Crown Princess Mathilde's Eveningwear Part 2: March 2010 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know the Gold/Brown dress, is it a top and a skirt?
Because this picture, shows her wearing trousers.

If you look at the last picture of the outfit you can see that, again, the bottom half - trousers.

If you look at the last picture of the outfit you can see that, again, the bottom half - trousers.

Yes, I also think it are trousers, at the first picture it looks like a dress but the last is more clear!

Those are definately trousers and they look too wide. The top part of the outfit is lovely.

I like the top part of the dress. The shoes are nice. I just don't like the hairdo.

The dress is lovely. Those earrings are gorgeous! I like her shoes too.

What a marvellous dress (beautiful velvety fabric combined with a good cut)-considering the overall impression, it reminds me of Mathilde's gorgeous, dark blue engagement party-dress and the floral top part looks similar to the one of that dark green dress which the Crown Princess has worn at the christmas concert in 2008.
Her shoes are interesting as well:flowers:.

What a great look! Mathilde can be utterly stunning and that's most of the time.

What a marvellous dress (beautiful velvety fabric combined with a good cut)-considering the overall impression, it reminds me of Mathilde's gorgeous, dark blue engagement party-dress and the floral top part looks similar to the one of that dark green dress which the Crown Princess has worn at the christmas concert in 2008.
Her shoes are interesting as well:flowers:.

It looks quite like the green dress she wore in 2008, especially the top part
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

At least this time it doesn't look like coloured tinfoil ;)

Mathilde's strapless red evening gown with sheer red wrap, worn in Sweden (as far as I can remember), Belgium (for the Luxembourg royals) and India, is horrible. I could see her legs through the dress and I expect royal ladies to cover up more than that! Yuk!

That black & white dress worn by Mathilde in Brazil is just awful on her. It is like something from the OP Art sixties only drunk as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Such was my association of the red dress posted by Stephanievl before my post. :)

Of course it was your association. Never implied it was not. I just cannot see a resemblance. Did you mean Mathilde looks like MM? Or, perhaps, did you mean the dress looks like the one MM would wear?

Of course it was your association. Never implied it was not. I just cannot see a resemblance. Did you mean Mathilde looks like MM? Or, perhaps, did you mean the dress looks like the one MM would wear?
Of course, I meant the enticing dress. :flowers:

It is a wonderful dress. She was fantastic.

Of course, I meant the enticing dress. :flowers:

Thank you for an explanation. In that case, I agree. It surely looks like something MM would wear. Not quite sure, if a resemblance between royalty and celebrity is a good thing though :ermm:.

But the dress itself is a beautiful one.

Princess Mathilde and Prince Philippe of Belgium arrive ahead of the yearly Christmas Concert, at the Royal Palace, Wednesday 15 December 2010
Pic 1 - Pic 2

I just love this dress :) It suits her so much.

:previous:here you can see an additional photo of the outfit's upper part: Belgian Royals Host Christmas Concert and Reception - Pictures - Zimbio
I really love the simple but nevertheless appealing viz. effective sequined vertical embellishment but I don't think that the dress' cut/division is optimal (the upper, glittering part should have been longer i.m.o., that is to say: reaching Mathilde's waistline) and it would have been quite nice if the Crown Princess had worn some of her authentic diamond jewelry in combination with this outfit...

Last edited:
Beautiful dress & a great color on Mathilde. She looked really nice in this color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom