Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 10: May 2012 - October 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They drank the bong water instead of the champagne last night. They would have to have been stoned to think they were dressed nicely for a black tie event.

:lol: Well, when PH emerged from the Panda costume they would have been forgiven for thinking they were on a trip.....
I can almost see QMII puffing on her cigarette, exclaiming: "Groovy, Henri, groovy".

Last edited:
I think Mary received a lof of gifts in her postion, the same the Queen, and this probably was a gift and becasue she has so much evening gowns and she uses them so regularly probably this was something different that she wanted to use or may be she couldn't care less like one time she mention: I put my "uniform" and go to work , and if it was a gift she wanted to curtesy to use it! we care so much how she dress but aftr so many yeas in hr position may be she doesnt ccare so much anymore.........

It's something that could have been worn in Austin Powers. Not my favorite.

I must admit that I LOVE the dress that CPss Mary was wearing :wub: :wub: :wub:

Wow! this is definately a case of the clothes wearing the person! That's a whole lotta dress going on! (in everyones case, that is)

Well, when PH emerged from the Panda costume they would have been forgiven for thinking they were on a trip.....
I can almost see QMII puffing on her cigarette, explaiming: "Groovy, Henri, groovy".

Brilliant!

Makes one wonder what else the Prince Consort grows in his fields at Château de Caïx :D

the dress very Un-Mary and hope it remains locked away in a attic.

I wouldn't mind being at any party Henrik is at. He sounds like a real corker!

I fear there is a hippie inside Mary, just waiting to burst out!

Billed Bladet has compiled a gallery of similar outfits worn by Mary: https://picasaweb.google.com/100865900034584557354/MaryIMNster

I wonder about the future.....
QMII is well known for her colourful attires, Mary may eventually surpass her...
And Frederik as you know, has on several occasions proved that he is his father's son, dress wise.

What Mary was wearing is a Vietnamese traditional dress called áo dài (long dress). It has been modernised over the years so it has the boat collar and fitted to the body. To a Vietnamese like myself, Mary wore it quite well, because it is not easy to wear and looks graceful at the same time. We used to walk slower in smaller steps.
QM is wearing a court overcoat. In the olden days, the court ladies wore these to court. The colours and embroidery reflected their ranks.
Henrik was obviously wore a Chinese shirt for men.
If you happen to go to Vietnam, ladies, you will be addicted to these áo dài and I think Mary is one of those who are. And BTW, the trend today is slightly shorter than Mary's but it can never be as short as a tunic. The width of the legs of the pants can be different too.

What Mary was wearing is a Vietnamese traditional dress called áo dài (long dress). It has been modernised over the years so it has the boat collar and fitted to the body. To a Vietnamese like myself, Mary wore it quite well, because it is not easy to wear and looks graceful at the same time. We used to walk slower in smaller steps.
QM is wearing a court overcoat. In the olden days, the court ladies wore these to court. The colours and embroidery reflected their ranks.
If you happen to go to Vietnam, ladies, you will be addicted to these áo dài and I think Mary is one of those who are. And BTW, the trend today is slightly shorter than Mary's but it can never be as short as a tunic. The width of the legs of the pants can be different too.

Thanks a lot mellie for explanation, and please do not feel offended by our critics. It's true that the eye in an outfit changes if this is worn like an ethnik piece, rather that an actual everyday international outfit.
It is logicall that all 3 worn Vietnamese, for me its like a compliment to Prince Henrik, who has been grown in Vietnam (then Indochine), he speaks the language and adores the country.

I fear there is a hippie inside Mary, just waiting to burst out!

Billed Bladet has compiled a gallery of similar outfits worn by Mary: https://picasaweb.google.com/100865900034584557354/MaryIMNster

I wonder about the future.....
QMII is well known for her colourful attires, Mary may eventually surpass her...
And Frederik as you know, has on several occasions proved that he is his father's son, dress wise.

As long as Mary doesn't start wearing that flowered head piece/tiara that QMII has!

Very colourful and 1960 ish. Not my favourite combination of colours though.

Good comparison, polyesco! Let us hope that from now on it will stay on the ceiling or until they visit Vietnam.. :)

i'm not a fan of this dress... i wonder who told mary it looked at all good.
queen margrethe didn't seem to do any better. thank godness marie saved the situation. she looked impecable in her red and black dress...

:eek: Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Mary's makeup was nice but this is unquestionably the worst outfit I have ever seen her in and the earrings did not match it at all. What was going on with the dress code of the royal ladies? What were they thinking? :bang:

Wow, I didn't understand that they were honoring another culture in their choice of outfits. Thanks for clarifying.:flowers:

Crown Princess Mary at a birthday party yesterday, June 2, wearing a nice recycled dress:

** Pic **

Not too crazy about the dress, but her hair is lovely.

Crown Princess Mary at a birthday party yesterday, June 2, wearing a nice recycled dress:

** Pic **

One of my favorite dresses, and it fits her beautifully. I love the 50s look of it.

I Think she Looks Beautiful , But I Don’t Like her Dress Much , Looks Nice on her , her hairstyle Nice .

Not a fan of this dress, I think it's odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom