Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 3: January 2009 - May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CP Mary attending a wedding, 18 April 2009:

Troonopvolgers!: Frederik en Mary van bruiloft.

I like the skirt of this dress, but the top part looks a bit too lose.

The loose part is the style of the dress. Loose top part. I like this dress but im not too sure if I like the cardigan with it, it makes it less dressy and not something for a wedding. Mary has quite a few nice black jackets that would look nice or a nice shawl to cover up.

I think she has worn the cardi too. She wore it with a white dress at a reception, for sports I think at the palace.

I think you may be right, with it being secured using the brooch in the first picture, rather than buttons.

I love that long dress, very fashionable, very modern...

I like both the dress and the cardigan. Her hairdo looks lovely,too.

I really like her dress. She's absolutely beautiful. :)

I would really love to see Crown Princess Mary wear the pink gala dress she wore for Crown Prince Frederick birthday party on the yacht again. I would love to see the dress on its own without the green long coat she wore with it and maybe the ruby tiara or the aquamarine necklace.

Another dress Crown Princess Mary has only worn once is the floral one she wore to the Netherlands with her hair put on one side. I can't remember the occasion but I know that the picture I saw of her, she was sitting down with other royals.

I would really love to see Crown Princess Mary wear the pink gala dress she wore for Crown Prince Frederick birthday party on the yacht again. I would love to see the dress on its own without the green long coat she wore with it ....

Me too! :flowers: I am usually not too fond of pink dresses, but this one looked so pretty and delicate - from what was visible.

Another dress Crown Princess Mary has only worn once is the floral one she wore to the Netherlands with her hair put on one side. I can't remember the occasion but I know that the picture I saw of her, she was sitting down with other royals.
I think it was for an event in Luxembourg (silver wedding?). I would very much like to see that dress too.

The dress that I dream about is the one that Mary used in Frederick's birthday party by Matthew Williamson, a mini pattern dress - just my dream dress!:flowers:

Umm i'm sort of undecided about this outfit. It has good points and bad.
Mary herself looks beautiful though.
x

Crown Princess Mary opened an exhibition of Prince Henrik's collection of African art on 30 April 2009:

http://i44.tinypic.com/30ij33o.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/27wu8lw.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/153323k.jpg
Photos: Belga via Iceflower in DRF forum

I like the top and front of this dress, but I am not sure about the sides. It looks like there is extra fabric, or a more opaque-look to the sheer black chiffon overlay. I think it would have looked a bit better if it was more uniform.
The dress is...strange, I´d say, but I like it. Beautiful shoes :flowers:

I like the overall look! The dress is nice...but the shoes and the earrings are more than nice...they are amazing!

I like the dress. The front side looks lovely. The shoes are pretty but not suit for the dress. The make-up looks nice.

Strange look, sorry. The form / whole see through lace part looks odd and the shoes don't work with it. Too much going on. Queen Margrethe looks less sophisticated but much better put together.
Picture details

Mary's purple dress from the event before has a similar cut but looks miles better.
Picture details

Well, the dress is actually being discussed under the wrong topic here - the engagement it was worn to started in the late afternoon, it's a cocktail dress and thus rather part of eveningwear.
And as a cocktail dress, it works very nicely, IMO. The triangle shape of the pretending-to-be transparent insert is nicely balanced by the wider cap sleeves, and the lace work appears to be exquisitely made.
With accessories wisely understated, I like the whole look.

The dress is really elegent. I quite like the lace on it, adds a wonderful look to it. The sleeves at are a perfect length IMO. I also quit elike how the fabric under the lace is much lighter than the outside parts which looks like shades of something burnt with the soft brown color which all blends in. I love this dress more each time I see it.

Well sad, Dazzling, and I agree with you on all points! Interesting how different angles in photos lead to different opinions about a dress...

The dress is okay and her make-up is a bit heavier than usual (yes, I understand it's a late afternoon event, but still...) Nonetheless, the shoes are nice.

Marys dress was made by Prada, off the runway from the previoues collection fall/winter 2008.
It seems to be altered abit and looks better. Shorter to anicer length and abit more fitting.
(style.com)

The shoes look quite similar to the pair Mette-Marit was wearing recently at the state visit form Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom