Crown Princess Mathilde's Eveningwear Part 1: April 2004 - March 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the information!:flowers: Although it looks a bit awkward, it is acceptable to wear tights with open-toe shoes, peep-toe shoes, or sandals of a certain design (e.g., Louboutin's Etrier Patent sandals).
As for tights and pantyhose, I think it depends on where one lives. According to Longman Dictionary,
Tights is a piece of women's clothing made of very thin material that fits tightly over the feet and legs and goes up to the waist [= pantyhose American English]

archaic fashion rules based on what does or does not make a "real lady".....I just don't think apply to a 21st century society.
I agree, though all the etiquette's rules look archaic and, believe me, many people still follow them.

I think by saying only "true ladies" do something, you're denigrating the women who don't do those things. We're all ladies, even if we don't wear pantyhose. I don't wear it, regardless of the weather. I hate it. I don't really think there's one good answer to the question. Some women live in warm climates where pantyhose isn't necessary. Others live in very cold climates where it is. It's personal preference really, not a hard and fast rule. You're no less of a lady for not wearing it than you are for wearing it.

I don't think Al_bina or giov wanted to say that Mathilde is a true lady and other women who don't wear tights are vulgar. It's quite clear that the meaning was "true classy ladies" wear tights. You, and anyone else is free to wear whatever they like, but all etiquette books refer that elegant ladies wear tights at formal events. That's a golden rule in fashion.

I love the dress, very pretty on her.

I believe the yellow-beige dress is wonderful. It's Nathan, again, of course. I think that the bright yellow suits her, and the asymmetrical neckline works wonders to emphasize her face. An all yellow dress would have been over the top though. It would drag away the attention from her face, because yellow is such a dominant colour.

About the tights discussion: she probably wears them because she doesn't want blisters because of the heat. Of course there are better choices than shiny tights and open-toed shoes (regardless of the precise defenition of sandals), but she's probably just being practical.

I believe the yellow-beige dress is wonderful. It's Nathan, again, of course. I think that the bright yellow suits her, and the asymmetrical neckline works wonders to emphasize her face. An all yellow dress would have been over the top though. It would drag away the attention from her face, because yellow is such a dominant colour.

Well I completely agree. I seem to be surprising myself a lot lately, as the yellow would not normally be a colour I would like, even less on Mathilde.
mathilde has a great body and I love it when she wears something like this that shows it off, and less shiny tights would show her legs off better as they would look less like an extension of her dress (did that make sense?)

I don't think Al_bina or giov wanted to say that Mathilde is a true lady and other women who don't wear tights are vulgar. It's quite clear that the meaning was "true classy ladies" wear tights. You, and anyone else is free to wear whatever they like, but all etiquette books refer that elegant ladies wear tights at formal events. That's a golden rule in fashion.

I love the dress, very pretty on her.

agree...bye the way i think its about evening the skin tone too...often looks better with pantyhose..just depends on the color andthickness you choose...if they were worn in royal surounding only for weather protection letizia and rania and lalla salma would not wear most time...and mind that very thin nylon is not a very good insulation...just reminds me of ball season when girls i know complained that wearing tights made them feel more cold..and i think that nylon and open toe shoes is pretty open thing..celebs and royals often show that way...guess it should be free to choos and not an special etiquette...would not want to force someone to wear something he/she does not like...
nice Mathilde pics too...
by the way the blue dress seems bit wide aroundthe waist..does not charm her figure much (IMHO)...greetings
steve

I really have liked Mathilde's look this whole state visit. Even if some outfits weren't my favorite, she has really hit the princess mark IMO and I think she looks great. Better than alot of other state visits by the princess's this year!!

The back side of the dress is good, but I don't like the front side of it...and the colour looks good on her.

Crown Princess Mathilde looked nice as usual. I like seeing a simple sleek silhouette paired with a bright shade of the blue colour. Fashionable platform shoes were a nice addition to the overall ensemble.

The back of the dress is very blouson, which looks good on her. I don't care for the front either, it doesn't drape well on her frame. It looks like someone just flung blue fabric on her and sent her out.

The shoes are adorable, I would love a pair in black. She needs to wear opaque pantyhose, not pairs that are shiny or relflective. One, it makes her look ridiculous, two....a look like that is best suited for a little girl not a future Queen.

Also, she's breaking a major fashion rule, it appears. You don't mix yellow gold and silver jewelery. Either wear all gold or all silver/platinum/white gold.

The colour, back (of the dress), the shoes are all great (as has already been said). I dont like the front of the dress however. it just doesnt flatter her at all (come to think of it, it looks like it came from another decade), just compare with the previous night to see what I mean.

I love this dress. It looks like the color of candlelight. She looks very soft and elegant. The brooch is also really pretty.

I had never seen that dress before! Really lovely, also the hair!

Wasn't that a outfit for a national day or something.
I see she's pregnant. Don't like the hat looks like a saucer :)
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom