Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 16: October 2015 - September 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmmmm... this is a massive miss for me. Love the colour, and she is v. elegant but I think that's more Mary than the dress. The dress reminds me of a badly wrapped birthday present!

Mmmmm... this is a massive miss for me. Love the colour, and she is v. elegant but I think that's more Mary than the dress. The dress reminds me of a badly wrapped birthday present!

That's a good analogy. It's the "wrapping" that ruins it for me. I love the color though.

Tonight, Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary attend Queen Margrethe's Honour Medal Dinner for Naval Officers at Fredensborg Palace:

Finally! I have looked so much forward to see that breathtakingly gown since last time we saw it in 2009.

Mary in her stunning purple McQueen gown and with Frederik in his uniform by her side:
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=bc282988c6481bccf318b138ff3779de&oe=572A4EFB

First time worn back in 2004, again worn back in 2009.
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=3219363a1d2a473959ba00846fb68b54&oe=57466D8D

Mary first wore the gown in February 2005 in New York and then in March 2005 for a dinner for the Dutch Ambassador (which I believe is what that 2004 photo is from) and then in March 2009 for the Culture and Sport gala.

Do not like this dress at all.

Mary first wore the gown in February 2005 in New York and then in March 2005 for a dinner for the Dutch Ambassador (which I believe is what that 2004 photo is from) and then in March 2009 for the Culture and Sport gala.

Do not like this dress at all.

I forgot that she also wore this for the Christmas Dinner in 2014!

Great colour this Alexander McQueen gown and the wrapping makes her look cozy and warm. After 4 children she is lucky that it still fits. This gown needs something fancy to make it shine and the satin bow/wrapping does that.

i always like seeing royals using recycled clothes that they wore first a long time ago...

It would look nice with a brooch

The dress itself is nice and the color is lovely but what's weird is how the sash is tied and just hanging in the front. To me it seems like an odd accent. Is it meant to be tied to the stuff, perhaps?

To me this dress is mumsy and kind of a mess. I can't put my finger on why - I just don't think it's flattering.

I don't think luck has anything to do with her fitting in the dress she works out and takes care of her body.

This is a dress she should give to her remodel team.

If the two crossings in the front of the shiny fabric were gone and only left at the collar and hanging down her back, I think it would be very beautiful

:previous: agree she looks beautiful and sweet. The dress simple but fits her nicely

She looks pretty nice, But isn't that the same dress of Duchess of Cambridge engagement Dress ??

It looks similar to DOC's engagement dress but this looks more like a DVF wrap dress than the Issa.

Last edited:
I'd agreed with dbarn67 it is most likely a classic DVF wrap dress. Kate Middleton's engagement dress was by Issa and as far as i know other royals other than the York princesses have not been seen in the Issa label

Looks like navy to me and doesn't look like DVfto me. Ore generous with fabric than Dvf

It resembles Kates engagement dress. But it looks good on Mary.

I like Mary's suit, very elegant but I've always hated this top.

I like very much the suit but this top :ermm:

Mary looks great. I love the top.

I'm not usually a big fan of too much black but I really like this outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom