Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 3: January 2009 - May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the dress, it´s wonderful.:flowers:
But it would look better with a coat. The jacket is beautiful, but with this dress I also think that a long coat would be better.

Fabulous pictures. I like this gown, beautiful design, and the shiny blue has a red touch on occasions that matches the ruby tiara.

The ruby tiara is pretty but also very "heavy" jewellery, there is always the danger to look a bit "over the top" but for these official pics it works very well.

The second picture appears to be too short, they should have cut it below Mary's feet as Frederik gets a full body view, why not Mary.

CP Mary is absolutely beautiful with her blue gown. :)

That blue dress is one if my favourites on Mary - a lovely sapphire and diamond suite of jewels would be perefct with it

The definitely look "formal". Stiff and not at ease. That being said, both of them looked great. I'm always a sucker for a uniform and Frederik in that particular uniform is magnificent!

As to Mary's dress . . . . . . wow! I think it must have been designed with the Ruby Parure in mind. The Parure is fabulous against the stunning simplicity of the gown. Great look for both of them.

Thanks Dazzling. I'm pleased to see it again (not that we really can LOL) I've always hoped she'd recycle it.
I wonder what it would've looked like with her hair up though.

anyone knows who made the dress of the offficl photos, i love it!

I'm not sure of the dress's origin ashelen, but I can tell you that the first time I remember Mary wearing it was in Australia on the official visit in 2005, so its a few years old now.

i miss it at that time i don't remeber to read that threat, probably it was photos there, thank you anyway!

My looks stunning. Love the hair and dress. I really like her style.

OOPS! Typing too fast - Mary looks stunning

Last edited by a moderator:
i thihnk mary is one of the princess of today with more elegance and great body! besdie her beauty!

Wow I love this dress. The colours are so vibrant and cheerful. The body of the gown is like a second skin, very like the red gown from Australia 2005, in a way that no dress she's worn since has been. I even quite like the hair style with this dress, and its one I normally hate!

What a beautiful couple they make. Mary looks stunning as always. I love the dress she is wearing, I haven't seen that one before.

This is indeed a 'new' evening dress and one I hope we'll see again. I'd also very much like to see the Strenesse evening dress HRH wore to the Grand Ducal Gala Dinner and Ball at Castle Berg in '06'.

I dont like the dress for the event. It looks abit too casual IMO.

I think only the fact that there are no straps saves the dress from looking too casual. The print is quite "wild" therefore everything else should have kept simple, I am talking about the hair. The "high" and open style doesn't look good at all together with the dress, imo.

does any one know what fabric Mary's dress is made of and who designed it. she looks stunning, by the way
p.s. what colour shoes is she wearing and the designer also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom