Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 10: May 2012 - October 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary looked just stunning in this simple but very chic dress. Her hair added the right touch along with the beautiful earrings. Her best accessory was her husband, who also looked dashing, and he obviously loved what he saw! :)

I love the way the layers over the bust emphasised Mary's small waist. The shade of white looked great with her skin tone and I really love the soft braid. Very feminine without being fussy,

:previous: Thank you! It was the perfect style for her. As I (probably) said before - very elegant and feminine...a gorgeous classic.

I like this dress on Mary, dont think it washes her out at all. Due to the lace mix I dont think its dull, either. Fred's tie matches beautifully.

Having said that, most colours on this trip where white/pale colours, like the white suit, the skirt/top combo or the yellow dress in the beginning what doesnt suit Mary very well.

My faves on this trip were the mustard patterned dress with the cardi, the white layer dress and the dress above.

Last edited:
I like this dress, very princessy. I would have loved to see a strand of pearls on with it. I also noted Mary seemed to have a theme of white and yellows this trip. I thought it was a success for the most part.Mary looks beautiful in summer colors IMO>

The dress is nice but there is something about the top part that I dislike, although I can't even pinpoint what it is.
The skirt part is beautiful though, and I do like the shoes a lot.

Last edited:
Stunning day/cocktail dress! I have one in a very similar style and detail though mine is in nude peach and soft lavender which I find to be an extraordinarily beautiful and delicate marriage.

Last edited:
The dress is nice but there is something about the top part that I dislike, although I can't even pinpoint what it is.

Could it be the placing of the lace in the middle? Looks like they placed it to form some kind of arrow shape close up

Maybe it's the pattern of the lace on the bodice; while I find this dress pretty I'm not bowled over by it. But Mary always gives us style versatility, so kudos to her!

Last edited:
I like the lace , i am not crazy about it but i like it! she looks good in it! i think is from a danish designer probably, anyone here knows?

I think I'd like this dress more if she'd worn her hair down. Somehow the combination of several hair with such feminine floaty dress doesn't work IMO.

Newscom - Multimedia for Websites and Publishers mary&search2String=a&dispOutput=grid&eaCurrentPageNum=1&bylinesearch=&locationsearch=&sourcesearch=&actionsearch=&postersearch=&attrsearch=&capwrisearch=&categorysearch=&scatssearch=&scodesearch=&specialsearch=&subjectsearch=&feature=spnphotosthree&vg=false&searchPhoto=Y&searchVideo=N&searchText=N&searchGraphics=N&sort=d&searchSet=no&searchSetName=&searchHZ=N&searchVT=N&daterng=&searchtype=newsearch
Newscom - Multimedia for Websites and Publishers mary&search2String=a&dispOutput=grid&eaCurrentPageNum=1&bylinesearch=&locationsearch=&sourcesearch=&actionsearch=&postersearch=&attrsearch=&capwrisearch=&categorysearch=&scatssearch=&scodesearch=&specialsearch=&subjectsearch=&feature=spnphotosthree&vg=false&searchPhoto=Y&searchVideo=N&searchText=N&searchGraphics=N&sort=d&searchSet=no&searchSetName=&searchHZ=N&searchVT=N&daterng=&searchtype=newsearch

I think it's a nice enough dress, but like Baroness of Books said, I'm not bowled over by it. The skirt is pretty though.

Could it be the placing of the lace in the middle? Looks like they placed it to form some kind of arrow shape close up
That's probably it. The shape is a bit distracting and just doesn't work for me.
Otherwise, a beautiful dress.

I seem to think so, too, to regarding the color of the dress, and the shoes seem gold as well.

ITA. This is a very beautiful lace dress and I love it from the back. The bodice is either too tight or small or she's possibly not busty enough for the dress. I don't know either, overall it is really beautiful. Maybe a necklace or boatneckline would've worked better.:)

To me it is the lack of balance that spoils it. The top high cut arms that are 'sporty", more suited to a sports swimsuit or beach dress. Or a swimsuit with a sarong. Maybe the dress needed to be slimline with those shoulders?

Somehow the bodice is neither feminine or flattering and leaves the shoulders sort of exposed. If the shoulders had been wider I think it would have looked much more balanced, more elegant, more "evening" with that deliciously feminine skirt and those fabulously chic heels.

http://i50.tinypic.com/xerdxf.jpg

Last edited:

She Looks Nice , The Most Thing I Like That Her Dress Color Same Color Of Prince Frederik Tie That’s So Lovely , Only Deep Lovers Do That :in_love:

She Looks Beautiful , her Dress Nice But Not One of Her Best , But I Like Her Shoes Very Much So Chic , Thanx for Posting :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
The dress was beautiful, feminine and elegant and very well accessorized. But something about the overall look was not right for me. I cannot put my finger on it, whether it was the hair, the neckline, or the layout of the lace, but I think it is as MARG said that the upper bodice, arms and neckline are not 'in balance' with the rest of the dress.

Without analyzing every detail of the outfit ;) I just think it's
a lovely, feminine dress that looks very nice on Mary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom