Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 13: January 2014 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary looks stunning! Love the colour of the dress, it really suits her. However I do agree with those who think the choker is a little out of place.

I don't mind that she recycles the dress. It's velvet and it's January so it's probably cold out. I just wish there were a few more gowns in rotation in between. It seems like it's been orange-burgundy-orange-burgundy, which means next year we'll get.....orange. And I don't mind the brooch-choker either. She pretty much has to wear the same jewels every year, and she's tried to make them as versatile as possible. I'm sure it's hard to come up with new ways to wear them with the same dresses.

Why does she have to wear the same few gowns for the same events? I don't mind her re-wearing dresses (indeed it can only be a good thing) but couldn't she wear them somewhere else and have a new or different dress for these receptions.

Why does she have to wear the same few gowns for the same events? I don't mind her re-wearing dresses (indeed it can only be a good thing) but couldn't she wear them somewhere else and have a new or different dress for these receptions.

It has become a habit to wear certain dresses to certain events over and over again, kind of a uniform. Mary especially does this for the New Years events. Letizia of Spain has done a similar thing when attending the Pascua Miliar event or the diplomatic reception.

Duke of Marmalade, you are right, I listen Mary to say a few times I put "my Uniform" to go to work, I think in a way she thinks is her uniform for working, I know we all would love to have an uniform like this to go to work, specialy the jewellery!
Although she has so many goewns, she could change some time with others!

Actually I thought 2012 is by far the best as the neckline was more flattering and stylish. I don't hate the choker [not my favorite] but it is certainly not ugly or offensive. I do give her credit for trying different things and experimenting with pieces of jewelry.

If we are judging on dress alone, then I agree, best in 2012.
But for overall look, I prefer 07.

Because as the Crown Princess and future Queen, she follows the example of the current Queen who recycles her dresses.
As I stated in the Princess Marie thread, Crown Princess Mary would be criticized if, like Princess Marie, she wears a new dress every year.

It has become a habit to wear certain dresses to certain events over and over again, kind of a uniform. Mary especially does this for the New Years events. Letizia of Spain has done a similar thing when attending the Pascua Miliar event or the diplomatic reception.
Quite correct. Even the Queen of England recycles the same outfit for her high official required events.

You have to be incredibly slim to wear a horizontal pattern like that, which Mary certainly is. Too bad the photo is so dark.

Last edited:
I think the dress is excellent, and her hair-style is beautiful.

wow, she is looking very slim. I love the dress, it has different colors and looks like texture to it. And yes, Baroness, wearing horizontal stripes, yowie, puts on the pounds.

From what I can see, she looks terrific. The dress looks rather simple, yet very elegant.

Agree gorgeous at reception love the look and her figure.. total envy

I guess I'm on my own here as I'm not a fan of the colour combinations, but, having said that, Mary looks elegant and I like her hairstyle.

Actually, I'm not enthralled by the color combination of the stripes, either, but the pattern looks good on Mary because she's so slim.

I still love the muted colors and Mary looks perfect for the occasion.

I would have liked the dress better without the belt or the bracelet. I rarely like her shoes, this time is no different. Interesting dress and color combo, her hair is perfect with the dress as is her posture.

Very nice dress, probably looks better in person than in photographs. Her hair is particularly nice and the earrings look well with the hairdo.

February 4: Crown Princess Mary wears a lovely and elegant black dress with red flowers during The Cancer Association's Prize Giving Ceremony:

Side view: coat on ~ Coat of One ~ Coat of Two

Though I don't like prints, I find that pattern pretty interesting and not overwhelming. Wish I could see the entire dress, but it looks quite nice from what I can see so far.
Like the hairdo and the earrings are very nice.

Agree like the hair love the earrings ... am not a print girl either.

I like the dress as such, but I'm not sure it's "her dress", if it makes sense. - Her hair looks lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom