Crown Princess Maxima's Fashion & Style Part 2: March - July 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Troonopvolgers!: Maxima's activiteiten op 12 juni.

In this link you can see a full length picture from the event with the black top (forgotten whether it was first or second)

Its not as bad as I thought it might be

Princess Maxima's outfits content the classical elements and the latest modern directions of Fashion in general.:) I appreciate her taste and choice!:flowers:

2 engagements and 2 outfits for Máxima today:

Maxima attended the project De Uitdaging
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jun2009/PPE09061216.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jun2009/PPE09061211.jpg

Maxima attended the restored Lange Voorhout in The Hague
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jun2009/PPE09061237.jpg

I like both outfits. I'm undecided about the headpiece at the second event. It suits the outfit, but not sure it suits Maxima. The shoes are excellent in both events. :)

I dislike the colour and the dress.It is too overelaborated for my taste

I dislike the colour and the dress.It is too overelaborated for my taste

I agree. I thought that this entire look was completely over the top. I liked the colour, but the hair, makeup, and dress were too much. Sometimes over the top can actually work with the right combination of things, but in this case.....:nonono:

Máxima this evening:

http://i43.tinypic.com/300xi0o.jpg
anp

omg....... that jacket ...

That was my first reaction. It's hideous, doesn't even suit her a tiny bit.
Would like to see the top though. I think it's a trouser set.
Didn't realise Maxima was that tall, unless she is wearing very high heels. :flowers:

Princess Maxima (18-06-2009)
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Sorry, I couldn't find the full view.

Thats a beautiful jacket, in contrast to this evening. :flowers:

she looks like a muppet from sesame street, pino as is Big Bird is called in Holland
In combination with Sesame Street's furry blue 'Cookie Monster'... and put on Marlene pants as stilts.
IMO, Princess Maxima's style has disintegrated badly over the last couple of years or so, but this is really the living end. Devoid of any taste whatsoever. Not an appropriate occasion to dress 'for fun' either, so the joke is on her.
Shame about the hairstyle, which for once looks good (a kind of 'Early Flapper' hairdo very similar the one worn by Letizia way back then, at the Danish CP wedding).
But with such a complete disaster of an outfit, who cares about the hair.

Oh dear. Not much else to say. She Is a large woman, but she does not need to dress to accentuate the fact.
I seem to remember CPMary with the same sort of hair-do at Pr. Charles' birthday party? Correct me if I am wrong...

I seem to remember CPMary with the same sort of hair-do at Pr. Charles' birthday party? Correct me if I am wrong...
That's true! Mary opted for an 'Early Twenties' overall look though, with dress and jewelry matching the hairstyle.
Which is not the case here, to put it very mildly.
Marlene Dietrich is turning in her grave because yet another woman who wasn't made for it is wearing her pants, and the Cookie Monster is missing his fur.

I really like her hair, makeup, and earrings. The rest of the outfit-not so much. I like the purple color, but the jacket is just too cartoonish. It doesn't flatter her at all, and creates a very wide silhouette that no woman wants.

I just hate purple!! RARELY do I see the color and like it. The only 2 things that redeem this to me is the hairstyle and tutti frutti bracelet. ( which does not match the earrings) I'm not getting this!

I hate this outfit :nonono: It looks very unflattering on Maxima. I like her hairdo, though.

What the devil is going with that fluffy thing?The colour is one thing the "style" is another love her hate the jacket.....

Cookie monster nothing. That does not do that horror justice at all.

As I said in another thread she looks like she's been attacked by a cross between a purple shag rug and a wooly mammoth.

And oh dear god, it just keeps getting worse! (Thanks to Athikavalentine for finding the ANP photo)

What, did she allow her pet monkey to put on her makeup? (Not that she has one, but that's the only thing I could think of.)

My husband says that she looks like a baboon and the only thing missing is the red butt..... I assume she could wear red pants and complete his image..... (I'm laughing so hard at the moment I am crying.)

Last edited:
:previous:

Purple Máxi Monster maybe? It looks like she's going to be swallowed up by the thing if she moves the wrong way...

Women are said to use clothes to express their emotions and inner feelings. I wonder what has been going on in Crown Princess Maxima's life that prompted her to make an odd choice such as the overwhelming fury jacket ... At the same time, I have to say that hairstyle was nice.

Oh dear. Not much else to say. She Is a large woman, but she does not need to dress to accentuate the fact.

Mary did not need her roots done, nor was she wearing a clown outfit. I just do not get Maxima, she is getting worse as time goes on. I have never understood her wearing gold or silver lame in the daytime which she seems to love to do. She is so over the top anymore and not getting it right at all.
This one just floors me about what in the world is she thinking. I am sure glad she is not the Queen! If I was a subject I would be mortified to see her representing my country like she looks tonight. The makeup alone is just totally overdone. Come on Maxima get some help!!! Quickly!!!!!!

Oh heavens above! I love purple and even I cant find something positive about that monstrosity!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom