Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 16: October 2015 - September 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a very creative and genius way of recycling and altering the gown. It's definitely spectacular but personally I am not really fond of this dress. The combination of velvet and the sparkly gown seem odd for me, but I can totally see why most people love the dress. Mary looked pretty fine though.

Not crazy about the recycling I love the colour but don't like the gown.

Fabulous gown. The velvet is very lightweight, most likely silk velvet and goes very well with the jeweled skirt. The plain color and long sleeves and scooped neck and back are perfect for showing the jewels and orders. What I really love is the drape of the overlay train, how it looks like a flower. Very well:)

Absolutely stunning, that made me go WOW, that a gorgeous lady. I love this gown, the idea of using 2 different gowns to make one, is just amazing. The detail on the sleeves pulls it all together. Nothing wrong in recycling for it says money and then you can think outside the box and what you want to create. Mary is one very beautiful woman and gets more so each year. And of course I can't forget Frederick for he is so darn handsome and I love him in his uniforms. He also looks great in swimming trunks as seen on the beach.

This occasion seems to call for long sleeves and heavier fabric like velvet and even fur wraps. If I remember correctly it is pretty cold and Queen Margrethe has been known to wear a full-length fur coat. So, I'm guessing it's cold outside and with the great doors wide open I don't think it's that much warmer in the initial receiving rooms either.

She has worn sleeveless before and managed with capes and stoles on arrival. Marie seems to have nothing at all with her sleeveless outfit. It's certainly a different outfit from previous ones and stands on it's own merit I guess.

Crown Princess Mary is just a beautiful and very elegant young woman.

Love the gown, the color and the jewels, especially her hair from the back. Complete look. :flowers: Nice.

I just had a thought. Knowing how much the Queen loves to design and change things I wonder if she had suggested this look to Mary's stylist. Or had a hand in it in some way. The Queen has designed many of her own gowns apparently.

I don't think the Queen (or the stylist) has anything to do with this.
This looks like 'Birgit Hallstein' to me. She has created seveal gowns in this style for Mary.
And the fabulous Jesper Hovring 'Bambi Award' gown looks like a two-piece and this time the skirt was recycled.

If the velvet was new, I wouldn't be surprised if Crown Princess Mary also had a skirt made out of the velvet.

Dear Naggi, this is what makes life so interesting. Everyone has a different view and opinion on things. For me if only I could look that good once in my life I would be happy or happier. Ha!

:) We should marry a prince :)))

I think this kind of dress would be silly on anyone but a princess. Lucky for us to enjoy the Danish traditiins!!

Nice cuffs! Hadn't noticed them before. Good color lipstick too. If this is Birgitta hall stein as Nordic mentioned, is she the one to have redesigned the red velvet?

Nice cuffs! Hadn't noticed them before. Good color lipstick too. If this is Birgitta hall stein as Nordic mentioned, is she the one to have redesigned the red velvet?

Yes, it's Birgit Hallstein. And this blue "top" looks very similar to the red one.

Oh I noticed the cuffs! They added soo much elegance to the entire look. It's the little touches that mean so much...

:previous:
I also noticed the detail work on the velvet top, that really pulled the 2 pieces together to make an very exquisite gown. Just a thought, wondering if at some time in the future there would be a velvet bottom to go with the top part of the Bambi gown, say something with a few crystals on the bottom that would pull the 2 pieces together like this was done for tonight. Mary makes very good use of her clothing and this is great recycling done on a grand scale.:)

Her great blue evening gown should have been better with her wedding tiara.

Absolutely gorgeous. Perfect for a cold winter's night.

It took me a few pictures to actually like this gown, but when I saw how it looked in the back, I fell in love. Mary looks very regal and the contrasts of the fabric add a nice touch. It's a very original way to alter a gown. The shade of blue is to die for too.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Crown Princess Mary looks gorgeous. I continue to be impressed with her recycling choices. It looks like a completely new gown.

That is what we could call an outstanding recycled and re-altered dress. Absolutely fantastic.

Indeed! It's one of the most beautiful New Year's Banquet gowns I've seen. If not the most beautiful. (The red velvet gown too) I think that as well when we first saw it too the Bambi Award. Two different breathtaking performances, but the same gown... Creative and cool recycling.

Mary looks lovely, healthy and relaxing on her and family's private vacation and with a nice tan. And I have said it before, but she has gorgeous healthy legs and figure :) Both Frederik and all four children have similar hats.
I think we are all thinking the same thing with that picture, Roskilde. :p Mary is in tip-top shape.

Indeed :)
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=5535a9b6e6d9a72545ca78a9cdab53a0&oe=570088EE

Last edited:
Tonight, Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary attend Queen Margrethe's Honour Medal Dinner for Naval Officers at Fredensborg Palace:

Finally! I have looked so much forward to see that breathtakingly gown since last time we saw it in 2009.

Mary in her stunning purple McQueen gown and with Frederik in his uniform by her side:
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=bc282988c6481bccf318b138ff3779de&oe=572A4EFB

First time worn back in 2004, again worn back in 2009.
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=3219363a1d2a473959ba00846fb68b54&oe=57466D8D

:previous:Lovely dress. Its nice to see it again after 6-7 years. wow Mary indeed. ;)
And Frederik looking sharp and handsome in his uniform :cool:

The gown is beautiful and regal. An elegant design.

Whew, that's more like it. After her current daywear trend, I was a little hesitant to check in but I'm glad I did. This gown looks wonderful on her and the colour is divine.

Amazing how this gown has stood the test of time so beautifully! Mary still looks soo elegant in it.

This dress and color is very beautiful and makes Mary very elegant!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom