Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 17: September 2016 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lace dress is very pretty. The color on Mary is great and I like the crystal belt. I don't know if I like the white coat for the evening, looks a bit casual IMO but nevertheless, it looks good.

I too am getting a little tired of lace, but Mary still manages to pull it off and look elegant and new. Lovely color.

Its good to see that Catherine is not the only European princess who has recently taken a shining to a) D&G lace dresses b) maroon coloured accessories in contrast with the main colours of her dress.

CP Mary at the state banquet tonight. Beautiful!!

http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bi...d/public/storage_1/media/20170124_han7259.jpg
beautiful! and handsome arm-candy ;)

the dress works really well on her. She wore it also in 2010 State Visit from Russia
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_twR_RR8SQQg/S9dKvdQKMkI/AAAAAAAABBI/UnoCKPB1ZYw/s1600/19964114.jpg
Mary looks terrific this time round. The 2010 outing just didn't gel. The lace was too heavy for the tiara and the silver belt thingee was just plain awful.

This time out, Mary's new tiara manages to look substantial with the lace and her waistline looks feminine and trim without that 'thingee'. She has managed to create an almost totally different look using the same basic components. But that is Mary's strong suit.

The maroon lace dress looked lovely and the matching clutch was a nice touch. Not too sure what to make of the odd coloured shoes but the white coat, in the middle of a dreary winter, over the rosy tones of her dress was a master stroke. Everything looked lighter, brighter and more feminine.

I actually thinks it is a blouse and skirt. I do not think is a dress.

February 1, 2017 - Mary at the swimming awards which sh his patron of.

Mary in a blue pants with a matching blue top. Not her best look IMO, too much blue to be wearing it like that.

Picture 1 ** Side view

I love it .. however I don't like the darker lip colour she is wearing of late I think IMO it is aging on her .

Fantastic shade of blue. I love the top. Her hair us great and am in love with her necklace:flowers:

But I find it an overload of blue. Different pants, and a different purse to break it up. Also not fond of the makeup.

I usually like Mary's picks but this isn't of them. And really not liking her hair.

I adore the blue casual outfit on Mary. Top and pants match perfectly, as it should, instead of many that try to match but get if off slightly. Necklace is very pretty. Darker makeup ok as in some photos she tends to look a bit washed out, which could just be the lighting from flash, etc. In person makeup might have looked perfect. I am impressed that she always looks clean. Not always true of some.

I Don't like ! Beautiful Strong blue color but don't flatter her!!

i like the deep blue colour but agree that worn like this, this outfit ages her. i also don't like the neckless - that style of jewelry seems a bit dated today.

That big expanse of one color and lack of any sense of a waist is a good look on Hillary Clinton or Angela Merkel, but it looks frumpy on someone like Mary. She's too young and slim for this outfit.

Oh that is no flattering to her at all.

LaRae

Mary's lovely in every way, and she always looks good, but... I think she's due for a mini makeover. Her hair length is no longer as becoming as it once was, and the color could be slightly lighter and fresher. Her makeup could be tweaked a bit, and she could wear less black. What works when you're 40 may not work at 45. JMO...

But even if she does nothing different, she still looks fabulous!

Color is great but I am not fond of the look.

I am hoping she got it as a gift from someone she loves and is wearing it for them to see. :flowers:

I think Mary looks lovely in this blue. I would prefer a little softer makeup however. I'm never a fan of the dark lips...

I agree the top is nice, but the skirt is a stark contrast to it

Mary looks great. The skirt is stunning.

The skirt is gorgeous. It just doesn't go with the jacket.

Both pieces of clothing are nice individually but I'm not a fan of them together. As Ipsi said, the skirt is a stark contrast to the black top. However, Mary still manages to look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom