Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 16: October 2015 - September 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the original, without the flower, but still a lovely dress on her :flowers:

Is it pink :ohmy: Looks white, maybe light yellow, in the pics to me. Must be lighting.

Last edited:
I never cease to be amazed at how the smallest change can alter the appearance of a gown. Change out a black ribbon for a matching blush rose, change the hairstyle completely, add an advantageous breeze and there you have it, a whole new look.

While the soft breeze makes the ruffles look really fluffy and twice their volume, the natural light doesn't do the gorgeous blush colour of the gown justice. Nevertheless, it still looks stunning as white or even the palest lemon depending on which photo you are looking at.

Gorgeous gown and great the way it was slightly altered. Her hair is fantastic for the whole outfit.

Mary looked lovely yesterday evening. The dress is flattering, so is the layers and the color.

I think I like the dress better with the flower rather than the black ribbon used previously. She looks lovely!

i liked this dress a lot the first time i saw it, and again over the times mary keeps rewearing it, but it seems to have been reworn a lot recently. i wish she reused other gowns that she only used once!

I actually like it a lot better with the wind. :) The wind gives movement to the layers and makes it look fuller.

Also looks so much better with the flowers and not the black ribbon. I don't know why, but the old neckline and the skirt when it wasn't in movement, made me think of a bridesmaid or prom dress from a few decades ago. But the new changes, the movement and styling, it looks stunning.

This white dress looks like something for the fairytale princess -- so romantic and ethereal. It really suits Mary.

Pretty dress. The palest of pink blush. I would love to see without any shoulder embellishment and a beautiful brooch instead like her rogal ruby one. Not complaining. Just an idea.

Simply a stunning dress! Most especially when it moves in the wind... Like a fairy tale princess. Kudos for wearing a golden accessory in her hair! :flowers:

Last edited:
June 7, 2016 - Mary at a dinner in the Palace in a recycled purple dress.

I've never been a big fan of this dress, reminds me of a nice beach coverup dress in someway. Mary's overall look a bit messy I would say, the make up looks badly done Imo and her hair's a bit messy. I mean, if she was going for the after beach look, then I think it could've been slightly better done.

Make up ** Full view ** Close up

I think she looks beautiful love the colour

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Nice to see this dress again. Great colour. For my taste it is too low cut around the chest.

The first pictures is just bad quality.. :flowers:

Here is nice HQ pictures from Kongehuset.dk:
Middag for Global Green Growth Forum | Kongehuset

Mary looks so beautifully elegant :) I have always loved this purple gown.

beautiful and elegant. what a fantastic color
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016...led_off_another_sartor-a-25_1465388631136.jpg

she first wore this dress in 2008. wow
http://frederiketmary.f.r.pic.centerblog.net/crown-princess-mary-of-denmark-and-prada-gallery.jpg

The purple dress is wonderful.

Simply beautiful! Wonderful color, style, and fit. Love her shoes this time around.

I have always loved that dress great to see it again
I wish I could a heel that high

Very pretty dress, but it is a bit low cut. What I'm really loving is the room they are in and the color of the walls.

June 7, 2016 - Mary at a dinner in the Palace in a recycled purple dress.

I've never been a big fan of this dress, reminds me of a nice beach coverup dress in someway. Mary's overall look a bit messy I would say, the make up looks badly done Imo and her hair's a bit messy. I mean, if she was going for the after beach look, then I think it could've been slightly better done.

Make up ** Full view ** Close up
The dress is OK and would have benefited from styling that made it a bit more special? Who was the dinner for, because IMO, that makes a difference?
Mary, I think does not overdress and instead dresses to make her audience comfortable/fit in a bit. Some people find that dull, but I think it quite nice of her.

Last edited:
Love the dress, the color and the length are great. Would close up the v neck as a flat chested deep,v looks somehow more revealing to me! Need high heels for the skirt length, but her foot looks as if it is almost contorted and bending backwards, too much

Not liking the cap sleeve, which looks ill fitting.

I usually like her style but not a fan. The color is beautiful but the cap sleeves make it feel ill fitted, and the neck seems too deep. I also don't like the length on her. I'd lose an inch or two at least for a tea length. IMO it seems an odd middle between floor and tea length.

Her hair style is 'on trend' but the "messy" look is not Mary's style and really doesn't suit her. She looks sort of 'unfinished'.

June 12, 2016 - Mary tonight in a yellow and grey embellished dress.

Love the color combo but the her overall isn't the typical Mary IMO. The make up is all wrong, dull, she somehow looks like she has no color but just foundation on and for some reason I dont like her hairstyle with the dress, I guess if she had pulled it up, it would've looked nicer.

This dress reminds me of Prada or Miu Miu

Princess Mary

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom