Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 9: January 2012 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The silhouette of the dress is flattering and perfect for her figure.The colour is not bright or extravagant but very understated and elegant,I like the look.

:previous: I don't ;) it's a perfectly respectable evening dress and was already worn to an official function. Are you suggesting my dear ricarda that it's respectable enough to have worn it in the company of HM Queen Elizabeth's state representative, HE the Governor of NSW, but that it wouldn't have been respectable enough to have worn it in the equated company of TRH the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall?

Not that it really matters, of course. It wasn't worn and that's that.
I didn't mean it's not respectable.
But it is a WOW dress, a perfect dress for the person taking center stage (as Mary did in Australia, she was the honoured guest then).
Yesterday evening Camilla&Charles were the honoured guests.

Although brown is not my favourite colour I think Mary - as usual - chose a very appropriate outfit (and the brown actually goes well with Camilla's blue dress).

I'd have much rather seen Mary wear the divine burgandy off the shoulder evening dress which was worn to the NSW State Dinner at Government House in 2005. For the life of me, I cannot understand why the Crown Princess has not worn it since.

It really is a stunning garment.

I don't see which dress you are talking about. Mary wore so many stunning dresses, but your comment make me curious, and want to see how it looks like, It's possible to post a picture of it?

The design of this particular gown worn at the gala evening is exquisite. However I do not think the shade is very complimentary on Mary. She seems to really illuminate in the brighter colours.

Last edited:

Thank you Duke of Marmalade:flowers:. It's indeed a stunning dress, but I find the brown evening gown as stunning as this. Both gowns' designs are princesses' dresses, the burgundy one has some old touchs like Impress Sissi's dresses, and the brown one is more modern and subtil. Personally, if I had to choose between the two gowns, I will go for the brown one.

So far, from all what Mary wore, the top one to me is the red gown she wore at her pre-wedding, but that was the wedding.

Last edited:
I didn't mean it's not respectable.
But it is a WOW dress, a perfect dress for the person taking center stage (as Mary did in Australia, she was the honoured guest then).
Yesterday evening Camilla&Charles were the honoured guests.

Although brown is not my favourite colour I think Mary - as usual - chose a very appropriate outfit (and the brown actually goes well with Camilla's blue dress).

I now better understand your reasoning. Thank you :)

Though if I'm being honest, Camilla's gown is not what I'd consider WOW (not saying that you've suggested that), though it is one of the more flattering in terms of giving her waist shape and not accentuating her tricky figure as is often the case.

I do not care for the off the shoulder neckline as it lends no flattery to her shoulders which are not particularly attractive in any case; though the colour itself suits her well and her hair was styled very nicely. It sat well and the length is decently managed for a change (normally I find it either too fluffy or too flat).

I like the model of the dress, but I really don't like the color. And Mary isn't beautiful as she can be in that dress

Yes at least once; at an evening event at the royal shooting society if I remember correctly. I would guess that the brooch is part of the dress but I don't know.
But the brooch is the reason why it is right not to wear a necklace as well. It would have ruined the clean lines of the outfit IMO.
Thank you. I think is a brooch.

Why did I think this dress was purple..?

Anyway I absolutely love it.

Brown is her colour, the dress is gorgeous she looks absolutely amazing with it a real Queen ;-)

I have always loved that brown gown it looks just as gorgeous here. Love here hair and the earring well just love it all.

I love the brown gown but o feel like I've seen that dress before but in a different color or something.

Crown Princess Mary attended a movie premiere this evening, wearing a black dress with a golden belt.
Looks nice!

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 **

The tightness of the skirt doesn't bother me, Mary has the body and the figure for it and the pencil skirts are back and in tendency, but I don't like the turtleneck top and the sleeves. Nice belt though, I think she wore it before with a long white skirt for an evening gala and for a wedding

Last edited:
A very nice outfit.
It's a bit tight but Mary has the right figure to pull it off. Love the earrings.

I agree it is too tight. Though she has a great figure doesn't mean that she can wear tight outfits. In fact it doesn't matter. It simply looks way too tight. I love the belt. I think I saw it on her once but can't remember..

I think I saw it on her once but can't remember..
I think Sephora is right that Mary used the belt before with a long white skirt (Frederik and Mary's first joint travel to Australia?) and for a wedding; as far as I remember, Mary used the belt with a long Carolina Herrera dress for the wedding.

Thank you! Mary looked gorgeous in 2008 and she looked gorgeous wearing it this time. I fail to see where it is too tight.. Just imho.

I also like this belt, especially with the long white CH skirt, but it looks nice here. I don't favor the dark opaque stockings so much (too much black, I would prefer nude stockings), but that's just my opinion.

I only like the belt

I think it looks too tight, because of the odd length. Its well above the knee, QEII-length, and to me it looks very unappealing with the shooties.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same Dof M the belt is my fav the rest YUK didn't like it the first time and think she can do better.

I like belt but dress is boring. Too much black for me including tights and horrible shoes(booties for movie premiere? I know it wasn't black tie event but it doesn't looks good). I don't like the make-up, Mary's eyes seems to be so small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom