Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 1: March 2005 - May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Official Visit to Iceland:

I don't like the dress at all but IMO hair and makeup are excellent.
I disagree. ;)
I like that dress alot!
It suits Mary. I could not imagine many more Royal women wearing this dress.

I agree on her hair and make-up. It's perfect. She looked really beautiful last night!

I can't define my attitude to the dress :ermm:
its unusual - yes, suits mary - yes. but still there is something wrong with it.
the hair and make-up - perfect

I love her hair. It is softer, more feminine, yet somehow still sophisticated. :wub:
I adore her earrings. They are large, yet once again both feminine and sophisticated. :wub:
But, the dress. Wow, it is soft, floaty, wonderfully understated yet what a powerful statement it actually is. Ethereal . . . :in_love:

I think Mary has finally emerged as a "Prescence". She seems to have that indefinable "it" factor. Almost like a steel butterfly. :flowers:

She is so striking!

Each to their own opinion of course, but to me Mary is without a doubt the most beautiful Crown Princess the world over.

The earrings are gorgeous. They seem consist of emerlad cut amethysts', suspended from diamond rosettes mounted on white gold or silver. Really lovely.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k225/comtessede/Earrings.jpg

Last edited:
I love the dress !!
Very pretty, the bold print suits Mary well & she can pull it off. The whole look was very different & the dress looks like its abit more layed back, not very formal but not too casual.

The earrins are sooooooo beautiful I too am unsorenabout the dress her hairis divine. Yes I agree dazzling that look is also hard to pull off and Mary has done it as always.

I don't like the dress at all. It is so weird, her make up is good, not to fond of the hair but it is ok.

I love the dress, very different! Her hair is wonderful and such beautiful skin :wub:. She really looked wonderful.

This dress is nice but without this something around her belt.

I agree--it looks like she took the skirt off to go to the ladies room and forgot to finish tucking her blouse back in! I half expect to see toilet paper attached to her shoe. It's too bad, because other than the strange waist, I kind of like the dress.

I am undecided about the dress....her hair and makeup are perfect.

IMO fantastic dress, Mary looks awesome :flowers:
and very good make-up and her hair.

I really don't like the dress, it does absolutely nothing for her figure! It's really too bad, because her hair looks lovely!

I love the dress and her hairstyle was perfect.

Each to their own opinion of course, but to me Mary is without a doubt the most beautiful Crown Princess the world over.

I don't agree . Mary is not so beautiful and surely not the most beautiful princess (at least to me ;)) . But she really knows how to dress and to make herself look the best . I really like this new gown : elegant and perfectly combined with the hair-do, jewels and make-up . To me, maybe the most beautiful gown she has ever worn !:clap::flowers:

The dress has my aplause for beeing different and Mary has also my aplause for wearing it, although I think it is a bit too long for her and not suitable for the ocassion a bit too mucht for this kind of dinner.

The dress is different- contemporary, not many women could wear such a dress but her body shape makes her pull this dress off! The hair and jewels were nice and elegant and complemented the dress quite nicely.
My only complaint is that she wore far too much eye makeup. Other than that the look is a winner!

I don't agree . Mary is not so beautiful and surely not the most beautiful princess (at least to me ;)) . But she really knows how to dress and to make herself look the best . I really like this new gown : elegant and perfectly combined with the hair-do, jewels and make-up . To me, maybe the most beautiful gown she has ever worn !:clap::flowers:

Hence, each to their own. I think she undoubtedly is...;)

I do love the dress/hair/makeup/etc. I think it suits the Icelandic landscape and sense of design. The graphic pop art dress is fashion right now, but not a major fashion. It's not something a lot of persons would have the guts to wear. She looks good in it.

I agree--there is the classic definition of beautiful, regular features, etc., and there is the "eye of the beholder" or "I really, really like her so I've decided she's beautiful" definition of beauty. To me, Mary is slightly better looking than average, although if you look at the pre-princess photos, I would say she is solidly average. I do think, though, that she has done the absolute best she can do with herself, and that she has a beautiful body.

In the eyes of the beholder, indeed :)

With her dark chocolate locks, porcelain complexion and the size and shaping of her mouth and eyes, Mary personifies a natural, and imo, classical magnetism. She could have easily been a Le Brun magnum opus.

As for this particular evening dress, I don't particularly like it or think it suits her. Her hair would perhaps benefit from being a little longer aswell.

I'd have gone for something like, say...

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k225/comtessede/33.jpg

Overlooking the colour difference between her head and the models body.lol. I think she'd look ravishing in this subtle number.

Last edited:
:previous:I really love this dress but considering how warmly Mary has been dressed during the last few days she must be very chilly in it.

I agree--there is the classic definition of beautiful, regular features, etc., and there is the "eye of the beholder" or "I really, really like her so I've decided she's beautiful" definition of beauty.
I don't think that there is a classic definition of beauty, nor do I think there ever can be. I can't count the amount of times I have seen/heard someone describe as a classic beauty, and in the next moment have them described by someone else as "well she is no classic beauty but...". You only have to look at the different models that grace the catwalks and magazine covers - the type of look that they say is 'in' changes every few years because some one person behind the scenes will decide that is what is beautiful. Because we are all individuals beauty has and always will be in the eye of the beholder or there would be no hope for those of us who don't pocess the current 'classic beauty' look.

CP Mary on Concert.
very regal silver dress with little jacket. unfortunately there is no good picture of her shoes. :rolleyes:
Imagine
Imagine
Imagine

Last edited:
Ladys what she is going to wear tomorow?????I'am very very curious!

Well... I assume Crown Princess Mary will wear something demure ... The day belongs to Ms. Cavallier;)

The dress is very nice. It would suit her well. However the Danish royal ladies seldom wear form fitting dresses for royal weddings. The gowns are usually big and voluminous, very theatrical and usually shiny.:rolleyes:

Imo, she looks great in rich jewel colors and oddly enough in pastels. We'll see what she comes up with..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom