Crown Princess Mathilde's Eveningwear Part 3: June 2012 - July 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
Crown Princess Mathilde's Eveningwear

Part 3
The previous can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators

Crown Princess Mathilde lovely in blue at the first award ceremony of the 'Fondation Futur 21', in Waterloo today, June 19, 2012.

** Full view **

Great shade of blue and a lovely style of dress for the summer but I do not like her shoes with that dress.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, the shoes and the dress don't go well together. I adore the dress though, it's very beautiful and it looks very comfortable to wear.

Beautiful shades of blue! The dress is stunning but I don't like the shoes with it.

She Looks so Pretty , her Dress Modern Design and Chic and suits her well , Nice earing , Successful Choice for Princess Mathilde , Thanx for Posting iceflower :)

Crown Princess Mathilde at a special performance of the 'Stars Dance Gala' to celebrate the 60th anniversary
of the Royal Ballet School in Antwerp this evening, June 29 2012, wearing a great summer dress. Print and cut
are really nice!

** Full view **

Yes, this is a beautiful dress. Such a lovely pattern and the style looks great on her.

Last edited:
The cut is nice but I don't like the print.

Yet another Natan dress.
I actually like the hazy flower print and how it becomes less dense towards the top, but the skirt in its stiff bell shape gives Mathilde an elephant-sized bottom half of the body...
For his designs, I sometimes think that Natan does nothing but leaf through fashion magazines from the late 50s to early 60s to copy every cut, only to execute it with bad craftsmanship.

The silhouette trouble:
http://s17.postimage.org/8kehkwz6n/Newscom_zumaredwestphotostwo527964.jpg

Boris,
You are quite right. Given the photo you have posted, the execution is not good. Edouard Vermeulen could have made a better effort to tailor the bell/tulip skirt to favourably emphasise Crown Princess Mathilde's figure. I too like the print.

Last edited:
Yes, this photo gives a different perspective and while I still like the print, the shape is not the most flattering. I remember wearing that style back in the '60s. Ah, well, back to the drawing board!

The print is great for spring/summer but the cut is not flattering.

I am a really bad dressmaker but I know 2 rules

1. Dont have a seam down the front of a dress BUT if you do
2. Match the pattern

I can't believe this "designer" failed to match the pattern and I'm even more surprised she bought it.

I like the colors and patterns on this dress, but the belled skirt is really throwing me. The top of the dress is nice and fit of it is wonderful.

I am a really bad dressmaker but I know 2 rules

1. Dont have a seam down the front of a dress BUT if you do
2. Match the pattern

I can't believe this "designer" failed to match the pattern and I'm even more surprised she bought it.
You are so right. This has got to be the one of the worst dresses I've seen on these boards. It really does look like a home ec dress gone wrong. And, the top is too tight!
I do appreciate you placing blame on the maker and wearer!:bang:

Crown Princess Mathilde at a special performance of the 'Stars Dance Gala' to celebrate the 60th anniversary
of the Royal Ballet School in Antwerp this evening, June 29 2012, wearing a great summer dress. Print and cut
are really nice!

** Full view **

Like this dres very much. Very nice.

You are so right. This has got to be the one of the worst dresses I've seen on these boards. It really does look like a home ec dress gone wrong. And, the top is too tight!
I do appreciate you placing blame on the maker and wearer!:bang:

I think what has made me cross is that it is beautiful material but made IMO so that the front and back are each cut in one piece - that way you could appreciate it. What a waste

Colorless, ill-fitting and made in an uncomfortable-appearing fabric which reminds me of heavy brocade chair upholstery... in style, it could be a provincial cocktail dress from ca. 1954.
Along with an odd hairdo and rather too bright lipstick definitely not a 'great' look but rather a miss.

Yes, looks like she found it in a thrft shop and didn't have time to have it altered.

I think Mathilde looks very pretty today! She has a nice smile.

The back of the dress is good - looks well made and interesting but which apprentice did they let loose on the front? Why didn't the front replicate the "V" at the back and the same beading??

The material is blerg. And the hair defies comment. Everyone who complains about DoC hair should look at this as a penance!

Crown Princess Mathilde looking great in red at the London 2012 Olympic Games reception today, July 27:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

She looks stunning in that red dress!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom