Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 4: August 2010 - August 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two nice outfits. I like the ruffle sleeve on the white dress.
The white jacket is really smart looking. I do prefer it buttoned up as opposed to being open - it just looks better.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit on the first school day of her youngest son Prince Sverre Magnus
at the Janslokka School in Asker today, August 18, wearing a casual outfit with jeans, blouse
and a big pullover. Looks like she's chosen some matching clothes with her children.

** Pic **

Crown Princess Mette-Marit on the first school day of her youngest son Prince Sverre Magnus
at the Janslokka School in Asker today, August 18, wearing a casual outfit with jeans, blouse
and a big pullover. Looks like she's chosen some matching clothes with her children.

** Pic **

Very casual and very appropriate IMO but the sleeves of the top and the pullover are ill-fitting from what I can see.

What's with the t-shirt and long sleeved combo?

It's not flattering!That's the kindest way to put it!

I don't mind it, she looks fine for bringing her son to school. It would have been pretty amazing if she showed up in a ball gown with her tiara, sash, and all of her medals on display. :ROFLMAO:

Also, her son looks just like her!! They both have the same facial expression, it's funny.

Last edited:
Love, love, love the jeans & white top. She looks like a fun wife & mom to me. Kind of hippy-chic. And the pics that show them both with no shoes on is priceless. I do love this couple.

What's with the t-shirt and long sleeved combo?

It's not flattering!That's the kindest way to put it!

Its been in fashion for quite sometime but MM does not wear it well as she mixed matched the piece in not a nice way, the top sleeves were also unflattering which didn't help the look.

dbarn67 said:
I love this top from the other day. Anyone know who this designer is?

http://i54.tinypic.com/1hdxyt.jpg

When MM gets it right it's simply stunning! Love this top!

Donovan said:
Not sure who the designer is, but here are some more pictures and an article about Mette-Marit. Apparently the picture is from an interview they were doing for their 10th wedding anniversary?

MYROYALS: TV PROGRAM ABOUT METTE MAR

Thank you for sharing this! How cute! Also a bit OT but Haakon looking super hot! :)

Last edited:
I don't like this suit on Mette Marit. The fit is not flattering. It's to severe and the black hose makes it even more severy. Plus the darkness of the suit highlights her bleach blonde tresses in a way that shows how unhealthy her hair is due to the chemical processes.

But, given that yesterday was the memorial service for the massacre at Utoya and Oslo, she may be right on point in wearing black. Don't want to seem callous by going from black to a summery color the very next day.

Last edited:
I like this suit but I think is too winterly for August.

It looks like the black pantyhose are back. :rolleyes:

The suit itself is lovely and fits well but with the dark black tights I think the overall look was ruined. I also think that MM could've gotten away easily with a nice soft printed top underneath instead of a black top unless thats a dress suit.

It's a nice suit but not for August! Her earrings are so beautiful!

Too black for my taste. I wish at least the tights weren´t black.

MM & Ingrid Alexandra arrive for the church service in celebration MM & Haakon's 10th wedding anniversary.

I love that they sort of match. Ingrid is so pretty.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2vci64m.jpg

The pleated skirt/dress is not bad at all but what a shame that MM matched it with an ill-fitting jacket that has no style nor cut to it. This is one event where I personally think she could've done much better of a job when getting ready.

The white outfit is nothing special.She could have done better for her special day.

I am beginning to detest nude pumps...!!! Grrr...nude pumps with a white outfit is not cool...how about bronze or gold or silver, something fancy to mark the occassion...the white outfit is fine but the bland shoes bring it down...

Crown Princess Mette-Marit on day 1 of the state visit of the President of the Republic of
South Africa, Dr Jacob Zuma in Oslo on August 31, wearing a white coat and a little feather
hat in black.

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 **

It is the first time I don't appreciate the pic.... I don't like lipstick on her !

Crown Princess Mette-Marit on day 1 of the state visit of the President of the Republic of
South Africa, Dr Jacob Zuma in Oslo on August 31, wearing a white coat and a little feather
hat in black.

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 **

The coat is ill-fitting and unflattering, it just seems too big for her or its supposed to be a boxy style. The hair parting with hair pulled back looks weird to me and doesn't suit MM. The lipstick is just all wrong IMO, seems too orange/red for her.

I dont mind the coat, not liking the headpiece but what happened with the make-up??? Did MM fall into a paintbox, whats with the clownish lipstick, very unlike her.

I'm in the minority, but I like it. Very elegant and something different with her makeup.

I like the outfit but Duke is right about the makeup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom