Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 6: January 2010 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who said the lace top, is black? It looks navy to me. I may be mistaken, but to me it looks navy.

I think its navy also. Very nice look. Mary needs a diamond necklace with this to me, and I would change the belt.

Amazing! A dress which she wore for the first time in 2004 and she makes it look so fantastic 6 years (and 2 children later). I love the purple shoes and bag and the black tailored coat.

CP Mary and her stylist are great at accessorizing to make an old outfit look new!

Who said the lace top, is black? It looks navy to me. I may be mistaken, but to me it looks navy.
Perhaps it looks black because it's matched with a black skirt. I thought it was black. Whichever colour it is, it's a pretty blouse.

the skirt if navy as well so im pretty sure the top is also navy

Hugo Boss dress - great that she can still wear it but then she does recycle clothes that she wore from ebfore her marriage eg red gala dress and silver one

I quite like the Hugo Boss purple dress, and I agree that I like it more this time than when she wore it before. I think that it´s because I like it with the black coat.

This purple dress is great! I can't compare it to the previous time she wore it, because I haven't seen any pics. All I know is that she looks wonderful!

The purple dress is lovely against the chic black coat. I love her purple shoes!!

The purple Hugo Boss dress is fantastic and the elegant black coat over it tones down the print. Perfect!

I honestly have never liked this dress and like it even less with the coat which I also don't like. I do however like the bag and shoes she looks business like just doing her job and that is ok too.

Crown Princess Mary looks very put together in her purple dress and coat. I don't like patterns like this, but the Princess can pull it off.:flowers:

I love this dress, but I preferred it better the first time in 2004 when she wore it with the black shoes. It looked more put together IMO
Then purple shoes seem to take something away from the look somehow

I appreciate the way Mary uses different accessories (coat, purse, shoes) to make this recycled purple dress look a bit different.

I loved Mary's outfit the night she went to the ballet. That purple dress, shoes and clutch were fantastic, especially combined with the elegant coat. That color purple is really flattering on her. She looked just gorgeous. The black dress she wore at the fashion awards looked ok, but I think I have seen her in better looking gowns. I thought her gala gown was really pretty, and although, as many of you have said, it was a bit dark, I think she still looked great in it. Loved the skirt with the pink top too. She really has great taste in clothes!!

Remember last year at this event she wore a stunning ice blue chiffon strapless dress - but this years black number is ok
I am hoping that Mary would bring out that Stunning ice blue number for P Victoria wedding, wouldn't that be perfect with her aquamarines?:p

Why did she wear strapless two years in a row to the same event? we can't help comparing, can we?
The ice blue is much better than this year black one. Although the black is not bad at all. Probably the contrast color with her skin, and between the ruffles and the shiny bustier upper part of the dress.

Princess Mary wearing a black strapless gown at the Dansk Fashion Awards, May 12, 2010:
De kendte og kongelige til modefest | www.bt.dk

Can't say I like this very much. It looks like carpet. It doesn't help that it makes her look pregnant too:ohmy:.

Mary looks fantastic. I love the tiered ruffles in the skirt, and her hair/make-up is flawless. A++++ from me.

I wonder if the gowns that Mary wears to these events , are made and given to her by one of the designers involved. Can anyone tell me?
I know this has happens to others when involved with fashion week in other countries.
I like the gown on Mary very elegant.

This look doesn't work for me - IMO, the silhouette with high waist and a skirt in tea cosy shape and ruffles is all wrong for CP Mary. The gown lacks fluidity and charm.
Some flash of color or a flashy piece of jewelry would have done wonders for the overall styling, but she looks under-accessorized instead.
If you'd cut the skirt off above the knees, you'd end up with a mourning baby doll... in my eyes, it's a miss.

This is unflattering and one of the worst dresses Mary has worn. It is unflattering in all ways. The top part looks like leather which is giving off a plastic effect.

^^
I agree, that dress is awful and I don't think the empire style dress suits her either

I think she looks really great in it.
I like the layered look combined with the high waist.

Could perhaps induce her to get pregnant again soon since this would be a perfect pregnancy evening gown :)

The dress is okay, the design is different. I like the way her hair is and her earrings are nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom