Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 13: January 2014 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The black dress is very Prada/Miu Miu. Its a lovely dress and a nice print, the shade of red is also really nice.

I like it. Reminds me of Princess Diana in Paris around 1887/88

To me, the shade of the red in the dress is a ruby colour, and I find it particularly attractive, and a good choice for Mary's hair and complexion. - I still like the dress, but not necessarily on Mary.

I'm just not sure I'm liking this print on Mary... even though she still looks wonderful. Love her hair and earrings.

I think it could be the style is for someone in their 20's; my mom says "there comes a time in every woman's life when dresses ending above the knee and round necklines don't look right anymore".

There's absolutely nothing being 5, 21, 42 or 88 as such, but if one wants to dress for one's age, styles will be different for most people. It's also perfectly fine for anyone to wear anything at all, but they won't look professional and balanced if they do so. In the end, it's up to the individual.

February 6, 2014 - Mary in a lovely simple black dress with an embellished belt.

Great look!

Picture

I think Mary looks ravishing in this black dress. Pure elegance and the dress fit like a glove on her enviable figure. That said, completely black shoes and if Mary had put her hair up in a classic Mary hair updo would had been the icing on the cake IMO. It had completed the look.

A few more views...

Side view:
http://static1.purepeople.com/artic...0-la-princesse-mary-de-danemark-a-950x0-1.jpg

A bit of the shoes
http://static1.purepeople.com/artic...6-la-princesse-mary-de-danemark-a-950x0-1.jpg
http://princesdanoisacopenhague.p.r.pic.centerblog.net/o/van8.jpg

Back view:
Image du Blog princesdanoisacopenhague.centerblog.net

Last edited:
Mary does indeed look ravishing in her black dress! I just do not care for her shoes. Very unflattering in the two colors and ankle strap.

Oh, I like those two-toned ankle straps! They give a shot of color and interest to a muted but very elegant look.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind the two-toned, but I just find ankle straps to be unflattering. Just imho.

Just love this dress on her. Any ID? What a great figure and good posture she has.
Don't mind the sheer black hose, it's the thick black tights that get me.

I always think that Mary is extremely neat and clean looking. I actually like the sheer black hose but only worn with black dress or skirt[so did my husband-thought they were sexy] but I hate those thick ones worn with dresses. They look dowdy and cheap.

oh the little black dress always works ;-) really like the dress on mary and what a fantastic figure she has! the red nail polish is a nice detail to all the black

Last edited:
Just love this dress on her. Any ID? What a great figure and good posture she has.
Don't mind the sheer black hose, it's the thick black tights that get me.

I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that it's from the Danish designer Elise Gug.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
She looked so pretty. Love those shoes and earrings.

The look is lovely. Mixing various textures of the black colour is smart. I like hairstyle and earring the most.

Last edited:
Its a good look but I always wonder why Mary wears such painfully high shoes, they always look uncomfortable on her feet.

I am so ready for Mary to have a change from black. Time for some colour please. Not that I don't like this outfit but it's been black on black for a while now.

Because they are not uncomfortable for her ???

They must be! :) - I think it was Princess Diana who called high heels "tart's trotters".

I think people in public positions should not wear high heels systematically. It sets a bad example for young women in particular.

And I believe women started wearing high heels to send a message to men around them, saying "catch me, I can't run". :)

I find your comment rather insulting.
If a woman feels comfortable in high heels she can and should wear them.
And she should not listen to what (...) 1,78m tall (...) Diana had to say (who also wore high heels IIRC).

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I don't know Princess Mary at all but I'am pretty sure that she would wear uncomfortable high heels just for the sake of fashion...but I think that she wars them all the time so she should be used to that even if they are unconfortable what I'am pretty sure they are...

Well I don't know Princess Mary at all but I'am pretty sure that she would wear uncomfortable high heels just for the sake of fashion...but I think that she wars them all the time so she should be used to that even if they are unconfortable what I'am pretty sure they are...
No she doesn't. In private, she wears mostly flats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom