Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 9: January 2012 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares about two actresses wearing the same dress... SO silly to think that Mary would know that! She looks elegant and I like her hair. I love her earrings!

She looks so beautiful! I love her hairstyle. I can see she is wearing her stunning wedding earrings!

I really love it on her or as much as I cam see the nude colour against her shoulders is very flattering IMO and I agreeILoveCP the gorg wedding earrings

There are 2 full view pictures in this gallery
Kendte ankommer til Reumert-festen | www.b.dk

I am not sure about the lace dress on Mary. Yes, she looks good, but what spoils it for me are the two different beige tones within the dress. The very light beige on the top & around the hips and then the darker beige on the bottom. It makes the dress too busy for me and accentuates the wrong areas.

I love Mary's hair & earrings.

I do love the lace dress...I like lace dresses, and it is very suitable for the ocassion very chic!

Mary looked great, this is such a pretty yet elegant dress. I like the combination of the two different tones of beige against the black lace, its quite different. The off the shoulders is something that Mary can pull off. Hair is lovely, simple which works and lovely fresh make up.

I never tire of seeing her in lace. Just gorgeous.

And has no one else noticed that the lace applique is distinct on each? The conceptual design is the same, but the pattern itself is indavidualised which means that no one else wears the exact same dress.

Last edited:
Saab needs be visible in international press and rather unknown princess from small European country won't give it to him.
So, the CP of Denmark is too unknown to be 'allowed' to buy one - or what do you mean???
(Perhaps CP Victoria had better return her Saab dresses :p)

Last edited:
I Saab needs be visible in international press and rather unknown princess from small European country won't give it to him.
What do you mean? That Elie Saab would not accept to sell a dress to the young, pretty and elegant future Queen of Denmark, because she might be less known than .... Ivana Trump or Madonna???:bang:

Beautiful dress on a beautiful lady. She wears it really well, great look for her. She wears it better than Nicole Kidman, but Rachel is still the winner.

On the Elie Saab discussion: his dresses are extremely valuable. Each dress costs a fortune.

On the Elie Saab discussion: his dresses are extremely valuable. Each dress costs a fortune.

Hollywood stars "borrow" these dresses for special occasions, like Oscars, etc.
I was always wondering if Princesses do so for official ceremonies, or weddings etc. Or might not be acceptable for a Princess to borrow a dress.

That's a good question. Kate doesn't borrow them, I believe.

That's a good question. Kate doesn't borrow them, I believe.

No she doesn't. But Kate did not wear many evening gowns up to now. When she will be Princess of Wales and represents her country in many white tie events she will need more.

I don't see why anyone would borrow a dress when they could buy it. Imagine what it would be like when they returned the borrowed dress, the public would go mad to buy anything any Crown Princess wore.

Victoria wore Saab the night before her wedding I think, that beautiful one shoulder gown. If Victoria can, Mary can.

Royals are not borrow dresses, they're buying them and wear more than one time. Celebrities can't wear the same gown for Oscars, GG or Baftas.
Before the wedding Victoria bought few Saab's creations, I think that her stylist has good contacts with designers. Anja - not so much.

I love this dress and think it looks better on a white-skinned brunette than on a blonde (too anaemic). :)

Victoria wore Saab the night before her wedding I think, that beautiful one shoulder gown. If Victoria can, Mary can.
I think Mary has a tendency to understatement whereas Elie Saab has a tendency to go over the top (e.g. Victoria's pre-wedding dress). I don't think it's a question of "Can she?" but "Does she want to wear Saab?". As I see it ES is not really Mary's cup of tea.

agami.pearl
Before the wedding Victoria bought few Saab's creations, I think that her stylist has good contacts with designers. Anja - not so much.
What makes you think that? Anja is a professional stylist with many customers, besides Mary. To have good contacts with designers is part of her job.

Last edited:
What do you mean? That Elie Saab would not accept to sell a dress to the young, pretty and elegant future Queen of Denmark, because she might be less known than .... Ivana Trump or Madonna???:bang:

I don't think so, if he was given the chance, he would be pleased to do. Mary is a beautiful princess knowen in the fashion circles, but I think she prefers more to promote danish desingners. Elie Saab sells his dresses to some wealthy unknowen commoners, so to a princess like Mary, it would a jackpot for him if she wears someday one of his dresses:D

The dress is beautiful for me, I like the lace/beige combinaison, I just dont like the sleeves, it they were made in the same sense of combinaison of both materials and colors like the rest of dress it would be perfect imo. I love her earrings aslo.

Elie Saab has the 'unofficial patronage' of Queen Rania Al Abdullah who has worn the said label frequently. And with great success too, I might add.

Last edited:
So, the CP of Denmark is too unknown to be 'allowed' to buy one - or what do you mean???
(Perhaps CP Victoria had better return her Saab dresses :p)
She's too un-known to make good PR for Saab's designs. He needs money (provided by such clients like GD Maria-Teresa or Ivana Trump) or being in media (celebrities, Queen Rania or Madonna). Sorry but Mary is not that popular to be on his 'radar' IMO.

I love this dress and think it looks better on a white-skinned brunette than on a blonde (too anaemic). :)

I think Mary has a tendency to understatement whereas Elie Saab has a tendency to go over the top (e.g. Victoria's pre-wedding dress). I don't think it's a question of "Can she?" but "Does she want to wear Saab?". As I see it ES is not really Mary's cup of tea.

What makes you think that? Anja is a professional stylist with many customers, besides Mary. To have good contacts with designers is part of her job.
You can regard Saab's designs as over-the top,for me he's one of the best couturier and women wearing his clothes looks marvelous. Indeed maybe Mary (or her stylist) has simpler style. Honesty I cannot imagine her in one of his gown.
Anja has tendency to put Prada, Hugo Boss and Louboutin on Mary. She's always using clothes available in stores not directly from the runways (except Danish designers). I don't remember Mary in custom-made gown from Armani, Dior or others. Victoria (and lately Kate) have better connection and can count for something special from designers.

I don't think so, if he was given the chance, he would be pleased to do. Mary is a beautiful princess knowen in the fashion circles, but I think she prefers more to promote danish desingners. Elie Saab sells his dresses to some wealthy unknowen commoners, so to a princess like Mary, it would a jackpot for him if she wears someday one of his dresses:D

The dress is beautiful for me, I like the lace/beige combinaison, I just dont like the sleeves, it they were made in the same sense of combinaison of both materials and colors like the rest of dress it would be perfect imo. I love her earrings aslo.
Since when Prada or Louboutin are Danish designers? Mary is not wearing as that much clothes made by Danes.

Elie Saab has the 'unofficial patronage' of Queen Rania Al Abdullah who has worn the said label frequently. And with great success too, I might add.
Yes, Rania wears (and supports) Saab since years, before he became world-known designer. But Rania unlike Mary is well-know royal around the world due to her actions and patronages.

I love this dress. She looks so beautiful.

But I agree with whoever said that they would prefer a one-tone beige.

Since when Prada or Louboutin are Danish designers? Mary is not wearing as that much clothes made by Danes.

I said nowhere that Mary wears exclusively Danish designers!!!:whistling:...Yes she wears Prada, Louboutin or whatever...but for her evening gowns, she wears most the time dresses from Danish designers because she support them and attends their fashion shows...Personally, I wouldnot know anything about Danish designers if Mary didn't wear their gowns on all major events she attended.

You can regard Saab's designs as over-the top,for me he's one of the best couturier and women wearing his clothes looks marvelous. Indeed maybe Mary (or her stylist) has simpler style. Honesty I cannot imagine her in one of his gown.
Anja has tendency to put Prada, Hugo Boss and Louboutin on Mary. She's always using clothes available in stores not directly from the runways (except Danish designers). I don't remember Mary in custom-made gown from Armani, Dior or others. Victoria (and lately Kate) have better connection and can count for something special from designers.

Always so nice and positive towards Mary..;)

Mary doesn't strike me as a woman who would allowe anyone to put anything she doesn't like on her, like a puppet without opinions...
Anja is just a stylist and Mary is the one who decides what she want's to wear. Prada, Danish design or whatever.

If Mary wants to wear clothes available in stores, she does, and if she wanted to wear Elie Saab or custom-made from Armani, Dior and such, she would.

Last edited:
At the beginning Mary hadn't interesting style style, she wore comfortable, sporty clothes, almost no-make up. Anja changed her completely and yes, she has a power to persuade her to wore this or this. Some (not the best) outfits show it perfectly. Sometimes Anja's influence is too big IMO.

Thank you for posting! She really looks fantastic!

Oh, no, no, no. Why a dress designer would think of putting a definite line separating a woman's abdomen is beyond me! Mary's stomach would have to be 100% flat to make this look remotely good.

I don't love this dress. I think you need a tan to wear it. IMO of course. But Mary looks beautiful. I always loved those earrings!

CP Mary looks beautiful and I think that CP Frederik and the Danes can be proud of her :)

If I compare which woman looks better in this dress I definitely say: CP Mary. Nicole Kidman looks awful possibly because of the color of her skin and bright hair.

I love the lace dress on Mary. She looks very elegant in it. The beige tones provide good contrast with the black overlay. I like her coat as well.

At the beginning Mary hadn't interesting style style, she wore comfortable, sporty clothes, almost no-make up. Anja changed her completely and yes, she has a power to persuade her to wore this or this. Some (not the best) outfits show it perfectly. Sometimes Anja's influence is too big IMO.
Unless you took part in the meetings between Anja and Mary - which I don't think you did - you have no way of knowing how big Anja's influence is/was and how much Mary decides herself and which outfit was chosen by whom. Mary was a private person and then became a public "representative" person. And she was intelligent enough to ask a professional stylist for assistance.

And if Mary wanted to wear Elie Saab she would wear Elie Saab (but obviously she doesn't). And if she asked for something special she would get something special. We are talking of paying customers, not of payed models. The paying customer is always "king", no matter how well known or rich he/she is. Or how good or bad she looks in Elie Saab's dresses. And how much PR value she therefore has.

Last edited:
Princess Mary Look So Elegant & Chic I Like Her Dress Very Much , I Like The Boat Pic , Thank you for Posting All

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom