Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 17: September 2016 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about this. The top and skirt look like they were cut off of 2 different dresses and sewn together. The style, texture and color are completely different. I think I'd like it better if these were 2 different outfits.

I agree Carlotta, looks like another recycle. I must say I like the skirt (or skirt if the dress?) better the first time. The materials and textures go better together.

She looks elegant. I love the skirt/bottom of the dress, and I like the top. But I don't find they go well together. The colors put me off. They either need to match or more if a contrast. Looks like someone made a failed attempt to match.

But I love her accessories. I as always love the new tiara. Wish they would make/buy one for Marie.

Last edited:
I think that the top is separate from the skirt. The two different materials of the top and skirt don't work together IMO - this outfit looked better the first time with the belt.

I could be wrong, but i think tonight's outfit is actually a two-piece - a silk top with a lace overlay and a matching silk skirt. If I am right, then that plus the lighting could account for the seeming difference in the texture of the materials when in fact they were made to be worn together - as she did tonight - originally.

Certainly not what I was expecting for a state dinner, but she looked beautiful, regardless.

OK....I just saw a video with CP Mary actually moving in the outfit...and the skirt especially moves fantastically as she walks!!! I might change my mind!

Doesn't look great in the stills and too boney for my taste up top.

The black gown is outstanding. She looks great.

The skirt is lovely but the lace top looks a bit too big around the body.
Nice combo of the skirt color and the black lace.

Love the skirt the top is not great with it IMO but I guess she has so many of these formal events... it's hard to be practically perfect in everyway .. everytime!~

I like both pieces but for me they don't work together. Mary looks polished but the outfit is a bit underwhelming for me for this occasion.

I like both pieces but for me they don't work together. Mary looks polished but the outfit is a bit underwhelming for me for this occasion.
I fully agree with you. The lace top did not match with a tiered skirt well.

Last edited:
Love the skirt but agree with the other posters about the top. LOVE the tiara and hair style.

Which tiara is this? I didn't realize she had received new one. Very nice!

Its one she has used a few times in the last 24 months, bought at an auction.

very beautiful look.
the color works well on Mary

Tired of lace. But the color is fantastic, and her styling, she is beautiful:flowers:

Good color for her and interesting hairdo,and earrings. Only quibble are the ultra high heels, they have begun to look absurd and remind me of Barbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom