Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 5: September 2009 - January 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear

Part 5
previous thread

Here are some important TRF
Community Rules & FAQ's
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators
Marmi, TheTruth, Mandy & dazzling

Imageshack - ashleygreene72991.jpg

Amazing dress, shoes, earrings...Mary simply looking divine in it!
However I am not very fond of the hairstyle and also...please Mary, pleaseeee have your hair dyed with the previous colour they had! This seems so cheap in light!

Agree Angelica, all is wonderful except hair.

Oh, Princess Mary is so amazing, she is so light, I like even her hair!

Imageshack - ashleygreene72991.jpg

Amazing dress, shoes, earrings...Mary simply looking divine in it!
However I am not very fond of the hairstyle and also...please Mary, pleaseeee have your hair dyed with the previous colour they had! This seems so cheap in light!

I agree. She looks simply elegant in this black dress.:flowers: One thing I don't like is her hair. I wish she would do differently with her hair.

Her dress is a nice classic style and I love her shoes - so pretty and delicate looking.

I love the dress and the hair. I looks classy and elegant. Her hair is different. I love all the things she can do with it.

Sept 28, 2009 - Mary in a Prada printed skirt with crystals on the hem matched with a black sheer sleeve top

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3

I like the skirt but with another blouse.

This is great skirt! Don't like the top with it though. So plain....Maybe with a necklace it would have been better.:Dgreat memory on skirt being previously worn!

I think this is the third time she has worn it. But I'm sure someone knows for sure. The first time was in London for a Hans Christian Andersen event. I love this skirt!

:previous:

And then for the WHO reception one year as well. I'm not overly fond of this skirt, it makes Mary looked shorter and slightly stumpier than she is because of its length and line.

not my taste, really. the combination with the top and belt is odd and the skirt has an awkward length - all in all not flattering.

high heels are fine but with mary I often get the impression that her heels are either too high or the shoes too small - often her feet look like squeezed into the particular model she is wearing at all cost.

Sept 28, 2009 - Mary in a Prada printed skirt with crystals on the hem matched with a black sheer sleeve top

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3
The skirt is nice but too long, IMO. It could be gorgeous a bit shorter.
I really don´t like the top, it´s quitte unflattering. The bossom part looks horrible.

I love the skirt. I'd have it myself if I could. But the top is too loose and covers Mary too much. The belt wasn't needed. Plus, I like how she wore her hair in London the first time with this skirt. But it still looks nice on her and works as an outfit. But I've seen her look better in it in the past.

I think the whole outfit is very matronly for a young woman like Mary.

Normally, I have only words of praise for Mary's outfits. But this time I absolutely hate the entire ensemble: the top is just ugly, too loose and fit for and older woman, the skirt is too long and I don't like the print either. This outfit just doesn't work for me.

I don't care for this outfit at all. The top is nice by itself, but not with the skirt. The skirt is pretty, but the length is strange. It doesn't flatter her figure. It needed to be slightly shorter, I think.

This is one outfit that needs to stay in the back of her closet. sgl, you're right, it doesn't flatter her at all.

i think that the length is comparable with the gold dress she wore to the culture prize last year - seen here- that I liked but very many people didnt. it is an akward length. with the gold dress, i felt that the colour (especially because it was so unusual, and one block colour) and design (especially the neckline) worked well with it.
in this case however, the skirt's odd colouring and the top it was paired with (much worse than the one she wore in london IMO (and i only mean with the skirt, not necessarily by itself)) meant that the length of the skirt was the nail on the coffin for me

I thought the skirt was pretty and I liked the length.
The top is also very pretty but IMO does not look good in photographs, it seems you can see the bra or the camisole worn under. Its one of those tops which is not camera friendly.

Don't like this outfit for Mary. The skirt is a bit too long. I think it's a sad outfit for her. She has done better!

i think that the length is comparable with the gold dress she wore to the culture prize last year - seen here- that I liked but very many people didnt. it is an akward length. with the gold dress, i felt that the colour (especially because it was so unusual, and one block colour) and design (especially the neckline) worked well with it.
in this case however, the skirt's odd colouring and the top it was paired with (much worse than the one she wore in london IMO (and i only mean with the skirt, not necessarily by itself)) meant that the length of the skirt was the nail on the coffin for me

yes exactly. i was thinking of the gold dress too. i did like the dress but i think the length is very unflattering, in general.
the top is terrible, when will royals stop using material that allows the bra shining through in combination with flashlight photography :hammer:
Imageshack - mette9ef.jpg

I actually liked the gold dress. The fit had a lot to do with it. Very flattering on her, but the top and skirt made her look old.

yes exactly. i was thinking of the gold dress too. i did like the dress but i think the length is very unflattering, in general.
the top is terrible, when will royals stop using material that allows the bra shining through in combination with flashlight photography :hammer:
Imageshack - mette9ef.jpg

I've never seen something as horrible as that worn by Mary :ermm: I think I'll wait for her next appearance ;)

Images dont really look like "evening wear" on the Princess- way to casual, looks more like sportswear. Although I know this is about CP Mary- Is it me, or did anyone else notice how amazing Prince Frederik's silk suit is in Pic 1? the tailoring is impeccable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom