Crown Princess Mathilde's Daytime Fashion, Part 5: June 2012 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crown Princess Mathilde at the company 'Cafe Liegeois' in Battice on October 5, wearing a dress with stripes and a cardigan - nice autumn colours for her!

** Full view ** Upper part **

Though the fabric seems pretty, silk taffeta, I find the colors and horizontal stripes particulatly ugly

The print awful! Not a fan of those colors together.

Not a good look; the print is horrid.

I am not liking this dress at all. Horizontal stripes are difficult to carry off.

Agree with you, horizontal stripes not look good on most people; the same, I don't like the colours......:ohmy::ohmy:

The colors are not bad, nice for the season Imo. The print is unflattering and the fabric of the dress seems to be better worn for an evening event.

Mathilde at the polling station during the Belgian municipal and provincial elections in Brussels today, October 14,
wearing grey pants and a jacket with leather sleeves. I think I would have preferred the jacket with sleeves of
the same fabric as at the front part.

** Pic **

Ouch, that is one ugly jacket. I like her hair though and the earrings.

The jacket is awkward. I liked the pattern, but leather sleeves were too much.

Prinsessan said:
Ouch, that is one ugly jacket. I like her hair though and the earrings.

That is a very ghastly jacket. Doesn't go with the look at all.

really terrible, also funny though, the jacket looks like something out of the hanna-barbera cartoon the Jetsons

I don't think the polling station is exactly a fashion event. No need to pull Elie Saab or Valentino out of the closet to go cast your vote.

Hideous jacket! The pattern and the sleeves are awful!

It either should've been all leather or all fabric, the combo doesn't work and its not flattering.

Mathilde at the polling station during the Belgian municipal and provincial elections in Brussels today, October 14,
wearing grey pants and a jacket with leather sleeves. I think I would have preferred the jacket with sleeves of

** Pic **

Except the sleeves I like this jacket on Mathilde. Something else then we are used from her.

The jacket is sheer idiocy in terms of design.
These fabrics, structures, pattern and cut should never have been mixed together... and on top of everything else, it does not even fit.
It's remarkable for showing how many things can go wrong in one single piece of clothing.

I agree, too much going on. The snake print is awful, especially with orange.

I agree about the shoes. I like the outfit on it's own.

I think she looks great-fresh and chic!! I personally hate snakes but love snake print :)

October 15, 2012 - Arrival in Turkey.
Too much snake print going on, she could've done with plain heels.

Full view ** Close up ** Shoes

Love the top part and the shoes.
Don't like the skirt.

** Pic **

Full vieuw

Last edited by a moderator:
small mercies :)
I like the idea of the outfit, the jacket, with the lining of the top and the shape of the skirt but am not a fan of snakeskin faux leather. Material with a pattern of snakeskin is if possible even more repulsive.

This is a bit much, and the snake skin shoes put it over the top.
PHP:
 I'm glad that the skirt is plain white though

I like the dress and the shoes, but the orange jacket with the snake-skin ribbon is just too much, IMO.

October 16, 2012 - Mathilde in an orange and navy dress matched with orange suede heels and an orange clutch.

Its a very flattering dress, great colors but I'm undecided about the print. I think this is a DVF dress but could be wrong.

Full view ** Close up 1 ** Close up 2

I think the print is awful even though the colors are nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom