Crown Princess Mathilde's Daytime Fashion: December 2009 - July 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo, it's a bit too small for her, it can be observed in the creases that the dress has, and when she sits.

It's a lovely, fresh and contemporary outfit IMO. The dress is beautiful!

The outfit looks nice on Mathilde. The colorful pattern is pretty.

The outfit is not so bad, just a little school-teacherish.

I would recommend not having the purse match so closely to the shoes and jacket. Otherwise, the outfit appears to be too contrived and like a uniform. I appreciate the use of a vibrant color and pattern. It makes the outfit feel fresh.

I don't know if I can say a funeral outfit looks nice.
Well it looks appropriate, elegant and chic.

With this photos is difficult to say, but the outfit looks nice.

Edit: after seeing other photos of the funeral, Mathilde was the only one wearing the mantilla, imo it was a nice touch.

Very traditional approach to a mourning outfit. I wish I could see the jacket better. It looks like the lapels have a shinny-silk facing to them, which would give the outfit a tuxedo look, but I can't really tell for sure by just these photographs.

Thanks for the differing view. I can see it much better now, almost a Chanel type of jacket with a mandarin collar. Very nice.

I would be interested in seeing women bring in a little variety of colour with mourning attire. I see men wear dark greys and navy blues, which come off as somber and approriate. I think women could also go this direction too in the future.

I don't know if I can say a funeral outfit looks nice.
Well it looks appropriate, elegant and chic.

I can't agree more with you!
Just I can add that I'm pleased to see her finally with an sufficiently long skirt, and not too short as she uses to wear skirts.

This suit looks appropriate and decent IMO. Very interesting point of view, Donna Mia.

Thank you MAfan and NoorMeansLight for the compliment! :)

I'm always interested in seeing what royal fashion could be like for the 21st century. How does a royal stay regal and in good taste, but also remain a bit hip, fresh and of the times- not simply being passe', in order to be conservative or appropriate.

I can't really say if a funeral outfit is nice or not. One usually doesn't get all fashioned up for a funeral, but the outfit does look okay. But what else can I say. It's hard to judge mourning outfits.

I rather like this type of head covering for a funeral as opposed to wearing a hat.

Joining the above opinions, Crown Princess Mathilde looked appropriate. Airy lace of the mantilla brought out her delicate features.

Interesting appraoch on this one. On the one hand, I think the denim jacket is trying to be relatable with the children. On the other hand, when one sees the denim jacket in this environment, with men wear suits, it look very out of place.

What is curious are the pants...are they of a shinny satin material? I can't tell for sure?

Although it looks too casual, I quite like it. I don't see anything ugly or unflattering here. JMO

I don't like it. The denim jacket does nothing for her, IMO.

If I don't mistake, she had already worn something similar, if not the very same outfit, some time ago.

The outfit per se fitted Crown Princess Mathilde well. However, it is not a proper choice for the engagement.

I agree. It just feels out of place in this environment.

No, I don't think the outfit looks that bad either, I'm rather interested in the satin pants and snake-skin pursue (or it seems in this photo). It is just against the men in business suits, the outfit looks out of place in this particular environment. But I think the princesses' logic was on target- to look more youthful and a little "rock starish" for the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom