black pants. But they just don't work together. The completely mismatched shoes and the horrible tights didn't improve things either. On the other hand, just how glowing and happy does Mette-Marit look? :)

Last edited:
I will certainly agree with you on that, Artemisia! Her smile lights up the pics...

The pink dress looks nice but not with the jacket,stockings and shoes.

I'd say dressed in the dark if the dress wasnt that bright ...
Awful combination what could have been an easy winner.

the out fit isnt great but as someof you guys have written her smile lights up a room !

:)Holy moly looks like she lost her luggage and had to borrow clothing. Dress is v nice but not for this how about a nice white button down blouse with the gray jacket and some black pants....better safe than sorry

Each piece is nice separatly but awful together.The dress is great alone.
Of all the princesses around she has one of the best collection of shoes and this pair is no exeption.
Nice hair colour.Her make-up today is different and beautiful.

Her shoes are even worse in the close ups!! I cannot even fathom what she was thinking when she chose this pair.. yuck.

The shoes would have looked lovely with sheer tights, but not with those awful thick black ones. And with a proper dress, they could really the the focal point. But combined with the rest of the ensemble, the shoes are just horrible. A gold pair like that very rarely would look flattering with a bright pink, even if everything else were absolutely faultless.

Nevertheless, despite the unfortunate choice of outfit, I think Mette-Marit actually looked really lovely; she was just glowing! And a nice, genuine smile can make up for a lot of fashion mistakes.

:previous:Agreed; it's just another jumbled element in a hodge-podge look. I really don't like the shoes, but they would have been displayed nicely with sheerer hosiery. And gold does not combine well with pink, so another choice of shoes would have been better - not just for the color but also because they're too dressy for the overall outfit.

Last edited:
I think the shoes are ugly and I dont agree with MM having the best collection around, if so its a fashion victim collection not always suitable for MMs feet or the event she is attending.

Don't like the shoes at all and especially with this outfit.

The fuschia dress is very pretty but she should've wore a black jacket not grey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom