Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 1: March 2005 - March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love her white shirt, very fashion!
I think Mette sometimes wears sucht beautiful clothes and she has changed a lot since she became Crown Princess but sometimes I really think that the clothes she wears really doesn't fit her at all! I have contradictory feelings, very often, regarding Mette's style!!!

In that picture where she's wearing the gray suit, it looks like she dressed without a mirror. The shirt is rumpled, the jacket looks too tight....very unprofessional. If she wasn't a Crown Princess and just an average woman getting out of a car looking like that, you'd think she was making out with someone in the back seat.

ANP Beeldbank

I must admit I don't follow M-M very often, but she often seems to me to dress badly for her shape. The above suit is a perfect example.

The jacket is clearly too small, possibly several sizes and only succeeds n makiing her look fat, which she isn't. The skirts sequins look like a cheap applique tape which has just been sewn on and again it looks tight across the hips. As for the pink top underneath it looks so messy sticking out like that. Highly unprofessional.

I have looked at the photo a number of times. Not her best outfit. My question is what color of shoes is she wearing with it?

I think her style improved a lot since her marrige. She's still natural, but no more like that "H&M" girl.

I liked her style very much in most of 2006, but now she dresses matronly again. Not for her shape, not for her skin tone and SO not for her age. You wouldn't think she is what she is. (33, 34 ?)

MissSaga said:
I liked her style very much in most of 2006, but now she dresses matronly again. Not for her shape, not for her skin tone and SO not for her age. You wouldn't think she is what she is. (33, 34 ?)
I like MM's clothes and her stylle, but what i really love is her shoes!!! She has an amazing colletion!!
Love all them :wub:

maybe i´m not that fashion sense man..but concerning mette marits outfits i can only say...wow she looks stunning most of the time...
thanx for posting all the pix

i agree! we all have our bad dress days., but the majority of the time she looks good!

I think she looks good on more casual clothes!Love the Pink suit the colour gets along with her skin and hair very well!

Last edited by a moderator:
Larzen said:
Recyceling on national day

Pale pink coat/skirt/top first worn for coronation centennary concert 2006, visit to Germany 2006 and now national day 2007. I think she looked the best the first time she wore it and quite frumpy the last time:cool:

http://img126.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=99972_pink_122_747lo.jpg

I thought at such events new outfits should be/preffered to be worn. Personally think no recycled outfits to these events

Mette-Marit seems to get a lot of wear out of this jacket
June 5, 2007-Opening of "Melting Ice-A Hot Topic"
kongehuset.no - Kronprinsessen åpnet utstilling

August 26, 2006-Events for her & Haakon's fifth anniversary
http://ppe-agency.com/500px/Aug2006/06082706.jpg

October 10, 2006-World Mental Health Day
http://ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2006/06101024.jpg

And I think, but I'm not sure, that this might be the jacket again
October 17, 2006-Visit to Hamburg
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/72192243.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A6D57DA3D13DEACC5CC7631F868A8C7D54

This looks like the same coat

July 1, 2007-Christening of Princess Isabella of Denmark
ANP Beeldbank

May 10, 2007-Visiting the UN Memorial Cemetery in South Korea
ANP Beeldbank

And these shorts were also recycled, not sure about the top
July 1, 2007-Based on how casual they look, I'm guessing when they first got to Denmark
ANP Beeldbank

May 9, 2007-Visiting a grocery store in South Korea
ANP Beeldbank

July 1, 2007-Christening of Princess Isabella of Denmark
ANP Beeldbank

this is a nice coat, very simple, elegent & i find it casual but when she wore it to the christening i was :ohmy:.. i thought it didnt fit her well (sleeves looked tight) & too casual for the event

Mette Marit at a fashion show, in a black shirt dress. I like the look, fashionable, it suits her & i like the bag with the outfit. what do you think?
Picture 1
Picture 2
(pictures originally posted by iceflower)

Mette Marit at a fashion show, in a black shirt dress. I like the look, fashionable, it suits her & i like the bag with the outfit. what do you think?
Picture 1
Picture 2

my thoughts, dazzling! i think she looked extremely fashionable and modern, yet quite classic and not at all flashy. the dress and the bag are a good match! doesn't it look like something her friends into fashion, rosario nadal and marie chantal, would suggest? who may have designed her adorable dress? it's a shame we can't see what shoes she decided to use with the outfit.

who may have designed her adorable dress? it's a shame we can't see what shoes she decided to use with the outfit.

Not too sure about the designer, i dont think its from any big designer house. Might be a dress from the designer who she went to watch his/her show:)
Mette Marit has some great shoes in her collection, so im guessing it could be high heeled sandals:flowers:

I haven't been able to open any of the ANP Beeldbank pictures. Does anyone know, is this because I dont have a membership or am I doing something wrong. I could open the one from Isabella's christening - maybe its the way the link is posted?

Thanks for all the other pics tho!

Picture 1
Picture 2

Hello, it is the first time that I write here.

I think that Mette-Marit looks absolut fantastic, so stylish and young.
It would be nice if she would look like that more often.
And I really love the bag. Does anyone know the designer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom