Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 1: March 2005 - March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kwanfan said:
I'm pretty sure this jacket is the same as the one worn on the couple's anniversary this year.
Here on October 10, 2005-World Mental Health Day
http://ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=10-10-2006%20Oslo
Yes it is, she wore it for a 4th time at the arrival in Gemrany and it does nothing for her since she never buttons it properly

The white top she wore in Germany and Toronto is actually a black and white dress

coronation centennary
visit to Hamburg

Trondheim kommune/scanpix

Looking at MM's wardrobe, I find it to be intresting, maybe alot of dark colors (eg, black,grey,blue) but its suits her. Some have claimed that she's always in dark colors, looking back, she isnt. She has some great pieces and colorful. Its maybe when shes in the mood of color than shell go for it, but does exict it her closet. She does have a good sense of style and she does alot of mix and match which makes the outfit look nicer

Most of the time she's in dark colors. She does have clothes that are lighter colors, creams, pinks, tans...but you have to admit that she is in dark colors most of the time. I think she should wear light blue (baby blue) or pale pink. Not the barbie pink, the pale baby pink. These seem to be the most becoming colors on her...remember that pale blue dress she wore to, I'm not sure if it was Matha-Louise's wedding? She looked beautiful! And what about that pink suit she's wearing in Larzen's post? When she went to Germany...Just wonderful!

RachelD said:
Most of the time she's in dark colors. She does have clothes that are lighter colors, creams, pinks, tans...but you have to admit that she is in dark colors most of the time. I think she should wear light blue (baby blue) or pale pink. Not the barbie pink, the pale baby pink. These seem to be the most becoming colors on her...remember that pale blue dress she wore to, I'm not sure if it was Matha-Louise's wedding? She looked beautiful! And what about that pink suit she's wearing in Larzen's post? When she went to Germany...Just wonderful!

I did say she has alot of dark colors, but she does also try to throw in some color. I sometimes think, maybe she is not very confident in wearing color all the time. I do agree she should wear them abit more. I find almost all her evning wear to be colord, its just the day wear:)

I dont mind Royals recycling at all. I would think it is a good thing, maybe showing people that they dont have to always have something new. I always say, if they like it then keep it. Some cloths might be expensive, so why wear it once, make use out of it. Not to forget, that you can always mix things up, and itll look new. Evening gowns are not always worn, maybe 3 times a year, so whats they use of going for something new all the time. But i will admitt, that sometimes when Royals recycle alot, then i think its time to get something new. :ROFLMAO:

I prefer royals to represent in new outfits when it is about major events, like grand gala banquets.

Thanks Larzen:flowers:

I like when ladies for time to time recycles their clothes but not so often. Sometimes they should/can wear smth new.
MM need some new good clothes. And that's pity that this family has so small jewellery collection.

Last edited:
White suit

Aids conference in Toronto August 2006
Arrival in India October 2006

Scanpix and VG

Green silk Jacket from Miu Miu
The white dress is also worn before many times

Arrival Malawi 2005
Mumbai, India 2006

nettavisen

Last edited:

She looks really good in this green colour; I like her in intense 'jewel' like colours :)

UserDane said:

She looks really good in this green colour; I like her in intense 'jewel' like colours :)
Wow, definitely! I wish she would wear them more often!

With her pale blond looks, she can wear deep, rich colours. I think the pastels wash her out.

With her pale blond looks, she can wear deep, rich colours. I think the pastels wash her out.

I agree. I also think the green jacket looks much better buttoned up. As far as the constantly recylced evening dresses, wouldn't it be possible to have them altered so they don't quite look the same? Take Mette-Marit's pink evening gown. Just give it a deeper neckline and maybe cut the sleeves. Same dress, different look.

White and brown skirt

Cumulus conference in 2004
Aids Center, India 2006

nettavisen scanpix

Thanks Larzen for the pictures.

I think the pink chanel suit is so elegent. the green miu miu jacket is abit flashy but also very pretty also the white suit is great. pastale colors suit MM very much.

Beige suit from Prada
World Aids day 2006 (kjendis)
Red cross visit 2004, just the jacket (red cross)
3 wedding anniversary (brainpix)
World refugee day 2004 (vienna report)

Blue satin jacket
Visit to tsunami victims 2004 and Spanish state visit 2006 (rex, db)
coronation trip 2006 (uk press)
Mental health conference and opening of hospital exhibition dec 2006 vg

Navy top (its the same but it looks differnet when it is worn loose and in different light)
Gala for the Spanish royal couple may 2006 (VG)
Dinner hosted at skaugum dec 2006 (siste)

Last edited:
Last edited:
I think the grey suit would have looked better with just a camisole underneath than a blouse that sticks out of the bottom and a neckline that does not lay neatly.
The patterned skirt looks lovely and I think the 3/4 length sleeves are looking better as I look at more pictures.

contessa said:
I think the grey suit would have looked better with just a camisole underneath than a blouse that sticks out of the bottom and a neckline that does not lay neatly.
The patterned skirt looks lovely and I think the 3/4 length sleeves are looking better as I look at more pictures.

I think your right , a camisole would of been so much better under the jacket , becuase it just looks a little scruffy , but I love the style of the jacket and skirt .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom