Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 32: June 2020 - January 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought CP Mary's outfit looked weird because the cape is so much shorter than the outfit underneath it.

CP Mary at this morning celebrations for Queen Margrethe's 50th Jubilee

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJDayCMWYAER8Cs?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJDbR9jWQAEHuvp?format=jpg&name=medium

I like Mary's outfit with coat but without it, it doesn't look good from the front imho.

I thought CP Mary's outfit looked weird because the cape is so much shorter than the outfit underneath it.

I agree...classic, classy, chic...regal.
Hmm, what do you wear when you want to look chic and regal but understated because it is your M-I-L's Jubille and you don't want anyone to think you are trying to upstage the lady of the moment?

OK, first take a plain caramel dress with three-quarter length sleeves and layer it over a creamy white long-sleeved blouse with full-length sleeves and an interesting turn over collared blouse.

Add a matching three-quarter length cape layered over the top showcasing the restrained elegance of the collar (relieving the starkness of the unadorned high, round neckline and with plain white sleeves showing through the cape's armholes and neatly showcasing said sleeves holding the almost obligatory small bouquet of flowers.

Add a plain, slightly lighter caramel pillbox hat adorned with an even lighter caramel applique flower and the almost obligatory matching accessories.

Bingo! You have a very elegant lady in block beige. An utterly perfect warm coloured D-I-L, to showcase HM.

Don’t like the shirt under the dress as the lower arms in white look strange. Also the two different lengths of dress and cape, no good

I love this beige shade, very classy but not over-the-top (quite appropriate for the occasion), and the material looks very good quality.

I don't mind that the cape is shorter than the dress, because the cape is A-line and not restricting the flow of the skirt underneath...

What I don't like, is the pairing of the white blouse underneath that very form-fitting dress. It's probably because of the cold weather (seeing that she added an additional cardigan at the cathedral) but still, not a very good choice for the dress.:ermm:

I liked it better when the same cape was paired with a white sweater and a beige skirt in 2019 - same colour palette, but different items. Again, could be because she felt too cold (and still in recovery of covid)...

https://billedbladet-prod.imgix.net...edia/20191107_cfi5264.jpg?ixlib=imgixjs-3.4.0

P.S. Happy to see the lovely felt pillbox return. Mary really knows how to wear a pillbox. Now I'm waiting for that light grey Jane Taylor disc hat to make a comeback from 2015 ?

Last edited:
She looked fine, but it was a bit bland to me.

But- if she didn’t want to stand out, all neutral works.

Time to close this thread. The new one can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom