Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 12: April 2013 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the jewelry but I don't like the dress but its a costume so I judge by a different set if rules.

Last edited:
For once, I don't like anything about this! It all looks so cheap... Certainly not befitting our Mary. I realize it's a themed party, but she could have done better.

I actually like but the downside of the outfit is the shiny silk lining and that it's quite short compared to the top layer.

Any attempt to emulate the 20s look is doomed to fail with long hair- NO-ONE wore their hair that long ! Possibly if she braided it and then put it up she would have been more sucessful..

Also i agree the dress looked rather cheap.

Lets face it the 1920s flapper look was a horrible look for ladies of those days. Trying to emulate it leaves a lot of room for failure. I don't mind her attempt at this. Doesn't look like the other ladies tried too hard either.

LOL. So true, Tarlita! (I still think she could have done better!).

Any attempt to emulate the 20s look is doomed to fail with long hair- NO-ONE wore their hair that long ! Possibly if she braided it and then put it up she would have been more sucessful..

Also i agree the dress looked rather cheap.
My first thought was about the long hair also.
I really liked the rest of it, didn't think the dress looked cheap at all. Loved the satin and tulle overlay. Would have liked to have seen the shoes she wore.

For once, I don't like anything about this! It all looks so cheap... Certainly not befitting our Mary. I realize it's a themed party, but she could have done better.

I agree. Not a big fan of the dress.

I agree...with her resources - both monetary and advisory (?) - she could have had a better shot at this....flapper dresses were LONGER and hair was shorter, Mary in a quality bobbed wig would have been spectacular! I would have loved to see a sparkly Prada-esque type mid-calf flapper dress...this was a NO for me too ;)

Like this: http://www.oliviapalermo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Fringe-runway.png

or this: The Great Gatsby: A 1920′s Partay | Keeping Fashion Alive

Another opportunity wasted!

Agree. With all the resources she has she certainly could have done way better. This look like someone rushed to a party making a costume fast at home. Her hair with that band makes her look like Pocahontas, she could have at least put it up, or even wear a wig. And the dress is too short for the 20s. And yes, it looks cheap.
I do not like the look at all, she put no effort into it.

Perhaps, she thought better of wasting money on a dress that would have no value, except once. It is a costume, nothing more. She looked great and if it looked cheap, may people in those days, did.

Perhaps she also thought this is not about her, she is a guest at a party and it should be about the person who's party it is should be the centre of attention. Just a thought....... :)

I think she looked a bit "lost" at the whole affair the outfit was a bit second rate I agree gven every resource she has at her finger tips hair should have been up IMO .. and so on ...

all the photos of Mary she is looking down , not to kin to smile and one she has a coat over inside the car she is covering her face, like she didn't want them to take photos fo her! I know this is a private party but she normally use to bo have pot taken and I am surprise about it! I notice she got fishnets, and I thought it is avery cool for mary to use it! fishnets it is for showgirls !hahah1 and a princess with it thought it looks funny! I like the dress would like to know if it is just custom jewellery what she has in her head?

I thought the dress was okay. It was in the theme of the party and rather discrete. However I think it's not fantastic that crown princes and princesses attend this kind of event. It looks superficial and too jet set for someone who is supposed to represent the people of their country.

The photos of Mary in the taxi made me think of those the press used to take of Kate Middleton when she attended parties and went out.

Perhaps, she thought better of wasting money on a dress that would have no value, except once. It is a costume, nothing more. She looked great and if it looked cheap, may people in those days, did.

I agree. its a costume party. she looked fine.

Dear ashelen and carlota, the picture of the woman in the taxa covering her face IS NOT Mary :flowers: But just another women to the party. The subtitle to the picture tell who it is, but now I can't remember the exactly name.

I'm almost 100 per cent sure that our Mary would never ever do something like that. Even though it was a private party. She is simply way too professional to that :)

Last edited:
September 17, 2013 - Wearing a blue tunic with matching pants and a long necklace to an awards event.

Lovely shade of blue and a lovely outfit!

Full view

dazzling, can you find any more photos of this blue pantsuit? I have been looking and cant find any!

September 17, 2013 - Wearing a blue tunic with matching pants and a long necklace to an awards event.

Lovely shade of blue and a lovely outfit!

Full view

Wow :ohmy: CP Mary looks amazing in this outfit.
But I would like to see updo hair with this outfit.

I like the shape of this outfit. Sometimes tunic tops end up being too big and/or too long, but this is a nice shape and fit on Mary. I will say that I would love to have seen several long strands of necklaces, not just the one. Overall, she looks very nice.

I actually hate this look. It looks like resort wear from the 1970s.

I'm not a fan of this look. It looks too 70's for my taste.

I mlove this on her and the colour is stunning...

I think each piece looks good alone but not together.

Lovely pale pink blouse and skirt, very princessy. Adore the 70's blue tunic and pants. The tailoring is exquisite, the color perfect, and the hair down goes with the look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom