Crown Princess Mathilde's Eveningwear Part 2: March 2010 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crown Princess Mathilde at the birthday party of Crown Princess Mary this weekend,
wearing a dress with matching shoes and bag and a little jacket - looks lovely:

** Full view **

Another very nice look.
Love the colour of the dress.

Crown Princess Mathilde at the birthday party of Crown Princess Mary this weekend,
wearing a dress with matching shoes and bag and a little jacket - looks lovely:

** Full view **

Nice One Princess Malthilda look Nice :flowers:

I love the color.She looks very elegant.

I like the dress color but I'm not crazy 'bout the style, shoes are great but I don't think that their style is appropriate for a royal lady.

Its a typical Mathilde style, nothing special going on. Im quite surprised by the choice of shoes she went for, they do have a platform which is very not Mathilde IMO.

The dress seems a few inches too short, IMO. But that has been discussed before with her short torso and lengthy legs, but it still bothers me!

Last edited:
I think as some posters had point out before, Mathilde's body is not very proportionate - she has short body and very long leg. Unless she custom made all her dresses, most of them will appears to be short.

I do like the taupe color dress coupled with the black jacket. It looks good.

Sorry I don't like the shoes though they match perfectly to the color of the dress.

The platform shoes are awful but the rest outfit is really elegant. Gorgeous legs!

Crown Princess Mathilde at the birthday party of Crown Princess Mary this weekend, wearing a dress with matching shoes and bag and a little jacket - looks lovely:
** Full view **
Here are two photos of CP Mathilde's evening outfit under better lighting conditions: Newscom - Multimedia for Websites and Publishers; Newscom - Multimedia for Websites and Publishers
Combined with that chocolate brown jacket and the marvellous diamond/rosy quartz earrings, her rather simple dress looks quite elegant i.m.o.. Nevertheless, its parted skirt featuring pleats on both sides could have done with a more beautiful neckline as an ally.

:previous: oops I thought the jacket was black. Actually I think chocolate brown looks even better with this taupe shade. :flowers:

:previous: oops I thought the jacket was black. Actually I think chocolate brown looks even better with this taupe shade. :flowers:

Same thought here; and her gorgeous legs are endless! I still don't care for the platform shoes, though, and I think the dress could have had a better neckline.

I think she looks great in this evening attire, don't mind the shoes a bit.

I agree. It is a simple yet very elegant look. The shade really does suit her.

Mathilde at an official dinner on March 12 during an economic mission to Vietnam, wearing a great cocktail dress
- cut and colour look wonderful on her:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Close up **

Mathilde at an official dinner on March 12 during an economic mission to Vietnam, wearing a great cocktail dress
- cut and colour look wonderful on her:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Close up **

The concept of the dress is nice but hasn't been done well. I also think that the the dress should've had less folds around the waist. Love the color, really pretty.

This is a beautiful dress! The only thing I'm not crazy about is the puffy type of hemline. The style and color is really flattering on her.

Stunning evening dress on CP Mathilde, cannot believe how well the color goes with her hair! Hemline a tad awkward, but overall amazing!

I agree; that sash-like material adds too much bulk to the top. It would have looked better with just the pleats on the bodice. But it's a beautiful style and that cinnamon/bronze color is very unusual and flattering. Love the sparkly little clutch.

Unusual dress but I actually like it.
With the right makeup and accessories a dress like that definitely has a chance to stand out in a very flattering way. Mathilde chose both makeup and accessories very carefully, so it's a winning look for me.

The color is great but I don't like the dress.I don't like the folds.

Crown Princess Mathilde at an official evening reception in Hanoi on March 13, wearing a nice dress
with iridescent shades of blue. Not a fan of the shoes, but the rest is lovely.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up ** Shoes **

Ive seen Mathilde I better, not really a fan of all this draping, the color bleeding seems messy. She can do better, IMO.

One thing I can say about mathilde, GORGEOUS!:)

Lovely dress in colors and style but the shoes don't match at all. The hair style could've been nicer, Id like Mathilde to go a bit darker, the hair color she is styling now makes her look older than she is.

Allow me to inform you of my humble opinion about CP Mathilde's "taupe" outfit: I found it just perfect including the plateau shoes, better than Hollywood, everything was right done, including the hairstyle: grand !!! IMHO.

She looks stunning! Those blues are gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom