Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 11: October 2012 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the gown aand I love the jewels but NOT together vv disappointing IMO

I like the orange on Mary but I would prefer if she had a slight tan, she would look even better. I liked the dress the first time round with the fur stole. Nevertheless she still looked lovely last night.

The dress is great, but NOT for that occasion..... it is definately a SUMMER dress - short sleeves, "sunny" colour, light fabric.
That´s why it was dissappointing for me, it simply does not work for a WINTER White Tie event.
Additional minus points for red jewels with orange dress colour.
BYe Bine

I really like the orange dress on Mary, she wears it well. Certainly the best dressed of all the ladies and worn together with the jewls one word- fantastic.

agree about the rubies, she must have other options, I like the combination of pink and orange but red and orange not really

I thought Mary looked lovely. The rubies would not be my obvious choice with the orange dress, but I think she manages to make them work.

Its nice to see that the "redcued" version of the ruby necklace worked well.

I love that dress but I agree that it could be better with a slight tan.
The jewels are great but don't match with the dress color.
I wish she had a diamond tiara that she could pair easily with different colors.
Her wedding tiara isn't impressive enough

I wonder if the silk part can be taken off that dress.

The dress itself is quite pretty, but I think orange doesn't suit Mary at all.

Generally I hate orange and the colour does not really suit Mary not to mention the fact that the tiara clashes with the orange but ....BUT I love the whole outfit here. Somehow she looks stunning despite a not so stunning dress. The cut of the dress is beautiful IMO the colour being the main problem here. But Mary carries it off quite well.

Rubies worn with an orange dress? Seems like the sort of mistake my colour-blind mother would make. It's not as if she doesn't have another tiara available to her which wouldn't clash so horribly.

She only has one other tiara and it is her wedding tiara which is not impressive enough to wear for such a gala event. She desperately needs another tiara, imho.

I like the orange on Mary but I would prefer if she had a slight tan, she would look even better. I liked the dress the first time round with the fur stole. Nevertheless she still looked lovely last night.

Oh dear, haven't you been told? Tans are now considered oh so plebian:whistling:

I'm on the fence about the dress - it is a lovely gown, but I'm not sure if the color suits her. Most people cannot wear orange. But it was far better than her mother in law or Marie.

The jewels don't suit the gown. Now that her tenth wedding anniversary is coming up, I think someone should be getting a fabulous new tiara. ;)

The jewels don't suit the gown. Now that her tenth wedding anniversary is coming up, I think someone should be getting a fabulous new tiara. ;)

A new tiara? I don't see that happening anytime soon!

viv

I'll take Mary over QM or Marie.

Not at all wild about the rubies with that orange, and am not a fan of that orange on HER. Also, I am not a fan of the shiny overskirt of the dress.

But I think she still looked the best of the three because of the design of the dress and how it complemented HER, her face, neckline and body. Looking at her from an overall standpoint, I saw HER total beauty, and not JUST the dress she wore.

Note to Frederik:

It's not like you can't afford it, so could you PLEASE spring for a new tiara for your wife, so she doesn't have to wear those rubies (historical though they may well be) with that orange dress ever again for a "big gun" tiara event?

Just sayin'.

I know we'll see that dress again, but PLEASE, Fred, HELP MARY OUT SO SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO SLAP ON THE RUBY PARURE TO WEAR WITH IT!

A girl's gotta have CHOICES, after all!

(And yes, I was hoping we'd see a new gown!)

Last edited:
I'll take Mary over QM or Marie.

Not at all wild about the rubies with that orange, and am not a fan of that orange on HER. Also, I am not a fan of the shiny overskirt of the dress.

But I think she still looked the best of the three because of the design of the dress and how it complemented HER, her face, neckline and body. Looking at her from an overall standpoint, I saw HER total beauty, and not JUST the dress she wore.

Note to Frederik:

It's not like you can't afford it, so could you PLEASE spring for a new tiara for your wife, so she doesn't have to wear those rubies (historical though they may well be) with that orange dress ever again for a "big gun" tiara event?

Just sayin'.

I know we'll see that dress again, but PLEASE, Fred, HELP MARY OUT SO SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO SLAP ON THE RUBY PARURE TO WEAR WITH IT!

A girl's gotta have CHOICES, after all!

(And yes, I was hoping we'd see a new gown!)

Haha, great, hope Fred will read it :D !!!!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thank you, Roskilde! I Love seeing back views as it gives another dimension to the look. I still don't care for the wrap, but it looks better than from the front. Her hair looks fabulous.

we could write to the Royal Court and ask for a new tiara for Mary and Marie. lol They probably will think we are really crazy! rofl But one can always hope.

Maybe Mary can raid the jewel vault for some different pieces if the Queen is in a lending state of mind.

we could write to the Royal Court and ask for a new tiara for Mary and Marie. lol They probably will think we are really crazy! rofl But one can always hope.

:lol:

I'm game!

Count me IN!

Also, maybe we could point out in our letter to QM that with such a nice variety of tiaras that she has at her disposal, she looks like a royal skinflint for not allowing Mary and Marie to share the spoils, at least.

After all, Queen or NOT, Margrethe can only rock ONE HEADPIECE/TIARA AT A TIME!

She really COULD stand to take a page or two out of Beatrix' book about tiara loan-outs!

:D

Last edited:
Disappointed to have a repeat. Didn't like the rubies w/orange the first time either...
Don't think the neckline suits her as she appears quite bony, not too appealing.
Do like the new way she's done the necklace and the tiara shape suits her better.
Fab hair and makeup and wonderful jewels.

Because I love the dress, I don't mind the repeat, in theory BUT the fact that she repeated it to the same event, albeit a few years later (she wore this dress in the doco, Kongehuset Indefra) is the REAL issue I have with this...And I didn't notice the reconfiguration of her necklace...Can someone post comparison photos to show me what you mean...pretty please :)

Margaret's Greenland gold tiara, could have looked fabulous with the orange dress. Perhaps Mary can borrow it the next time she wears the dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom