Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 13: January 2014 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the dress- don't like the hair clip .

This is a really nice hairstyle, simple and great for any event. The problem as mentioned above is the hair clip. I think if it was a different color it would've worked better. Lovely dress and a great fit.

Agree dress stunning on her actually clip stupid IMO

Mary looks elegant as usual, love the colour of her dress.

The hair looks like something a schoolgirl would have, the dress is elegant and simple and very fitting.

I live near a couple of schools and often see the children arrive in the mornings and come home in the evenings, and most of the girls wear hair in ponytails without clips. Sometimes there are bows, but most of the times it's scrunchies and hair bands. But I do agree with you, Mary's hairstyle is a little childish and silly, I have a photo of me aged four or five with a similar hairstyle. ;) It would've been better just down or as dazzling said, with a different coloured clip.

I like the hair actually. It's girly yes but looks nice on Mary. She's still a young woman after all, not 60 or 70. I'm all for age-appropriate fashion but the principles shouldn't be so restrictive (as long as someone doesn't appear ridiculous of course).

Mary looks elegant and lovely, as usual. The hair clip does not add anything to her hairstyle, as others have said.

Looks like a diamante hair clip. I think it looks great in actual than in photo.

I totally agree with you. Love the pop of green to lighten up the black.

Not a huge fan of the outfit, but it looks nice on Mary and her hair style is great.

Mary looks really pretty.

Am not a fan of those overlay jacket things I don't know what they are supposed to do improve ,cover ?? But hte rest is pretty the bag is fun.

Kitsch enough for the orgy of Kitsch that is the ESC...

I like the outfit, the coat gives it a nice touch

The shawl is an embroidery silk kimono by the Danish brand, Rabens Saloner:
http://web.stagram.com/p/717456890422407933_221634651

Love every time she has those soft curls in her hair. Nice touch with the glittery gold heels, where else to wear such gold heels than to a festive Eurovision Song Contest.

Last edited:
This interpretation of the kimono is quite kitschy.

I love the kimono, but i'm not sure about the fringe? at the bottom. Love the embroidery! Her hair and makeup are divine.

I think the embroidery is beautiful but agree with al bina that the Kimono is a little kitchy and I am definitely not a fan of the fringe! That being said, I think her hair and makeup are superb.

I love the fringe! The pieces are so simple yet it looks quit dressy.

I love Mary's hairstyle but the dress, well, I am undecided. It's a bit too stiff I would say and not too evening looking. I think I would like it more if it was a business dinner or a daytime state visit event matched with a hat and a coat though it is a lovely color.

:previous: I think if she had put her hair up it would have finished the look and taken it from daywear to eveningwear.

Mary's hair style is very beautiful, very sexy and curly, I love it! The dress, well it's more of something I would have worn to go to court or in the law office.........not for a dinner with a president of a country and his wife........too business like. It is a beautiful dress, seems well made and fits her to a T, and the color is great on her, now is she had worn a lace dress in that color with long sleeves and a boat neckline, that would have been perfect on her.

Her brooch looks beautiful, I think, and it's a bit of a shame I can't see it more clearly. - The dress looks like something nice and comfortable for the office.

Mary looks lovely, but that dress reminds me of a bad school uniform!

I like this look on Mary. The dress is quite under-stated. Almost like she was trying to not be the center of attention. Once again, her make up perfect and not shiny like others. I enjoy watching her outfits vary on every occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom