Crown Princess Maxima's Daytime Fashion Part 4: December 2009 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maxima usually shuts it down for Big events like weddings etc. It seems to me that the day or more casual evening looks have really lost something in the last year.

I think that she dressed more thoughtfully during the first few years of her marriage. A bright, fresh elegance. Lately it seems that she has thrown caution (and her stylist?) to the winds and dresses (particularly in the daytime) to please herself and to hell with what anyone else thinks! Perhaps it reflects a kind of security in her role as wife and crown princess.. Which is good. But it certainly has been more "miss" than "hit" in the last few years. Much, much more. :sad:

I think that she dressed more thoughtfully during the first few years of her marriage. A bright, fresh elegance. Lately it seems that she has thrown caution (and her stylist?) to the winds and dresses (particularly in the daytime) to please herself and to hell with what anyone else thinks! Perhaps it reflects a kind of security in her role as wife and crown princess.. Which is good. But it certainly has been more "miss" than "hit" in the last few years. Much, much more. :sad:

I have read several times that in the first years the court was more involved with the wardrobe of the princesses. I believe princess Laurentien even commented on that in an interview.

I think you might be on to something here. Not to mention, that we get to a certain age (like I and Maxima are at now) and you are more okay with who you are and who you've become and you do take a few risks here and there. Now I'm not saying I like the last outfit, quite the contrary, I think it's hideous! As many on this forum know, I am not a fan of shiny fabrics, so there's one strike for me. Another strike would be the cut and design of the dress, it's frankly just awful. ;)

I agree, she has dressed quite elegantly for very formal occasions and looks terrific. It is day looks that for the most part, have been utter disasters.
I have to agree. She really needs to concentrate on flattering styles for her figure and to adopt a neat but casual hairstyle for day events.

I think it's actually easier to dress when you stick to what looks good on you. Keeping things classic but throwing in your own twist is always what I think looks best. When you look at women who have had great style, they seem to do just this. When Maxima does this she shines, and I miss this!

I love the top and pants. The top is unique and I love that Maxima wears bright colors. As for the shoes I think she can take some pointers from Mary and Mette-Merit.

Maxima attending the poppodium P60 today; wearing a very shiny fuchsia top with matching shoes and grey pants.

Full Length
Close-up Top

From a distnace the top color actually looks good with the pants dark color but up close it is way too bright but I like the detailing of the bow on the front.
I think a bit of longer tops would look better on Maxima.

Now this is a much better look for CP Maxima. I love that beautiful color on her. The outfit looked really good on her. The shoes were FABULOUS. I disliked the bow on the top, but overall I think she looked really beautiful. Big improvement from her last outfit we saw.

Typical Natan crap. A good color ruined by the choice of glossy, stiff fabric as usual, the short cut of the top is as unflattering for Maxima's figure as usual, the seam detailing badly made as usual, and she has no hairdo with split ends all over the place as usual.
The combo is not as bad as some of the other ugly Natan stuff, but unfortunately still bad enough.

The purple colour is lovely on Máxima, but...erm, shiny much? :sad: And will someone either get her a hairdresser or pin her down and chop it off!

Sometimes it seems purple others fucsia,may be the light?
Btw purple or fucsia,she is stunning.

Sometimes it seems purple others fucsia,may be the light?
Btw purple or fucsia,she is stunning.
Maybe not the light but the blinding fabric reflecting it?
Whether fuchsia or purple: Making clothes out of what looks like insulation fabric, obviously designer Natan's incurable disease, is a terrible idea to begin with. Maxima might be shining, but stunning she is definitely not, IMO.

The top/jacket with the bow looks really good. The trousers are nothing special and the pointy shoes, again, they look...old.

I agree with Zubiaur. I think Maxima needs some pretty fuchsia lipstick. She hardly ever wears lipstick, and I think that it would help make her look complete and polished in this outfit.

I agree with Boris about the purple outfit. Although the color was lovely IMO, the fabric was ... :nonono: And I do think that if she had added fuchsia lipstick she would have looked like a clown. She places emphasis on her eyes for daytime activities and that's fine.

Today's outfit is rather disappointing, JMO. I like the hat, which isn't matching with the rest of the outfit and I think this coat should have been worn with heels. Those ugly boots are out of place.

What is going on with these boots I totally agree they ruin the outfit and the brooch is a bit weird

I think Maxima looks ok. I like the hat, and her hair is neat and out of her face. I like the suede boots, but wish they didn't go over the knee - not my favorite look in boots. I think she looks respectable and nice. Not her best outfit, but still nice.

I think Maxima looks ok. I like the hat, and her hair is neat and out of her face. I like the suede boots, but wish they didn't go over the knee - not my favorite look in boots. I think she looks respectable and nice. Not her best outfit, but still nice.

I LOVE the Over-the-Knee Boots !!

March 16, 2010 - Maxima in a tweed long coat worn with pants. The coat isnt that bad at all. Dont like the shoes and not too keen on the color of the pants.

Full View ** Shoes
PPE

Dazzling you beat me within seconds.
Don't mind the coat, but don't like anything else.

Minus the boots, brooch and earings and matched with lovely heels this wouldve looked like a nice outfit.
I fully agree with you. The houndstooth coat (?) looked lovely. I wish Crown Princess Maxima chose better accessories.

This is a total disaster IMO. The coat looks huge and these are colours I totally dislike.

This is a total disaster IMO. The coat looks huge and these are colours I totally dislike.
I agree.I dislike the coat,pants and colours,unflattering imo:eek:
I dislike shoes with round point too and platform...

I don't think this is Maxima's best look. I agree with Noor that the coat looks huge, like there is no structure to it, it just looks like a big carpet hanging off her. She shoes look like something Letizia would wear. Her outfit is an interesting color....not sure what I think of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom