Crown Princess Mathilde's Daytime Fashion, Part 5: June 2012 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very matronly IMO the colour is bland on her and the hat is horrid IMO I agree the the fabric is totally unflattering

princess Mathilde this time surprised me , she always know how to choose good outfits , but this time very unsuccessful choice .

bertie5252003 said:
Very matronly IMO the colour is bland on her and the hat is horrid IMO I agree the the fabric is totally unflattering

I have to agree here. What a disaster.

Crown Princess Mathilde's ensemble is not flattering at all. The colour is drab. The bottom of the dress ridged unnaturally. The shell-shaped headpiece is further aggravated the look.

Unflattering and ill fitted dress with a cabbage leaf for a hat. Not a good look.

The material appears to be raw silk.

Last edited:
What an ill-fitting outfit on such a beautiful princess.
I can't understand the benelux royal ladie's love for Nathan:whistling:
Even the slimmest women look fat in his boxy outfits.
I am happy that Stephanie didn't opt for him for her different wedding outfits

Yes... one could actually have turned it into something beautiful. ;)
That is true. It takes really good tailor's cutters and seamstresses to crystallise a designer's sketch. Given the final product, one might assume that the House of Natan has not got any professionals able to do an adequate job.

Last edited:
What an ill-fitting outfit on such a beautiful princess.
I can't understand the benelux royal ladie's love for Nathan:whistling:
Even the slimmest women look fat in his boxy outfits.
I am happy that Stephanie didn't opt for him for her different wedding outfits

Why the constant need to use the term "fat" in so many posts?

Mathilde at the wedding:

Full View Upper Part Clutch

I think the dress is awful! The fabric is not flattering at all. I do like the brooch and clutch.

The brooch is beautiful and the clutch is too. But that's it. Look at the hem! It looks like it was hemmed five minutes beforehand!

I'm afraid that this abysmal seam says all there is to say about the extent of quality and craftsmanship in a Edouard Vermeulen / Natan design:

http://s7.postimage.org/d10lyfwuj/Screenshot_1.jpg

WHY do Mathilde and Maxima use this designer? Does anyone get it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathilde at the wedding:

Full View Upper Part Clutch

I think the dress is awful! The fabric is not flattering at all. I do like the brooch and clutch.

What happened to the gorgeous lady from the night before? This is something I would burn, fast.
The brooch is beautiful, but not with that dress, the colours clash really bad.

Why the constant need to use the term "fat" in so many posts?

English isn't my mother tongue and I am not fluent in it .If this forum was in french I will have a wide range of words to avoid this word who may sound rude.
I didn't actually say anyone was fat but "makes them look fat".I was just pointing to the fact that some cuts are not flattering even on the slimmest persons.
Actually when someone has overweight or is skinny I try to use"not flattering for her body type"

I'm afraid that this abysmal seam says all there is to say about the extent of quality and craftsmanship in a Edouard Vermeulen / Natan design:

http://s7.postimage.org/d10lyfwuj/Screenshot_1.jpg

Boris: I noticed that seam, too. I really don't understand why these lovely ladies ever wear Natan designs. Whenever I see one of these ladies in something that seems odd, doesn't fit properly or looks as though the seams were never pressed, it is almost always by Natan. What is the appeal of Natan?

A truly lovely shade bordering in between cinnamon and mink.but the outfit is really awful. Very badly made, a bad fit and the fabric is just too stiff. In fact she almost looks uncomfortable. The collar has potential and could be elegant if utilised properly on an evening dress. The hat resembling an upside down bowl on her head is also a completely wrong choice. Unfortunately not a good look this time for Princess Mathilde.

A very simple look but Princess Mathilde looks absolutely lovely. The style of the dress really suits her whilst the accessories work perfectly. Thank you Iceflower for these photographs.

I agree, very elegant outfit for her. I also like her hair and earrings.

Mathilde visiting the "Maison Intergénérationnelle d'Outremeuse" in Luik today, looking good in a nice two-part dress - a look made for her:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

Not sure if I like the dress.
Then again, it may be that I'm biased; it looks exactly like the uniforms we wore at my school (only in dark blue).

Mathilde in wine red in Leuven today, October 26, 2012 - I'm not the biggest fan of that leather jacket, but the combination is okay:

** Full view ** Upper part **

The shade of the red dress looks lovely. Im no fan of leather jackets but the whole look looks good. I wish she would style her hair a bit differently for daytime events.

It's a fantastic colour on her. I think she work the jacket on her last visit to China earlier this year

good look, like the shoes with the jacket even though I am not a fan of leather jackets either, it all works, she is one of the few princesses who looks elegant in short skirts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom