Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 8: July 2011 - January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the dress! She looks amazing!

Princess Mary attends the opening of the America-Scandinavia Foundation Centennial exhibition in New York; October 20, 2011.

Full length ** Front close-up ** Hair style from back

Love this look - the dress is lovely, the accessories match the brown/beige tones in the dress and the hair is nicely styled.

This dress is something that I would definitely wear myself.
Wow! Mary is back on the mark with a vengeance. The dress with it's autumnal hues beautifully accessorised with a gorgeous pair of caramel coloured shoes and a fabulous matching coloured clutch, to die for. No wishy-washy nude shades here!

The stand-out new look is her gorgeous hair colour and style. A new and fabulous look!

YES! Go Mary! She must have knocked Fred for a loop when she walked out in this dress!

Totally gorgeous just the most beautiful look.

Any pictures of the back of her gown? She is a knock out!

Reminds we of an evening gown once worn by Queen Rania Al Abdullah.

For a mother of four, she has a tremendous figure. Just beautiful.

Color washed her out, dress is too tight and not flattering. This gown is designed for a tall women with perfect bodies, like P Charlene.

Beautiful evening gown. Even the neutral colour is perfect here - and she can definitely carry it off!

Do not agree that Charlene could pull this off better; Charlene's shoulder width is a distraction in this type of gown.

IMHO the dress is gorgeous and could have been a true stunner if it wasn't for its (non-)color which lets it down somewhat.
A jewel tone or even black or white would have been fantastic, but for me this light greige shade is just not working too well with Mary's coloring.

I really like this dress, it does look like she is pulling in several pictures. I do hate the jewelry though. A formal evening dress with gold wire dangles? This needed diamonds. The earrings would have been perfect the day before with the floral satin dress to me.Accesories can really ruin a look IMO. Body by Mary....gorgeous~

IMHO the dress is gorgeous and could have been a true stunner if it wasn't for its (non-)color which lets it down somewhat.
A jewel tone or even black or white would have been fantastic, but for me this light greige shade is just not working too well with Mary's coloring.

I agree!
The dress would have been gorgeous in a jewel tone.
(But I never really like beige on anyone; it always looks so wishy-washy!) :lol:

She looked amazing yesterday!

I would've loved the gown if it didn't have that attached part around the neck, looks really odd to me and looks like its grabbing on her neck for the sleeve to stay up. The color works just fine for me as with her dark hair it works.

She looked absolutely stunning last night, not too tight nor too revealing. A knockout as ever!

I was there and saw her IRL. What can I say? She simply looked amazing. The photos don't do her justice at all.

In some photos I love it and in others I think it's too tight but overall I think she really pulls it out. One of the best dressed there.....

MYROYALS: SCAND

My first reaction to the dress was TERRIFIC! But after seeing the unflattering shots of it above, in certain lights, it is REALLY revealing, much more i'm sure than she anticipated. Bravo for trying though.:flowers:

I am in the 'don't like' camp too...fabric and style too retro...retro is good every now and again and done the right way but this doesn't work...I don't like the constant pulling of the dress that was neccessary...dress probably looked great in the fitting and on the hanger but the reality of static and bunchiness of fabric is a nightmare! And I totally agree with Frelinghigness, I thought it was OK at first, then I saw the photos with lighting showing of every bump of hips, thighs, buttocks and pantyline (around her waist) to make it (the dress) almost superfluous...I am sure this dress will never be repeated, a one hit wonder :)

I like this dress but not on Mary, I agree this is for a celebrity like Gwyneth Paltrow not a Princess. If she is going to wear a dress like this she needs spanx to smooth out the lumps and bumps. My problem with Mary is that IMO I think she tries too hard to be trendy.

I have now seen more pictures of he dess and it seams that it was too long and that appears to a trouble when Princess Mary try to dance...also I have seen that the dress is too tigh on her and that enhance too much her figure...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom