Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 8: July 2011 - January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The style of the dress is lovely and suits Mary perfectly but not sure about the light red either. A darker shade would look better.

The printed dress is very bold in print and I didn't think it suited Mary, it was just too printed for her, though it was a lovely color combinations.
Agree and I didn't like the way the top seems to hang on her.
The dress seems a little too long, imo.

The "red" dress looks orange to me. It also seems a little long, and dull, but we are not getting the best photos either.

I don't like the red or pink dresses at all, the style of the red is too long and I think makes her lokk like a plain jane IMO. The pink looks like a maternity dress.

The dress looks good on Mary and I like the cut of it. Maybe she should shorten it to right about her knees would look better. The tomato red color looks pretty too

Love her latest offering...Love this look with more of Mary's trademark bodice pleats and obi belt...love the sunburnt orange with the nude pumps and the below the knee length...She does things a little different to those around her everytime which sets her apart...The Premiers wife is in a sleeveless, above the knee shift dress and Mary outshines her in a flowy, below the knee, cap sleeved bright dress...This has to be my favourite of the trip so far...Maybe because it seems new too ;)

The red makes Mary look very vibrant. I love it.

The final event of the Australia tour and a stunning look for Crown Princess Mary at a charity
dinner for the Alannah and Madeline Foundation on November 26, 2011 in Melbourne. Perfect!

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

The final event of the Australia tour and a stunning look for Crown Princess Mary at a charity
dinner for the Alannah and Madeline Foundation on November 26, 2011 in Melbourne. Perfect!
Recycled dress from Victoria's wedding last year, I think, with some minor alterations made.

Last edited:
Amazing dress - love the colour it suits Mary and her dark hair

yes it is possible the smae with alterations, what ever is the case i would like to know who made it is is stuuning, I WANT ONE!!!!! to much to ask??????she looks lovely!

Mary is every inch the Crown Princess...Regal, Elegant, Poised, Stunning. This gown just proves it.

She looks amazing! I love the dress!

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

Stunning dress :flowers:

Recycled dress from Victoria's wedding last year, I think, with some minor alterations made.

Nope I don't think so, unless massive alterations were made.

This is the dress worn to the wedding itself, Princess Mary Pictures - Guests at Princess Victoria's Wedding - Zimbio
This is the dress worn to the dinner two days prior to the wedding, http://royalweddings.hellomagazine....ng/princess-mary/0-0-564/victoria-mary1-a.jpg

Therefore, I'm going with new dress.

The bluish-grey dress is gorgeous. Suits Mary's complexion. I like her hair too.

Stunning dres

This is the dress worn to the wedding itself, Princess Mary Pictures - Guests at Princess Victoria's Wedding - Zimbio
This is the dress worn to the dinner two days prior to the wedding, http://royalweddings.hellomagazine....ng/princess-mary/0-0-564/victoria-mary1-a.jpg

Yes, it's possible it's a new dress, but , sorry, I don't understand you:

What does the pre-wedding dress (Victoria's wedding, pic two) have to do with this dress?
I meant, that the dress in your first pic is the same as the dress in Melbourne, with minor alterations?!

Last edited:
Stunning dress :flowers:

Im not so sure - iniatially i thought new dress but they seem to be the same colour so having two dresses of the same soft green seems unusual. The only altertaion that i think has been doen is to remove the lace neckline and replace with a shoulder floatly sash effect - otherwise the dresses have the same pleat effect and waistline details

What does the pre-wedding (Victoria's wedding, pic two) have to do with this dress?
I meant, that the dress in your first pic is the same as the dress in Melbourne, with minor alterations?!

Because the dress in picture two, is of similar design to the Melbourne dress, therefore it could be buy the same designer.
I understand that you were referring to the wedding day dress itself, which IMO would need more than minor alterations to look anything like the dress worn in Melbourne.

Im not so sure - iniatially i thought new dress but they seem to be the same colour so having two dresses of the same soft green seems unusual. The only altertaion that i think has been doen is to remove the lace neckline and replace with a shoulder floatly sash effect - otherwise the dresses have the same pleat effect and waistline details

Or two different dresses, same designer? I don't see why having two dresses in the same colour is unusual in anyway?

Because the dress in picture two, is of similar design to the Melbourne dress, therefore it could be buy the same designer.
I understand that you were referring to the wedding day dress itself, which IMO would need more than minor alterations to look anything like the dress worn in Melbourne.

Or two different dresses, same designer? I don't see why having two dresses in the same colour is unusual in anyway?

Minor alterations? It looks very much like the wedding day dress. Then lace has been removed, and the thing that is on Mary's shoulder, has been added, but otherwise it's the same.

But, the same dress or a different, it doesn't matter. I just thought it was the same dress, but with the alterations made into a "new" dress. Two dresses for the price of one. Put back the lace and remove the thing on her shoulder and it's back to the first version. I don't know if the designer was ever identified. Jesper Hovring? The white dress is Malene Birger.

Last edited:
Looking more closely at the blue-grey dress from Mary's last event in Australia, I'm reminded of a dress that was used in the Broadway revival of 'Anything Goes'. It has a 1930s feel to it. Elegant and lovely.

Late afternoon/early evening reception starting at 4:55 pm and surely lasting around 2 hours,
so I post it here, a matter of definition ;)

Mary as the lady in red on November 25 - not sure about the shade of red, maybe it's a light result.

** Full view ** Upper part **

Lovely dress, I really liked the color :flowers:

Last edited:
Whether it's a new or recycled altered dress, it's absolutely lovely and the blue-gray very flattering to Mary's coloring. The bodice and pleats are beautiful, the flow of the gown is seamless from waist to shoulder and over the back, and with the hair, it's a classic Grecian look. Stunning.

I think your right, its the same dress with alterations, and I love it now and I loved it then.

Minor alterations? It looks very much like the wedding day dress. Then lace has been removed, and the thing that is on Mary's shoulder, has been added, but otherwise it's the same.

But, the same dress or a different, it doesn't matter. I just thought it was the same dress, but with the alterations made into a "new" dress. Two dresses for the price of one. Put back the lace and remove the thing on her shoulder and it's back to the first version. I don't know if the designer was ever identified. Jesper Hovring? The white dress is Malene Birger.

No, it has to be a major alteration to remove the lace and attach the one-shoulder top. Unless they are two detachable bodices, which is a possibility for the dress.

Right away I thought it was the same dress. And i don't think altering it would be any big deal. The lace could have been added for the wedding, we don't know, to make it less revealing for the church. The bodice seems to also be the same, a fabric overlay, over the existing bodice and then up over the shoulder seems to have been added. No big deal for someone who made such an intricate dress to begin with.
I agree with Calenei, the bustline, that is to say upper edge of the bodice in the way that it was created to be uneven, to be a little higher on one side, which is clear in the wedding photos, gives it away.
I like it so much better in this version.
She looks wonderful in it. I would have liked a hair ornament.

Last edited:
If the original dress was altered in the top area índeed, this version is much better.

Easily one of the best evening appearances that Mary had, ever. Stunning from head to toe.

She is gorgeous! What a beautiful dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom