Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 19: November 2018 - November 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like it better in a different color. I like the style though.

Beautiful dress for Crown Princess Mary !

Last edited by a moderator:
Even as a person who doesn't like the colour brown so much, I love this dress

:previous:thanks for the reference. She looks great in brown, nice halter with collar and updo for a change.

I'm also one of those who doesn't like the colour brown but this shade is more orange-ish, and looks very pretty with white dots. The belt help to accentuate her slim waist and her lovely updo won't hide her shoulders. Very pretty look.

It's a pretty dress, although I do not think it looks very good on her. I am glad that she wore her hair up; I hate when women cover up interesting features of dresses & blouses with their hair.

:previous:thanks for the reference. She looks great in brown, nice halter with collar and updo for a change.

I'm also one of those who doesn't like the colour brown but this shade is more orange-ish and looks very pretty with white dots. The belt help to accentuate her slim waist and her lovely updo won't hide her shoulders. Very pretty look.
Brown is a hard colour to pull off sartorial-wise but they seem to have fluked into the perfect polka dot to background ratio and aced the size of the 'dots'. Too small and it would be too dizzying, to big and your eyes can't focus right. ;)

But the most important thing is the way the entire ensemble is put together. Her soft updo and pretty earrings highlight the gorgeous halter collar. Her narrow belt perfectly highlighter her enviably waist and was far better than the chunky belt she used last time. Interestingly, the dress is ankle length and so we get a really good look at those shoes. They looked as delicately perfect as her earrings.

Too bathrobe like for me. Nice hairdo
My mind went straight to the same place and I can't for the life of me understand why. But, nevertheless, seeing that dress a dressing gown comes immediately to mind.

I like the pink dress too.

lovely dress....and the shoes! completes the outfit perfectly

I'm surprised she choose orange shoes but I quite like that additional pop of color. Also pink flower make this black dress look more cheerful and fresh. Overall I like this look a lot.

Mary at a dinner at the Swedish Embassy in Copenhagen this evening, September 17:

** Full view ** With a coat **

Last edited:
Her makeup looked severe in this appearance and in the jumpsuit one. I think she is much thinner and it is showing in her face

:previous:well, when wearing that dress at the time of Victoria & Daniel’s wedding, Mary was a couple months pregnant with the twins so not surprising her face may have been a bit softer.

I am not comparing her to how she looked nine years ago, just to how she has looked recently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom