Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 13: January 2014 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a great dress! Fits Mary so well and the colours are so beautiful.

I love this new dress. It's by Erdem.
The print and the colors are very nice, the cut is flattering and the belt from the same fabric adds a lot to the waist. The hair pulled up was done nicely. Her overall was quite simple and effortless and it worked.

Lovely dress! Stunning as always. Finally something new as well, reycling is a blessing but I was dying of fashion starvation!

AWFUL - just can do (and has) so much better. Loving eveerything about CP does her no favours - and neither does this dress.

:ermm::ermm::ermm::ermm:Why is this awful to you? Just curious! I like the print of the fabric, I bet it's a nice silk fabric and just so summery and fun for a change. She has perfect hair, perfect jewels and she is one very pretty lady...........she carries herself well, seems very well mannered and behaves in public like a lady.

She looks very pretty and those earrings are to die for! Wow!

i like the bold colour and the cut, i think it's a really nice outfit, although i wouldn't say it's my favourite long dress of mary..

I think it is better aas a short day dress I am not crazy about it but those earrings now that is another story ... stunning!! MO

The short Erdem dress is lovely, but it's very different; the neckline is different, the style is different (the gentle billowing of the hem on the short dress is lovely), and the short one is sleeveless.

Mary's dress is long, flat and has puffed sleeves that look nice on young girls. They don't look nice on women 40+.

I think colour mixes are great, but in order to really work, they need to be either in "cool colours" or "warm colours". These dresses have a mix across the borders, and in the long one in particular, it hurts the eye.

Mary's hair is lovely, and the earrings are gorgeous.

The short Erdem dress is lovely, but it's very different; the neckline is different, the style is different (the gentle billowing of the hem on the short dress is lovely), and the short one is sleeveless.

Mary's dress is long, flat and has puffed sleeves that look nice on young girls. They don't look nice on women 40+.

I think colour mixes are great, but in order to really work, they need to be either in "cool colours" or "warm colours". These dresses have a mix across the borders, and in the long one in particular, it hurts the eye.

Mary's hair is lovely, and the earrings are gorgeous.

I did not see any puff sleeves on this dress. And I think it looks marvelous on Crown Princess Mary. This dress is demure and suitably for any women who are confident of their figure (be it >.40 <)

The dress is a little busy for me, but I love the bright colours and Mary looks elegant, as usual. Her hairstyle is great.

I did not see any puff sleeves on this dress. And I think it looks marvelous on Crown Princess Mary. This dress is demure and suitably for any women who are confident of their figure (be it >.40 <)

If you zoom in on this photo, you can see little puffs on her sleeves, which I think is what redtulip was referring to. :flowers:

:whistling:Not a pretty gown at all........what was she thinking? Time to sell, toss or just plain throw away this thing.........rggggg

The top half of the dress isn't that flattering, neither are the colours. Mary would've looked elegant without the belt. Having said that, her hair is great.

Even glorious Mary cannot make this dress look elegant much less pretty. It does nothing for her what so ever..

Yeah, not the best... Her hair is great, tho.

The style and colours are very Scandinavian, but it looks like a shower curtain from Ikea.

It actually looks much better in these pics. It's soft and floaty and feminine. It's still not on my list of favorites, but it's not as bad as I first thought. Her hair looks lovely. Thank you, Roskilde!

It actually looks much better in these pics. It's soft and floaty and feminine. It's still not on my list of favorites, but it's not as bad as I first thought. Her hair looks lovely. Thank you, Roskilde!

I also wonder if it looks better in person.

You can get a better idea of what the dress looks like with the larger photos- still do not care for it at all. Looks like some weird camouflage thing.
Looks like a rhino/ elephant/ zebra /giraffe puked on it.
Sorry if that's unkind, but that's what it reminds me of.

1 June: Crown Princess Mary wears a white dress whilst attending the birthday celebrations of her father-in-law, Prince Henrik. I'm not a huge fan of the bottom half of the dress, but all in all she looks nice:

Photo
With credit to polyesco who originally posted this in the thread about Prince Henrik's birthday.

Last edited:
Mary looks so pretty.

The dress is by Toni Maticevski, and from the Spring/Summer 2013 collection

i like that dress a lot, the shape and cut are very unusual. i also like it's length, below the knee but above the ankle, it gives it a really nice swaying effect.

mary recently wore another of the australian designer dresses she used for that photoshoot, i guess then she got to keep them maybe as a present by the magazine or the designers themselves? maybe she bought those she liked most?

Mary DOES look lovely in that dress!

I LIKE it!!!!!!

I think Mary looks superb in this dress! Love the skirt and the golden appliques? on it. Soft and feminine and elegant. Love her hair, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom