Crown Princess Mathilde's Eveningwear Part 1: April 2004 - March 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GlitteringTiaras said:
I would love to know who the designer is of this gown. I looked to see if it was a Valentino, Christian Lacroix, or an Armani, but to no avail.

Maybe its a custome made gown, something not featured on the designer's runways and not even on there couture line. maybe she wanted something not seen before, but yes id like to know who did the dress, it was stunning imo. it was a great choice

she is a very pretty woman and has a lot of chick and style, here gown from last night is very special

Probably many people think that her last Norwegiane light gown with these something was terrible or ugly. I think that it's becouse this light gown was much different from these gowns which she wore before. It wasn't so "classical" as f.ex. these from Mary and Fred's wedding or any other. But I like this new interesting and beautiful dress.

It reminds me Maxima's red gown...

Last edited:
It is stunning, imo. I love it! I wouldn't have picked the color for Mathilde, but it's gorgeous, and it has a delicacy that she needs.

I also agree that it reminds one of the dress CP Maxima wore to King Carl XVI Gustav's 60th birthday (which I also happened to love).

--Actually, It reminds me of Maxima's Swedish 60th birthday dress, combined with the hat the Duchess of Cornwall wore to her civil wedding ceremony- but I still like it!!---

that it one of the worst dresses i have seen any crown princess wear it is nearly as bad as the red dress maxima wore in sweden. actually it reminds me of the dress that penelope cruz wore at the oscars recently.
FAR TOO FUSSY AND OVER THE TOP!!

I'm sorry I'm lost...what's the occasion and who's the designer?

The photo is from King Harald's 70th birthday party late last month in Norway. Furthermore, I have yet to find out who the designed this fantastic gown.

The bottom of the gown looks to be distressed chiffon, but I could be wrong. I love this unusal gala gown on Mathilde, and I like the fact she stepped out of the box and took a chance.

WOW! She is looking better than she has in ages. She seems to have lost all of the baby weight that she had kept, and to top it all off, she is simply glowing. I can't say it enough, WOW! I hope that I look that good after 3 children!

GlitteringTiaras said:
The photo is from King Harald's 70th birthday party late last month in Norway. Furthermore, I have yet to find out who the designed this fantastic gown.

It's a Natan gown.

Hannelore said:
GlitteringTiaras said:
quote]

It's a Natan gown.

Have you a catwalk photo of the dress?

She was the best dressed lady of the night at Willem-Alexander's birthday party. The jewels suited the dress perfectly too.:flowers:

Last edited:
I love that dress. It is so pretty on Mathilde. The entire look (her hair, jewelry) is beautiful.

Mathilde always dresses perfectly. Never tacky, never vulgar, always chique and not at all frumpy.

Mathilde always dresses perfectly. Never tacky, never vulgar, always chique and not at all frumpy.

I agree, for me Mathilde is the best dresser as she has been able to maintain a very high level for a long time now. Unfortunately, she is very often overlooked as neither she nor the Belgian monarchy are as "spectacular" as other monarchies or CPs in terms of media attraction. I hope this is going to change and that she will get more appreciation for her appearance in the future and the fact that she was best dressed royal (no 7) in the recent Vanity Fair ranking was only the first step.

I love the way she kept her hair simple, it balances the skirt very nicely (the length of which I think is just perfect by the way).

Yes it was. She wore it in May 2004, to one of the pre-wedding eveving events. Letizia & Felipe's I think.
I dont remember seeing it since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom