Crown Princess Mathilde's Eveningwear Part 1: April 2004 - March 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about Mathilde is that she's so sophisticated she can get away with almost anything, to me she's by far the most elegant amongst the Crown Princesses...

a purple winter gala outfit trimmed with brown fur at the wedding of prince Alexander of Liechtenstein and Astrid Kohl. (point de vue)

Mathilde's Armani gown at the 60th birthday festivities for king Carl Gustav in Sweden. I loooove this one, it's (at last) something apropriate for her age (and quite sexy :)) (UK Press)

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I dont believe so. I really like it!! Its Armani.

i think its new evening dress not same dress its her decide because she is Crown Princess

Josefine said:
has she worn this dress before
no! but its new evening dress its wores at King's birthday but she not wores many dress anyone that she attended

I really like that dress. I thought the Duchess looked fantastic!

Thank you, Hannelore, for the photos, above. I especially appreciate seeing the one that I think was taken by Prince Radu -- can't remember his name -- but I was unable to download the whole picture at one time and was only able to see parts of it. I enjoy being able to see the whole scene!

my alltime favourite dress from CP Mathilde is the dark green dress with fur she wore in shangai. I would like to have a dress like that too.

Princess Mathilde has wonderful gala outfits!!!Every gala dresses is more beautiful then the last!!!

The white and pink/gold lace gowns are one of the most beautiful gowns I've seen. The blue gown complements Mathilde hair color and complexion, she looks stunning.

New gown from Natan for the Dutch state visit to Belgium, May 2006

(gamma, UK press, Seeger)

Last edited:
I love the ringlets on Mathide. They gave her a fun and youthful appeal. Can't say the same on her dress. The style just isn't flattering and the colour is so bland.

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
New gown from Natan for the Dutch state visit to Belgium, May 2006

(gamma, UK press, Seeger)

As usual I loved Mathilde's gown (she rarely disappoints). She looked as elegant as always. Compared to Mathelide's gown, Maxima's gown looked rather tacky IMO. The top of Maxima's gown was TOO MUCH. Then I rarely like any of Maxima's gowns or her clothes in general. IMO Maxima personality certainly shines and is a huge asset, but Mathilde's "born to the manor" sense of style and the aura she possesses, outshines Maxima or any of the other CP's.

BTW, I noticed in an enlarged picture in Royalty of Majesty magazines (my only way to see pictures of royalty other than this forum) that in the group picture taken at Carl Gustav's birthday of the princesses and princes that Mathilde's gown has a small tear at the bottom. You can only see it when she is seated and the pictured is enlarged. In the copy of that picture on this thread, the tear is not visible because the bottom is cut off. In the second picture that Catherine Bergeyck posted, you can see the gray showing where the tear is if you look closely (bottom left). I'm sure Mathilde felt as badly as anyone of us would if something like that happened to our gown. Of course, I wear gowns like that all the time. Ha, ha, ha. Seriously though, if I were going to become a CP, I would chose Mathilde to be my mentor.

BTW, does Mathilde have only the one tiara? The tiara is certainly very regal. Personally, I would like to see her in one sometime that is softer and, perhaps, younger looking. Does the BRF not have as many tiara's as some of the other royal families?

Just want to add a thanks to all those who take the time to post pictures for those of us who have no other way of seeing pictures of royalty. Most of the time I feel like a voyeur because I can't contribute any myself. So, thanks for the pleasure you give me--take a bow. You deserve one IMO.

Cathérine Bergeyck said:

Perhaps, not the fanciest gown I have seen Mathilde wear, but I still thinks she looks wonderful. The clean, simple lines of the dress are elegant. I love black and white. You can't miss with that color combination if one has the right coloring. Oh, how I wish I could wear that combination, but, alas, no.

mathilde does have some great gala dresses and they a very different from one and other thats good i think

I would like to see the evening gown in post #110, posted by Cathérine Bergeyckto have the ruffle removed. I think an alteration consisting of that exact removal would look so much better :flowers:

CASCADIA said:
Perhaps, not the fanciest gown I have seen Mathilde wear, but I still thinks she looks wonderful. The clean, simple lines of the dress are elegant. I love black and white. You can't miss with that color combination if one has the right coloring. Oh, how I wish I could wear that combination, but, alas, no.

For me this outfit is :idea: very beautiful copy of Grace Kelly dress form Rear Window.

I agree. She looks stunning in that dress.

I would love to know who the designer is of this gown. I looked to see if it was a Valentino, Christian Lacroix, or an Armani, but to no avail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom