Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 17: September 2016 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gorgeous! Love the entire outfit!

The cape seemed a little too spare for me. And the hairdo just didn't do it, the tiara seemed to overwhelm her hair, it needs much more volume, not a middle parted pulled down around the ears style. Much prefer the hairdsyle worn with this dress in the formal portrait. Also, the orange lipstick clashed with the cape. Love the gold dress and the hairpins in back.

Think she could have left the cape at home YUK... the gown nice and agree re lippy is it jut the photo ?? I wonder

Think she could have left the cape at home YUK... the gown nice and agree re lippy is it jut the photo ?? I wonder
I'm sure she has worn the Cape only for the arrival and removed it later. It is a pity that we never get pics from the Royals inside then we could have seen her without it.

The cape needed to be either as long or longer than the gown or left at home...which given that they only go from their palace to a heated car drive 20 yards around a square and get back out wouldn't have killed her if she really didn't want to wear it.

The Crown Princess looked stunning last night and very regal.

I'm sure she has worn the Cape only for the arrival and removed it later. It is a pity that we never get pics from the Royals inside then we could have seen her without it.
Yes I agree I would have love to see her without the cape! and the dinner! in the othr hand you have Marie with no coat!

True, Marie didn't wear a coat. Also Duke, the purple cape you showed had a nice stand up collar besides more texture and length. This red one had no collar and didn't have enough heft imo, for all those jewels

Yes I agree I would have love to see her without the cape! and the dinner! in the othr hand you have Marie with no coat!

Princess Marie uisually doesn't wear a cape when she arrives to the Nytarsteffel. perhaps she deosn't freeze easily. Don't know how cold it was in Copenhagen last night but here in South BGermany whe had the last night till -10 ° degress Celsius. So i don't blame the Crown Princess and the Queen to wear a Cape/fur even if it only for a short distance.

The dress is gorgeous and she brought her A game with the use of her jewels, like she usually does. But I cannot help but find the cape is a random throw on. Imo, she's worn better capes. This cape doesn't fit the luxurious dress.

Princess Marie uisually doesn't wear a cape when she arrives to the Nytarsteffel. perhaps she deosn't freeze easily. Don't know how cold it was in Copenhagen last night but here in South BGermany whe had the last night till -10 ° degress Celsius. So i don't blame the Crown Princess and the Queen to wear a Cape/fur even if it only for a short distance.

I would be freezing myself! I know it is a short walk from the car to the palace but still I am sure it is cold! wonder how warm is inside the palace! I am really spoil in my house, it is hot, air conditioner it is cold heating! so I do not know what I would do in their shoes!

I love the dress and I agree, I thought that the cape was not a good fit - too short even though I did love the colour which matched the rubies. I did not like the hairstyle from the front - from the back with the ruby & diamond clips, the hair looked great. I LOVE her gold dress with the black ruffle underlay - really gave the skirt fantastic fullness.
Also, based on the portrait when we first saw this dress...it has very short sleeves so an "over coat" was needed in the wintry weather. Overall though, I thought that the Crown Princess looked fabulous - like a Queen.

Princess Marie's dress had long sleeves so she could get away without wearing a cape.

I noticed that in the last few years, neither CP Mary and Princess Marie have worn fur capes or coats over their dresses. I wonder if this is deliberate?

Last edited:
The whole ensemble including jewels and cape were, for me, very beautiful indeed. I liked the colour combinations used and especially the sweep of the skirt - very regal!

I whole-heartedly agree with you, Jacknch! If I had one tiny miss it would be her hair. But that's it!

The color of the cape is lovely, it just needs some embroidery or somethung to make it more dressy.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/4e/50/86/4e50866fdbe1453da50480a5acba86fe.jpg
This cape would have done the job much better, imo.

True, Marie didn't wear a coat. Also Duke, the purple cape you showed had a nice stand up collar besides more texture and length. This red one had no collar and didn't have enough heft imo, for all those jewels
I agree, the velvet cape it more elegant in cut, colour and style although I have seen photos of her with the cape looking both magenta and purple. I would love to see the actual colour.

The same happened with the silver ensemble which, in many photos looked brownish grey. Not nice and not elegant.

I loved seeing the latest outing of the Ruby Parure with the gold gown although I have to admit the hairstyle screamed "Dowager Duchess of Ditchwater" more than Crown Princess of Denmark. The only thing I liked was the placement of the hair pins.

Mary looks divine in the gold dress. I love the cape.

I like the colour on her , I must say all this dresses from the last 3 events are very nice but at the same time are very simple and I guess it is because she accessorize them with all the orders so it can not be dresses with palliate or anything else. Just she has such a nice elegance that she shows them very nice!

Hope we get another look. I agree the pants don't look flattering here. I do like the top and love the earrings.

Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 17: September 2016 -

The pants are unflattering. I like the top, but I don't think the coat goes with it. The styles clash imo.

The top is beautiful. Her hair looks great and I love her earrings :flowers:

I like the jacket but doesn't seem to fit the outfit.

The pants are totally unflattering on her

Disappointing look for Mary, which is very unusual for her. I usually love Mary's looks but this isn't one of them. I'm sure she'll redeem herself with her next outfit though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom