Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 17: September 2016 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, not a fan of this.

LaRae

Not a fan either. Lace seems to give off a very 'matronly' look. Mary and Kate, who are two beautiful woman, tends to aged more when they're wearing lace dresses.

I think the lace itself is fine. I think the fit of the dress from the waist up doesn't suit her though.

It's a nice dress, but Mary looked overdressed at this summer party where the greeting line was done outside.

Sorry, but she is not overdressed, she is dressed in a pretty summerly dress, like all other women and men in black suits. And it is certainly not a summer party, but an official formal dinner during the Danish Crown Prince's official visit :flowers: Mary is dressed exactly as she usually is when attending the official dinners during the Crown Prince's couple's official business visits.

Last edited:
The dress is pretty enough, but I will sure be glad when the all lace dress trend is over.

Disappointing evening for both ladies for me :sad:

The lace is matronly. And the top isn't very flattering :ermm:

At least if she had some color to it, would seem a bit fresher. I hope we move past this lace dress craze soon.

I'm also one of those who is really glad when this lace dress craze moves on. Lace looks good on windows, not on people. Or the lace has to be very special and beautifully done.
That aside, I'm glad that Mary changed her hairstyle for the evening and she looked very lovely.

I like the dress but it seems to formal for an evening summery outside party.

I would've loved to see something more lighter in fabric. Nevertheless, Mary looked lovely!

I like the dress but it seems to formal for an evening summery outside party.

I would've loved to see something more lighter in fabric. Nevertheless, Mary looked lovely!

It wasn't "an evening summery outside party"
It was an official dinner.

:previous: I'm on the fence with this dress. Mary herself looks nice (as usual), but there's something about the dress that seems a bit heavy.

A really strange choice to a dinner on a summer evening (although it was raining) in the end of a friendly and lovely visit. The colours are boring and make the dress look heavy. On the other hand, it would go on a beach without shoes.

Last edited:
Doesnt work for me at all. Not a good look, something that Kate Cambridge might wear.

I really like this dress. It flows really well. Mary looks stunning

Last edited by a moderator:
Not one of her prettiest dresses but she still manages to look beautiful!

Wow! I missed seeing your post, polyesco! It surely Does flow well and is very feminine. Lovely!

Crown Princess Mary in a black and white dress at an official dinner at Stockholm's City Hall this evening, May 30:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Back view ** Upper part **

One of her worst dresses ever.

Tonight, Crown Princess Mary looks very beautiful at tonight's official dinner at the Eric Ericson Hall at Skeppsholmen in Stockholm, Sweden.

In a pretty summery light blue recycled gown. And a lovely hairstyle.

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4

Absolutely beautiful dress. She looks great.

So very much Mary in black and white, this year so far, And the black leather belt for evening, meh! Sigh.

I don't care for the hem on the black and white dress at all.

Ewwwwww...its awful.

I like the handkerchief hem on the skirt of the dress, but it looks odd with the very tailored top of the dress. One or the other but not both in the same dress, either a tailored skirt or a less structured top.

I could copy and paste my post from Letizia's thread onto Mary's - the colors and the bottom of the dress, and also the way it moves, are great. The rest of it seems a bit busy for me.

It does discreetly highlight her fantastic figure, though, and her hair, makeup, etc. are very pretty, as usual.

Dress is just bad. Design, color, nothing flattering. :ermm:

Looks slightly better in movement but not enough to save it.

Upper part of the dress looks lovely but skirt part looks too messy and unflattering. Besides the colors looks too dark for spring time. I have a feeling its too casual dress to be worn as eveningwear.

Love this dress! Those pumps look so pretty as well.

I think this dress should've been worn a day before to the dinner and the lace dress to the city hall dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom